Author Topic: Mech Known Issues  (Read 16777 times)

Offline WKMitchell

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: Mech Known Issues
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 07:22:54 AM »
Getting a crash bug that only seems to happen in mechs if another mech hugs me and then gets blown up, and that does enough damage to kill me crash to desktop no warning just game is gone.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +85/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 01:09:12 PM »
It's not a Bug, it's a feature! *snickers* ^^
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline XBLACKFIREX

• Recruit
  • Lets Start this mess, I got dinner waiting!
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 04:11:25 PM »
Maddog/Vulture Has bad texture on his missle packs, doesnt even look like missile packs whatever it is showing, Im on Medium settings. Also Would be nice to save weapons grouping per mech so we dont have to keep reasigning the damn things please! Keep seeing mechs in the Hanger spawn with top at its feet an one time even able to board the mech Madcat MK2 before it fixed, had to get out again then it worked.

Almost forgot, the Mech damage sometimes doesnt appear for me, I see it most of the time but Vulture for sure When I get in its never there I have to power down then back up to get it to show.

Personal thought: Timberwolf and Vulture both Over heat like hell. Im not sure it was THAT bad in other games...
Im not bitter I just dont like you Micro$oft!

Play Tribes 2 now for FREE! http://www.tribesnext.com/. Download, install, update and, pass time till MWLL!

Offline Thundertrod

• Bondsman
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 06:38:48 PM »
Probbly a left over from crysis but some time when kill a mech the burst apart with a blood spalter.

Offline Slayer

• Bondsman
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 01:37:19 AM »
Probbly a left over from crysis but some time when kill a mech the burst apart with a blood spalter.

Thats when you shoot the cockpit and kill the driver his guts explode out. Not a bug but a feature.

Offline Draks

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-1
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 11:24:41 AM »
Sometimes when you repair at the hangar with a damaged leg it does not restore the throttle back to its maximum potential.

Offline XBLACKFIREX

• Recruit
  • Lets Start this mess, I got dinner waiting!
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 05:29:24 PM »
I had an issue where a mech Madcat, couldn't walk into the repairbay. I watched a guy walk up the ramp on inferno Clan hanger his mech would get to the line where the ramp an hanger met an get stuck. His mech legs would sag down into the floor, to about the top of its shin. He tried for like 15 mins to get it in, finally he got out an another player was able to walk the mech inside the hanger still sink in the ground. When he got back in he couldn't walk into the mech repair bay. But then when I tried for him neither could I, that may have just been because We were sunken in the ground.

Also I tested the Vulture mech missile textures which are messed up. On medium textures they are a blurry mess, on high they look normal.
Im not bitter I just dont like you Micro$oft!

Play Tribes 2 now for FREE! http://www.tribesnext.com/. Download, install, update and, pass time till MWLL!

Offline yacoub

• Bondsman
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 05:41:16 PM »
Mech doesn't want to turn left/right when standing still (may be related to joystick configuration?).

Center Torso button works backwards: Should bring the legs to the compass heading of the torso. Presently, it moves your torso to the direction of the legs. This seems possibly related to the above item. In both cases, when the mech is standing still, it should be able to change direction by moving its legs.

Offline timeninja

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 05:37:46 AM »
***Stuck in hangar possible workaround***

I get this alot, and its always once i finally afford an Atlas.  What usually works for me is walk to the invisible wall at the opening, and then eject, or powerdown and leave.  Doing this causes the mech to move its legs in such a way that it will usually "force" a leg over the clipping error, and then when you get in the mech and power up, it drags the other leg over it as well, allowing you to move.  This works about...90% of the time for me.  Sometimes i have to be moving when i eject, sometimes i have to be standing still.  If worse comes to worse, just start buying hovercraft.

Offline Haunted

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +13/-1
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 07:02:39 AM »
***Stuck in hangar possible workaround***

I get this alot, and its always once i finally afford an Atlas.  What usually works for me is walk to the invisible wall at the opening, and then eject, or powerdown and leave.  Doing this causes the mech to move its legs in such a way that it will usually "force" a leg over the clipping error, and then when you get in the mech and power up, it drags the other leg over it as well, allowing you to move.  This works about...90% of the time for me.  Sometimes i have to be moving when i eject, sometimes i have to be standing still.  If worse comes to worse, just start buying hovercraft.

Nice... have to try that.

If your mechs legs are below bay level... you can also walk throu the back wall where the mech was build...

Offline SaintBane

• Bondsman
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 12:12:33 AM »
In one match I had a very unusual collision problem. I had grabbed a mech, shadowcat I think, and was walking out of the hangar. Smack. Right into an invisible wall. Backed up, got up to 70kph, hit it again. Tried going at angle, reverse, etc. Finally ejected through the building, landed on the roof, hopped down and grabbed my mech. Seemed to work fine after. Not sure if its related, but I was having a fall through issue as BA, falling through the stairwells in the base.

Same thing happened to me in a Vulture, turns out the feet glitched out to under the floor, and was getting stuck on the lip that ramp makes. Ejecting fixed it for me as well.

Offline Comradejim

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 09:55:07 PM »
I've noticed a problem, I don't know if its just my internet or the other players but the Hollender mech seems to warp when ever I encounter it, when other mechs were not warping. I looked at the players ping but it was below 100 so is it a bug?

Offline Haunted

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +13/-1
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 08:29:59 AM »
In one match I had a very unusual collision problem. I had grabbed a mech, shadowcat I think, and was walking out of the hangar. Smack. Right into an invisible wall. Backed up, got up to 70kph, hit it again. Tried going at angle, reverse, etc. Finally ejected through the building, landed on the roof, hopped down and grabbed my mech. Seemed to work fine after. Not sure if its related, but I was having a fall through issue as BA, falling through the stairwells in the base.

Same thing happened to me in a Vulture, turns out the feet glitched out to under the floor, and was getting stuck on the lip that ramp makes. Ejecting fixed it for me as well.

That happens always when i was falling through the floor after spawn. The mechs feet are then below floor level, too. Workaround in a shadowcat: jumpjets.
All non jumpjet mechs..... try not to leave the mech bay the normal way. After entering the mech move backwards through the wall. You will clip right through it (of course this would not be a good idea if you bay is underground).

Offline (TLL)BlueOrb

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-0
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 04:12:25 PM »
I've noticed a problem, I don't know if its just my internet or the other players but the Hollender mech seems to warp when ever I encounter it, when other mechs were not warping. I looked at the players ping but it was below 100 so is it a bug?

Ive noticed this to ......the smaller faster mechs are warping......over half of a circle of death at a time in almost every game. When facing off against a shadowcat it can be half a click away in one warp.

“The wise man lets many things pass without being duped.”

Offline whatever

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-1
  • Has the wisdom of the old man of the mountain.
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 12:19:19 AM »
after the 0.1.0 patch guass ammo was doubled per ton. there is one problem, the amounts listed for guass weapons "in the magazine" are still the amounts before the patch.
I was a mechwarrior like you once; until i took a arrow to my mech's knee ...