Author Topic: Could a DEV give a proper step by step guide on how to properly load this mod?  (Read 24173 times)

Offline Vainspark

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
When I try to launch Crysis.

Offline Rally

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +13/-1
When I try to launch Crysis.

Oh, I don't think this fits any of the common symptoms, I don't know how to fix that. But just say one more thing, is this just MWLL crashing on you, or does it happen even when you launch Crysis alone.

Offline whatever

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-1
  • Has the wisdom of the old man of the mountain.
update beta 0.1.0 installed.

received one mp_multilaguagepack error when extracting using win.rar other wise runs fine, just follow the earlier instructions for updates.
I was a mechwarrior like you once; until i took a arrow to my mech's knee ...

Offline Crimson Death

• Bondsman
When I load the mod up and try to play a Multiplayer game it asks for my GameSpy Nickname and Password and then I get the message that I have either the wrong nickname or password. I know they are correct since I just logged into GameSpy Comrade to launch Crysis. What am I doing wrong?

I even made a new account at first since I though I didn't know my old GameSpy nickname and password using a different E-mail account and got into the game and saw the server list but I couldn't play since I didn't update to the new 010 patch that just dropped. So I downloaded the patch and installed it and can't log in now using either my old GameSpy nickname and password or the new one I just created.

EDIT: Fixed the problem.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 07:48:42 PM by Crimson Death »

Offline ArchHood

• Bondsman
Alright, I have followed JT Kirk's instructions, (Up to modifying the shortcut) And was able to get Crysis to load no problem, But MWLL was not on the mods tab.   I have replaced the shortcut with the one JT Kirk provided, and what happens is this:

I click on the prepared shortcut as normal, and my screen goes black as if to start the intro and splash screens.  Thing is the screen just stays black forever and does nothing (I Tried to wait it out, and gave up after 15min).  When I touch any key on the keyboard, The black screen goes away to my normal desktop, with nothing running in the background. (I doublechecked Task Manager, No Crysis or anything)

This is a new one for me, Has anyone had a similar problem?

Offline whatever

• Lance Sergeant
just installed the 2.0 update..works fine, i wish the mw:ll launcher could have a dx9 option on the  auto launcher..

Offline whatever

• Lance Sergeant
remember to delete the mod file,follow the directions

Offline Mad_CatMk2

• Bondsman
just installed the 2.0 update..works fine, i wish the mw:ll launcher could have a dx9 option on the  auto launcher..

is there a way to set dx9 with the new launcher?

Offline whatever

• Lance Sergeant
i just added -mod to my dx9 option on my crysis startup shortcut in mygames in vista OR you can make a short cut that starts up the mod in dx9 make sure the paths are

correct, currently the dx9 on startup of the game is not a avalible option right now,it might be in the future...also sorry for the way late answer...

Offline whatever

• Lance Sergeant
first i deleted the mods file from the crysis directory then i have started downloading the 0.3.0 update

more info after the download is complete.

Offline whatever

• Lance Sergeant
first download had "revert your files" bug, probably a corrupt download, deleted mods file again and downladed from the germany mirror,

works fine! :) plus there is a dx9 force on the mwll launcher! :)

Offline whatever

• Lance Sergeant
installed the patch 0.3.1 from the german site and works fine...

Offline Dragonlord

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +22/-4
hnn I usually just press the shortcut in the task manager to the game I bought *shrugs* on a DVD which never has been in after I installed it :o

This brings for a question from me.
You saying you dont have the Crysis DVD in the drive when playing MWLL?
Cause mine will not launch if I dont have the dics in the drive, ut tells me to insert the disc.
Am I missing something here?
Corsair HX 850W PSU
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Socket-AM3           AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Six Core, 3,3GHZ/3,7GHz Turbo
Corsair SSD Force Series™ 3, 120GB                  Western Digital Caviar® Black 2TB
Gainward GeForce GTX 560Ti 2GB PhysX "Phantom"
Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB (2x4GB)
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro                     Logitech Z906 THX Certified Speaker System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
That is true. I have only had it in the drive when I installed Crysis. After that I played Mediaval: Total War II, while downloading the mwll build. Afterwards I tested the install.
And no you are not missing something. I however are still just as confused now as when I found out I had my M:TW II DVD in but was playing Crysis lolz.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
Updated for 0.3.2

If you have never installed MWLL before...
... Install 0.3.0 via the full installation package (requires a clean install, remove any existing /mwll folder first)

Assuming You Already Have 0.3.0 Installed...
... Install 0.3.1 via patch updater
and then
... Install 0.3.2 via patch updater

Assuming You Already Have 0.3.1 Installed...
... Install 0.3.2 via patch updater

The 0.3.2 patch is non-inclusive of the changes in 0.3.1, so those players who are patching up from 0.3.0 (where ya' been under a rock?) will need to install BOTH 0.3.1 and then 0.3.2

From this point forward, you will be able to run the auto-updater client to pull incremental changes as we make them available.