Author Topic: Photoshop and related  (Read 1238 times)

Offline (TLL)Highlander

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • Toast Exile
Photoshop and related
« on: May 04, 2009, 12:33:11 AM »
I just got photoshop the other day and am completely clueless about everything. I just have a few questions that maybe you guys can help me with.

1. Is there any tutorials or videos out there that could help me out

2. Wheres a good site to get battletech/mechwarrior pictures (would really like a freeze frame of the vulture
fireing it's LRMs in MW 3 intro)

3. How do i convert projects back into pictures that i can take out of photoshop and insert into word, for example

4. Any other tips or suggestions would be great
All of my posts are of my personal opinions unless obviously otherwise.
Punkbuster: Keeping legitimate players out since 2000

Cowking

Re: Photoshop and related
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 01:23:05 AM »
here is a great source of BT photos: http://ppc.warhawkenterprises.com/intshots/
Also I suggest searching mechwarrior or battle tech on http://www.deviantart.com/

Idk any good learning tutorials on photoshop since i learned it by messing with it. But in ordered to convert just save anything you edited as a jpg or a PNG if you want to keep transparency.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 03:10:15 AM »
1.) Some quick tutorials:
photoshopcafe.com
photoshoptutorials.ws
photoshoproadmap
photoshopsupport.
entheosweb.com

2.) look in our Gallery, if its not in there, ask a Member ;)

3. Which kind of Projects, and which format? Photoshop can import/export a greater amount of file types. It also depends of which media your Photoshop work is to be displayed in.
 If you wish to keep your work-flow at its highest save your work in Photoshop as .psd, that way you'll keep layers, etc. intact. If you have to put the image up somewhere else, save it in a web friendly format.

Word can import .emf, .wmf, .jpg, .jpeg, .jfif, .jpe and png.

4. Start by sketching your ideas out on paper, in every angle and detail before venturing on into Photoshop.

[Edit: Typo]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 03:38:22 AM by (TLL)KitLightning »

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline (TLL)Highlander

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
  • Toast Exile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 04:10:56 AM »
Wow thanks guys, i might as well have put this on the TLL forums  :P. Ill be looking at these pics for hours. Unfortunatly im not much of an artist so im no good at sketching or anything (mostly a musician).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 04:50:16 AM by (TLL)Highlander »
All of my posts are of my personal opinions unless obviously otherwise.
Punkbuster: Keeping legitimate players out since 2000