Author Topic: A plain, ordinary introduction  (Read 4504 times)

Offline Serafina

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
Re: A plain, ordinary introduction
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 11:30:58 AM »
The summoner

My favorite of the original variants was the G-variant - one PPC, one ER-LL, and six SRM-4s and a Heavy-SL.
Good long-range firepower, and the ability to swoop down onto a damaged foe and kill him quickly.

[img=http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/content/view/80]http://The Living-Legends variant[/img] is also very good at this (1 PPC, 1 LRM-15 and one AC-20), altough i would want to reduce it's ammo dependency - i prefer energy weapons.

Fast, mobile (Jump Jets) and well armed. I am looking forward for the variants in MW:LL, and even more to the customization system.
I am a servant of the immortal god-emperor of mankind. In His glorious name, I shall bring his Justice. In His glorious name, I shall bring his faith. And in His glorious name, I shall destroy His enemies.
Lady Serafina Morantor, Cadian Inquisitor

Offline Ashes

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-3
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 01:23:35 PM »
I never really liked the Thor/Summoner. I just have a hate for it ever since Mechwarrior 3, >.> It killed my Bushwhacker with a Fluke shot to the Cockpit....

STUN

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 08:05:54 AM »
I never really liked the Thor/Summoner. I just have a hate for it ever since Mechwarrior 3, >.> It killed my Bushwhacker with a Fluke shot to the Cockpit....

I think its overused in online mechwarrior. The center torso is way too easy to hit, I usually use mechs that are tougher to core..

Offline Ashes

• MechWarrior
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2009, 08:29:44 AM »
I like the mechs with speed and a punch

Offline Wilde_E_Koyote

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »
I like:

1) Timberwolf
2) Direwolf
3) Warhawk

Nothing else :)
Athlon 64 X2 4000+ @2100 MHz | Radeon HD 3870 512 MB | 2GB DDRII @ 800 MHz

Offline KiloEcho

• MechWarrior
  • aka FreebirthScum
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 03:42:40 PM »
Summoner and Stormcrow are my primary rides, though the Timberwolf D variation (two ER PPC's and four Streak SRM-6's) is starting to grow on me too.  I'd give Inner Sphere mechs, but haven't had the chance to pilot one yet  :'(

And, though a bit late, welcome to the forum Serafina!

Believing in a political party is not a sign of a person's intelligence, just his willingness to be led about by the nose.
Individual conviction and decisive actions are the signs of true intelligence.

~Admiral James McKenna.  September 15, 2313

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2009, 01:13:05 PM »
Summoner and Stormcrow are my primary rides, though the Timberwolf D variation (two ER PPC's and four Streak SRM-6's) is starting to grow on me too.  I'd give Inner Sphere mechs, but haven't had the chance to pilot one yet  :'(

And, though a bit late, welcome to the forum Serafina!

Noooo....That was the noob machine from stock MP MW3! (They would never hit you with the PPCs through the lag, but the SSRMs could turn fast enough to defeat the lag shield, and they were all pointed forwards rather than 2 fore 2 aft, so MW3 killed the TWolf D (it was such a common sight in stock games that most people referred to an "Alt D" when they were talking about the TWolf). 

Timber Wolf Prime, has always been my favourite Clan omni-variant.

Pecuniam non olet
Quid enim saluis infamia nummis

"Make this game my way, because I HAVE A DISORDER!" - VictorMorson
".....show us on the doll where MWLL touched you bad." - KingLeer

Offline Ashes

• MechWarrior
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2009, 01:52:35 PM »
Mechs-
Raven
Warhammer
Bushwhacker

^_^
All are customized to my standeds

Offline KiloEcho

• MechWarrior
  • aka FreebirthScum
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2009, 11:02:54 PM »
Noooo....That was the noob machine from stock MP MW3! (They would never hit you with the PPCs through the lag, but the SSRMs could turn fast enough to defeat the lag shield, and they were all pointed forwards rather than 2 fore 2 aft, so MW3 killed the TWolf D (it was such a common sight in stock games that most people referred to an "Alt D" when they were talking about the TWolf).
[/quote]

Noob machine?  In that case, time to abandon.

I ended up choosing Alt D because the mix of ER and pulse lasers on the Prime don't work out well for me, but mostly because I've always hated LRM-20's for being too powerful and using up all their ammo quickly.  Whereas I liked Alt D because of the ER PPC's being the main powerful long range attack and the Streak SRM's would be able to last longer and do more damage than LRM 20's.  But I do agree that having all four SRM's pointed forward makes it too powerful.  Then again, I don't honestly see how Activision could've implemented rear fire weapons effectively in MW2.

Tonight maybe I'll give the Alt A or Alt C a try.  I don't care if I'm the worse player in the game, I refuse to use any weapon deemed noob friendly.   8)

Believing in a political party is not a sign of a person's intelligence, just his willingness to be led about by the nose.
Individual conviction and decisive actions are the signs of true intelligence.

~Admiral James McKenna.  September 15, 2313

Offline Ashes

• MechWarrior
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 04:20:56 AM »
Serafina are you a Clanner? Since u have the Thor/Summoner?

Because if u are ill use my Warhammer to take you out a little Girls of Mechwarrior face off ^_^

By my research on the Thor/Summoner all i have to do is get close and stay on target to get you out of the fight. Since you have that fancy Clan ER weapons <.<. Also your faster then me.... and more armour <.<....But i got 2 PPCs ^_^ and 4 Med pulse lasers. So when we do Verse mind if u stay still for a bit?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:31:09 PM by Ashley »

Offline Karuik

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-1
  • Put some tits on it.
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 08:25:01 PM »
uuuum the summoner also has a niiiice uac20, so yes go on and get close :D

Offline Serafina

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 09:20:57 PM »
Aww, why did you have to tell her?

Thats the main reason why i like the Summoner - it has something for every situation. Speed to threaten light and mediums, Jumpjets, weaponery for every situation - all i would want to change from the MW:LL-version is more energy weaponery.

Something like this:
Left Arm: PPC
Right Arm: Medium and/or small lasers
Shoulder Rac: AC20 (or an Ultra-AC 10 or 20, if possible).
I am a servant of the immortal god-emperor of mankind. In His glorious name, I shall bring his Justice. In His glorious name, I shall bring his faith. And in His glorious name, I shall destroy His enemies.
Lady Serafina Morantor, Cadian Inquisitor

Offline =KoS=Zeus

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +83/-0
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 01:53:51 AM »
Hrmm, I think that would give the edge to Ashley's Warhammer since she is hammering you at range with 2 PPCs to your 1 (even if there were clan ppcs in the game she's still dropping 33% more damage at long range.)

Up close (which the summoner can get to fairly quickly) the odds stack more in the summoner's favor. The UAC20 and 3ish medium lasers can certainly hash out a lot of damage, but the Warhammer is also slugging back with 4 medium lasers and an SRM-6, nothing to laugh at.

I think it will all come down to how accurate the PPC fire is in the early stage of the engagement. A couple well placed PPCs to the Summoner's CT could spell doom when it gets into range for the lasers and SRM volley. Optionally, the Summoner suffers from too few weapon mountings, so a couple PPC hits to the left arm can destroy the UAC20, and eliminate over half of its firepower. A similar move against the warhammer only eliminates a single PPC, leaving it evenly matched in the long range snipe fight.

Offline Ashes

• MechWarrior
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 05:56:47 AM »
Hmmmm so how about it Fina team up and own these Smoes?