Author Topic: Tracked Vehicles Issues  (Read 11444 times)

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
Tracked Vehicles Issues
« on: December 27, 2009, 12:17:36 AM »
- Tanks gets stuck easy on unpolished surface geometry, e.g. triangulated areas. (Known Crysis issue)
- Tanks flip easily on uneven terrain or from collision. (Known Crysis issue)
- Tanks cannot use reverse steering.
- Tanks suffer from Instant Brake ability. The function does not work as intended instead the Tank will only loose momentum slowly.
- Some Clients may suffer from being unable to purchase via the APC, if this occurs please use the Autobuy function using the period-key (.) when the asset is as close as possible to the BuyArea. Optionally re-enter the Buy area again.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:29:22 AM by (TLL)KitLightning »

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline wonderboy2402

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
  • Callsign Raghnall
Re: Tracked Vehicles Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 05:37:15 PM »
I noticed on occasions my ground vehicle would sometimes accelerate at max speed with no turning control or ability to stop. Usually would occur for a duration of a few seconds only... but it happened about 3 times in one evening.

It may fall beneath one of the geometry or braking categories though.

Offline Fedrat#1

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 11:26:21 PM »
Updated
"An odd thing that happened to me on marsh. My tank shot forward very fast while going underwater, like it was hit from behind. It was faster than the thing can go normally."

What it is and it happen a few more times before I recognized it from crysis.
It happens when you try to turn on uneven surfaces, some times. Last was on inferno. I was facing down hill and went to turn right by pressing D.
It made the tank shoot forward really fast. I use unable to stop the tank, I call pokey and it rolled of the cliff in to the lava. :(
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 07:15:54 PM by Fedrat#1 »

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +181/-2
  • RIP AND TEAR
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 12:26:13 AM »
Harassers tend to get stuck floating at an angle if you try to enter the water from an angle much more than 15 degrees, even less if you enter the water at an angle. The only way to get them moving again seems to be to ram them with another vehicle or wait until it slowly drifts back to land.
"Concentrate on the moment, each moment is its own reality. It has a particular thisness. You can't predict, but you can explain. Or try. If you are observant, and lucky, you can say, this is why this is happening! It's very interesting!"

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +85/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 01:15:03 AM »
Also something i noticed:
sometimes, not matter what you do, you can not get a tank to go at maximum speed again.
not even exiting and entering another vehicle will make the original tank go faster again.
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Draks

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-1
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 06:37:56 AM »
Harassers tend to get stuck floating at an angle if you try to enter the water from an angle much more than 15 degrees, even less if you enter the water at an angle. The only way to get them moving again seems to be to ram them with another vehicle or wait until it slowly drifts back to land.

There is another bug with the Harasser where you completely lose control (directional and throttle keys have no effect) and it kind of just sits there bouncing - I've had this happen twice.

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 08:16:13 AM »
sometimes, not matter what you do, you can not get a tank to go at maximum speed again.
not even exiting and entering another vehicle will make the original tank go faster again.

Is the engine broken? If you are damaged it wont be able to go full speed again.
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...

Offline Thundertrod

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 05:57:07 PM »
I was having trobbel with my tanks taking off and moving on there owen mostly this was cuased by the Z-axis of my joystick. I disabled it in actionmap.
and have found my tank much better behaved

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 09:50:39 PM »

Is the engine broken? If you are damaged it wont be able to go full speed again.
Well, depends . . did you meanie-heads include through armor criticals? O.o
Armor was above 90 in all sections in most cases.
Also, if the Engine is broken, does that get fixed with repairing at the Fail-Bay?(i love it when the voice says that ^^)
Because it did not go faster afterwards, but my armor was repaired.

Furthermore: is it a wanted feature that vehicles slow down to allmost standing still after doing a jump?
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Win7Ultimate64

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »
Well, depends . . did you meanie-heads include through armor criticals? O.o
:-X

Also, if the Engine is broken, does that get fixed with repairing at the Fail-Bay?(i love it when the voice says that ^^)
Because it did not go faster afterwards, but my armor was repaired.

It should afaik!

Furthermore: is it a wanted feature that vehicles slow down to allmost standing still after doing a jump?

Yes. It more or less can be compared with the hydraulics and myomer kicking in after being pressed down by +30 tons and the engine and legs picking up the speed afterwards. The 'Mechs were not meant to jump around as in MW2 however cool that was.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 11:12:14 PM »
Okay, thank you for your quick answer. Even though i primarly meant vehicles, as i am, somehow, not a big fan of battlemechs in this game . . i dunno why, but i have way more fun with the vehicles, even if i get killed allmost non stop ^^
Win7Ultimate64

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 11:24:21 PM »
The Vehicles loose momentum from being airborne! The tracks need to grip on the surface again after such stunts. Sorry if I misread it.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 11:38:45 PM »
Well, i probably have different expectations due to having friends in literally any field of the german military and tanks don't suddenly stop after jumping . .
And they have never done so in MW either ^^
It's your game after all, i was just wondering about this.
Especially the Hover-Crafts lose out a mighty bit in this regard in my not so humble opinion, as they rely on their speed and terrain to keep themselves alive . .
Jumping over that small hill to get out of line of fire does not help much if the mech can reach the hill top before you can blast off again <.<
Win7Ultimate64

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 02:16:42 AM »
I think we are on the same page regarding how a Tank should feel and how mobile it actually is on the field! Sadly this asset has not been brushed much but I hope it will in the future.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 05:37:31 AM »
*shrugs*
eh, i'll deal.
i seem to be one of the better tankers out there allready somehow . .
or maybe i just play on servers with people who don't care much about them ^^
Win7Ultimate64