Author Topic: Mech Known Issues  (Read 16388 times)

Offline Spyro

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-3
Mech Known Issues
« on: December 26, 2009, 11:44:49 PM »
- View legs before torso when approaching a mech from a ways away (created by view distance)
- Gets stuck on rocks or some "small" pieces of geometry
- Shutdown sound played twice upon user shutdown (may happen on overheat shutdown to) (doesn't happen all the time)
- Atlas E can at times NARC itself if the NARC is fired with the torso tilted forward and in an angle of 45 degree to the side.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 01:20:02 AM by (TLL)KitLightning »

Offline =CJW= Zweistein000 (W)

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +222/-72
  • Trial of position ended; Rank: Warrior
    • Urbie Defense By (TLL)CapperDeluxe
Re: Mech Known Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 12:15:05 AM »
also you cant reconfig your vehicles yet. When can we expect this anyway. This is a mayor thing. 

other that that Great work guys, but do you really need a crysis account 2 play online :( i have some issues and cant register. still w8ting for replay from crynet tho
Vote Bill for multidimentional sex warlock 2013.

Quote from: Bin Fish link=http://cjw.dyndns.biz/forum/profile.php?10,12
Don't sniff anything Bill gives you and never find yourself alone with HAARP

Offline JayCooper

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 01:47:20 AM »
When you are crashing to the wall or something you mech is kinda going thru it and stops only after this.
Also there are many situations when your mech stock into something (rock, wall, etc) and you can't move at all.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 01:48:58 AM »
This is a known issue related to the mech's current collision model. Its rather complicated but is something that will be preserved in the future.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline Felix

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 08:49:21 AM »
Edit: Wrong Forum
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 06:59:41 PM by Felix »

Offline Delsin

• Bondsman
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2009, 10:24:42 AM »
In one match I had a very unusual collision problem. I had grabbed a mech, shadowcat I think, and was walking out of the hangar. Smack. Right into an invisible wall. Backed up, got up to 70kph, hit it again. Tried going at angle, reverse, etc. Finally ejected through the building, landed on the roof, hopped down and grabbed my mech. Seemed to work fine after. Not sure if its related, but I was having a fall through issue as BA, falling through the stairwells in the base.
I had a dream, a dream of a white Victor. It strode over the tundra like a god of old. And then it spoke...and I freaked out.

Offline PhoenixRisen

• Bondsman
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2009, 11:16:24 AM »
nvm

Offline Ozo

• Bondsman
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 12:00:25 PM »
In one match I had a very unusual collision problem. I had grabbed a mech, shadowcat I think, and was walking out of the hangar. Smack. Right into an invisible wall. Backed up, got up to 70kph, hit it again. Tried going at angle, reverse, etc. Finally ejected through the building, landed on the roof, hopped down and grabbed my mech. Seemed to work fine after. Not sure if its related, but I was having a fall through issue as BA, falling through the stairwells in the base.

Exact same thing happend to me, only with an awesome isntead of an scat

Offline Criminal

• Founder Wandering Samurai
  • Upgraded Lead
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-3
    • MechWarrior: Living Legends
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 04:53:40 PM »
We have a serious bug that has been VERY hard to sqaush with the physics on the mechhangers in particular. There is something happening that causes a local client to lose most of the physics on the mechhanger and then is able to fall through it or jump up and land on the roof. Its a strange and very annoying bug but we do know about it and are really trying to get it fixed for beta 2.

Offline XBLACKFIREX

• Recruit
  • Lets Start this mess, I got dinner waiting!
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 07:01:32 PM »
See I have no issues with the Mechhanger at all, However my mech runs though other mechs all the time like they aren't there. Also My mech cant stomp down chainlink fences at base? Some will fall others I charged head on an Nothing. tested on inferno. Seems the Fence guarding high drops doesn't break could be done on purpose. I also get a lost of jumping play when doing down steep angels in a mech.
Im not bitter I just dont like you Micro$oft!

Play Tribes 2 now for FREE! http://www.tribesnext.com/. Download, install, update and, pass time till MWLL!

Offline Draks

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-1
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 06:41:21 AM »
I've never had the said issue happen with the hangar however sometimes when I'm in the hangar my hud will begin to flicker and my fps will slow to a crawl.  I can fix it by minimizing then maximizing my game.

Offline Rockstone

• Lance Sergeant
  • General of The Davion Heavy brigade
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »
I've never had the said issue happen with the hangar however sometimes when I'm in the hangar my hud will begin to flicker and my fps will slow to a crawl.  I can fix it by minimizing then maximizing my game.

Are you running a video card from the GTX 200 series?
I do not have any emotions, only an emotion processor.

"You fool- you are recalibrating the Holovid just to please me"

"When you are faced with a fight like that, it is best to dodge AWAY from the shot, not into it."

Play Tribes 2 now for FREE! http://www.tribesnext.com/.

Offline Secluse

• Bondsman
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 08:37:44 PM »

I am and I have the exact same problem.  In hanger, especially on the forest stage, is almost a slideshow.  The moment I exit the hanger, my FPS is a solid 60+

Offline Draks

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-1
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 09:40:55 PM »

I'm running a Geforce 8800 GT.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +85/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 09:54:33 PM »
Probably not the correct thread, but as it happened while i was in a mech, i figure here is as good as anywhere else . .
I managed to get through the Hangar-Wall. How? Like this.
I maneuvred my Mech into a repair-bay and then i exited from the Mech.
And i spawned outside of the Hangar on the other side of the wall, without being able to see the Mech at all.
Granted, i MIGHT have been going a bit too fast and i MIGHT have collided rather harshly with the wall . . but still ^^
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64