Author Topic: Speaking of lasers...  (Read 4849 times)

Offline (TLL) Chesterwiz

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Speaking of lasers...
« on: April 29, 2009, 11:43:43 PM »
I worked with lasers (co2, yvo4) and was training at a laser manufacturer. I asked whats the strangest application that was used for the laser. The person replied:

One time there was a gentleman who burned down someones house (if I recall it was his girlfriend). He stood a distance away and powered the 10W CO2 laser with 42VDC and pointed it at the house.

This guy must have been a mech fan!

Now the 10W would have taken a bit to ignite something, maybe wood or something else flamable....

Offline (TLL)Nick

• Lance Captain
Re: Speaking of lasers...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 12:11:48 AM »
LOL

Offline CHH Ghost

• Recruit
  • Theta Galaxy Commanding Officer
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 03:45:28 AM »
I worked with lasers (co2, yvo4) and was training at a laser manufacturer. I asked whats the strangest application that was used for the laser. The person replied:

One time there was a gentleman who burned down someones house (if I recall it was his girlfriend). He stood a distance away and powered the 10W CO2 laser with 42VDC and pointed it at the house.

This guy must have been a mech fan!

Now the 10W would have taken a bit to ignite something, maybe wood or something else flamable....

Pfft, I do that all the time....

Offline (TLL) Chesterwiz

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 07:34:47 AM »
To your girl friends house?

Offline CHH Ghost

• Recruit
  • Theta Galaxy Commanding Officer
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 05:32:15 PM »

Offline xPyroAcidx

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 08:32:55 PM »
bitch porbley broke his mechwarrior cd    " i show you bitch its over  "got his er small laser and let it loose" lol
Live Free Or Die Trying

Offline xPyroAcidx

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 08:35:55 PM »
yah lasers i been trying to find out the math  becouse i been intrusted in makeing a hobby project into makeing a laser for hunting and beenwanting  to find out the math in ok flesh burns at what temp?. and how much power is needed just to fry a hole in the meat 8 inchs deep just enuff to pop the heart or lung
Live Free Or Die Trying

Offline Scruffe

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +31/-0
  • Adventure!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 09:34:38 PM »
and beenwanting  to find out the math in ok flesh burns at what temp?.

say what?
Vote Bill for multidimentional sex warlock 2013.

Offline Karuik

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-1
  • Put some tits on it.
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 09:36:17 PM »
what i gather is:

what temparture does flesh burn
and what power would burn it 8 inches deep

Offline xPyroAcidx

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 10:12:47 PM »
what i gather is:

what temparture does flesh burn
and what power would burn it 8 inches deep
  yes  if you can find what temp flesh burns you get the idea of what power is needed for that laser to burn then do the math on what power needed to burn a hole that deep by mutiplying the said burn temp/power  this is not impossble to do look at what just a dvd burner laser can do .
Live Free Or Die Trying

Offline (TLL)Highlander

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • Toast Exile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 10:58:39 PM »
One thing: Periods are your friends, and comas are your BFFs. Sometimes use the "..." to make a bit of a pause and people kinda absorb what uve said a bit better (i think) along with other uses. What im saying is, break things up a bit it and will be easier on the readers and people will tend to take you more seriously instead of a six your old hyped up on mt dew.
All of my posts are of my personal opinions unless obviously otherwise.
Punkbuster: Keeping legitimate players out since 2000

Offline xPyroAcidx

• Recruit
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 09:19:14 AM »
keep to the subject not go off with the grammer nazi.  its not a fourm rule so plz if you don't like the way i post you either A ignore it B.mute me simple right? i know its hard really i do.
Live Free Or Die Trying

Offline [MPB]OM_Sannyasi

• Senior Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-1
  • Settin standards for paid MW:O employees since 08'
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 10:33:23 AM »
keep to the subject not go off with the grammer nazi.  its not a fourm rule so plz if you don't like the way i post you either A ignore it B.mute me simple right? i know its hard really i do.

I second mr. highlander- it is a bit confusing sometimes for us 'nazis'- I don't think Mr. highlander meant any insult, just be mindful of the reader is all. I don't have perfect grammer but I do try to do my best so that people understand what I'm saying clearly. Take care sir :)

I make people earn their checks ;)

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 02:37:11 PM »

It's true Pyro, because you don't use comma's or fullstops it takes people twice as long to read your posts as others posts twice as long!

The effect of posting like you do is that A: People don't read what you say (TBH my eyes go funny trying to read your posts) or worse B: People read what you say, but the strain involved in reading it makes many people rather hostile to what you have to say.....and a lot of your points are valid, except when your calling decent folks nazi's or women bitches (round these parts they're called "Birds","Totty","Bint" or "1st Wife" ;) ) .

So have some pity on those who read what your saying and make it a bit easier to read, please......

Before folks make a petition ;)

Pecuniam non olet
Quid enim saluis infamia nummis

"Make this game my way, because I HAVE A DISORDER!" - VictorMorson
".....show us on the doll where MWLL touched you bad." - KingLeer

Offline Punisher1

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
  • Good, Bad, ..Heh....I'm the Guy with the Gun!
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 11:06:25 PM »

I second mr. highlander- it is a bit confusing sometimes for us 'nazis'- I don't think Mr. highlander meant any insult, just be mindful of the reader is all. I don't have perfect grammer but I do try to do my best so that people understand what I'm saying clearly. Take care sir :)

Man whats the beef with Nazi's? Now, TROLLS, heh, thats a whole other story.........
Contact me on Skype: sloane_vae_victis