Author Topic: Aerospace Known Issues  (Read 13982 times)

Offline whatever

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-1
  • Has the wisdom of the old man of the mountain.
Re: Aerospace Known Issues
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 10:39:05 AM »
vtols in SA_inferno have a slight odd shaped glitch with the cockpits front window panel lookes like a slight mistake in the modeling.
I was a mechwarrior like you once; until i took a arrow to my mech's knee ...

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 06:07:27 PM »
vtols in SA_inferno have a slight odd shaped glitch with the cockpits front window panel lookes like a slight mistake in the modeling.

The VTOL Model is the same on all maps. And the issue you are referring to is due to the camera being set too far behind and high in the Cockpit, i.e. at the level of the Front Window. The issue has been addressed, thanks for bringing it up again.

Flying a sulla at night with nightvision on CTD's repeatedly whenever i fly straight up on clear cut.

Can this be reproduced consistently and at which height does this happen. Also any information regarding your system setup, which map and/or server would be helpful. Please create a BUG Report in the BUG Report Board.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline Chavez_Ninja

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 07:37:51 PM »
On SA_Sandlbasted when flying a Sulla prime through the red light pointed up from clan pyramid, the screen goes all blueish and out of focus. Flying through again clear it up though.

Mentioned before, but when Sullas crash into Hawkmoths, both vehicles are destroyed, but the Sulla pilot is alive inside the crashing Sulla.

Is this because the Sulla is modeled off the VTOL from Vanilla Crysis, and the Hawkmoth from the helicopter? Vanilla Crysis VTOL could air ram and still live. Staying alive inside a destroyed tank also occurred infrequently in vanilla Crysis.

Offline Scorcher

• Bondsman
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 06:44:45 AM »
In Extremity, i find it extremely frustrating to land correctly. Maybe it is intended this way, but i believe slowly falling to the airstrip shouldnt make my Sulla go BOOM !

Shouldnt lower gravity *help* you land and for that matter shouldnt you take less damage from falling in those conditions ?

Offline Come and See

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +26/-0
  • Thunderbolts, apply directly to the forehead.
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 08:28:10 PM »
If you destroy a wing while in the hangar, repair, and power up you'll be able to fly around with the missing limb. It happens too if you eject just before breaking a wing as well and get back in. It's kind of funny flying around with no right wing.

Offline 76414

• Bondsman
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 04:24:11 PM »
Unsure if this happens to anyone else, but if I fly above 1km on sandblasted in a Shiva (B) then do a fairly tight turn, I'll end up warping all over the place and eventually be killed for going outside the mission area. This is annoying, to say the least.

Offline Come and See

• Star Colonel
  • Thunderbolts, apply directly to the forehead.
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 06:23:11 PM »
Same map if you fly through the beams shooting over the pyramids it bugs out your hud and it stays like that until you die.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 06:54:14 PM »
Its a rare coincidence and its the same issue as with the heatzones on Inferno. The server missed the call from the Player leaving the zone. You need to re-enter the beam.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline Evgen

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 09:53:48 AM »
Problem with VTOL RAC variant since 0.4.3 (or 0.4. earlier versions can't say for sure)

RAC5 gun can jam when you press to shoot it and it starts to spin and fire, then release and press again couple of times. When it jammed it is highlighted in yellow colour and you can't shoot untill you return to the base and purchase ammo. If you have full ammo then there is no way to unjam RAC5 but to purchase new VTOL. It happens quite often.

I do not know if it is intended or not but I never faced with such issue on RAC Bushi mech for example.

Offline LordHack

• Lance Captain
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 01:29:38 AM »
Have you tried powering down, exit, reenter vehicle?  This has fixed that issue on Demo and Bushy for me.

Offline MerfMerf

• Lead Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar, 331st Feral Fangs
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 10:48:00 AM »
I do not know if it is intended or not but I never faced with such issue on RAC Bushi mech for example.

Same thing can happen on the bushwacker. It seems to be a RAC issue. Perhaps RAC5 only?

/Merf - Usually makes sure to fire a few rounds on each clip so as to be able to unjam by reloading at base

Offline Evgen

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 02:37:50 PM »
Have you tried powering down, exit, reenter vehicle?  This has fixed that issue on Demo and Bushy for me.

I tried everything. If it jams and you can resupply ammo then it helps. Otherwise only sell and buy new VTOL.
I never had this on bushy but if you confirm this then it is rather RAC problem and not VTOL.

Offline ELH_Vivicector

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +49/-4
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 08:50:18 AM »
Just wanted to state known landing bugs again and probably get some info on will they be solved.

1) Sulla.
Explosion on the landing, when you hit the ground. Probably, if your rear wheels lag through the ground and weapons touch it. Higher ping - higher chance.

2) Shiva.
After the landing ASF start to stagger (or wave, how is it called?) up down, then exploding or killing only the pilot inside. After the pilot's death Shiva disappears. Rare, totally random. But I have read about someone here having this bug too.

Offline Cravitus

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-1
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 08:45:05 AM »
1) Sulla.
Explosion on the landing, when you hit the ground. Probably, if your rear wheels lag through the ground and weapons touch it. Higher ping - higher chance.

Doesn't that happen for lots of Aerospace?

Anyways, a few odd occurences.

1. When flying around on.... Darn, forget the map.... That one that said it would test your sanity, or something, I randomly exploded a few times while flying, heat down, far from any obstacles or missles. Or turrets. Also, as a side note, has anyone else had the glitch where you randomly died while walking, and respawn with -700 points than what you had earlier?
What does THIS button do?

Offline ELH_Vivicector

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +49/-4
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 03:58:18 PM »
Doesn't that happen for lots of Aerospace?
Only with Sulla usually. Shiva has other bug and Sparrowhawk... behaves good on a rare ocasions when you are damaged but alive in it.

I randomly exploded a few times while flying, heat down, far from any obstacles or missles.
Probably it was some fapping Shiva E noob that one-shoted you. Or damage indicators gone bugged and you got no damage warnings from fire.

P.S.
where you randomly died while walking, and respawn with -700 points than what you had earlier?
Yes. Very rare and VERY frustrating!