Author Topic: Tracked Vehicles Issues  (Read 11436 times)

Offline WKMitchell

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: Tracked Vehicles Issues
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 07:19:48 AM »
I noticed atleast with the Hippo (Hitzul how ever you spell it) with 4x LPL I can shoot the ground and not over heat for a few shots back to back if I shoot into the air and dont hit anything I immediately overheat(As in spike right to the top of the gauge from full cold) and go from 100% armor all round to around 40% after waking up from shutdown.

Offline Guardi4n

• Recruit
  • 9 little battlemechs tempting fate, 1 blew a fuse.
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 09:36:30 AM »
I must say, on extremity ive been known to upsidedown my tank....

BUT

YES

I can rightmyself back up....dont ask...but ive done it many times........Turtle power!!!

Not really realistic, if both treads are off the ground, but.....im not complaining. You do get damaged though....pretty medium damage overall....but atleast you can join back in the fight.
previously known as [KH]Guardian,
a merc without a home

Offline Thundertrod

• Bondsman
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 05:31:28 PM »
The 4 ac5 partisan is rather amusing you don't get many kills but it sure does get you promoted fast.
The LBX5 partisan has some killing power

Offline BlackFlame81

• Bondsman
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 09:30:46 PM »
The Harrassers hover sound is lagging my Game like Hell.
If i move its lagging.
Standing still everything is fine.
My Soundcard is a SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio.

Offline Askis

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-5
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 03:42:46 AM »
The 4 ac5 partisan is rather amusing you don't get many kills but it sure does get you promoted fast.

Aim for the cockpit => Easy kills ;)

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +85/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 01:19:18 PM »
switch to chain fire and have a ball.
only thing more evil in output is the prime hutzli with the 4 clan ultra 2 and the 2 clan ultra 5 ^^
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Thoman Coston

• Recruit
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 07:00:51 PM »
- Tanks suffer from Instant Brake ability. The function does not work as intended instead the Tank will only loose momentum slowly.

For me brake does not work at all. When I press x when driving  a mech, the mech throttle drops to 0.
On a tank, no effect at all.

DS_Thoman Coston (VL/SL/TWL) retired
BHC_Thoman Coston (VL/BZ) retired
MHxThoman (NBTM) - retired
(CSA) Hor`Samehito (NBT-HC) -retired

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 02:15:32 PM »
The forward motion of the Tanks decreases slower than on the 'Mech. Also this is prolonged if you drive downwards. And yeah its quite the opposite in RL!

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline hoboknight

• Bondsman
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2010, 10:14:15 PM »
The Huit Tanks do not have a MASC in their description, and thus do not gain a speed boost in anyway from hitting left shift. However, If it's pressed, they still heat up as if they did have the MASC on.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +85/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 10:21:01 PM »
Is it just me, or does the usual reverse button basically make a tank stop instantly?
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Arghy

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-4
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 04:53:35 AM »
Not sure if its planned or not but the tanks have horrible vertical transversal, i wasnet able to track airborne targets at all in the partisan because they kept either flying to low(was on a hill) or to high. If it was intended can we make an emergency re-design on the partisan? placing its turrets on top of its turret inside of inside it would allow for a dramatic increase in transversal with the added bonus of it being realistic!

Offline matty^

• Recruit
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 04:54:27 PM »
tanks roll down a hill when you stop it. no hand brake? thats pretty annoying

Offline Noti

• Bondsman
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 09:33:40 PM »
tanks roll down a hill when you stop it. no hand brake? thats pretty annoying

"x" schould be the handbreak

Offline sleet01

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 10:29:05 PM »
Any plans to fix the tanks?  As is they are basically unplayable and most useful as mobile sniping turrets.
As an ex-tanker, I find the following problem most heinous:
1) No steering while coasting - tanks use differential braking so they can steer even while coasting or rolling; this does not work in MWLL.

The slow throttle response is also an issue, but I could forgive that if steering response was better.

Offline Arghy

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +21/-4
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2010, 10:47:42 PM »
The speed boost bug is still there and its actually changed the key combo heh i knew how to trigger and control it before but last night i had an uncontrollable forward boost that i could not stop in my oro on extremity. It was kind of hilarious because i was trying to shoot a demolisher and he was trying to shoot me but i took off at something like 400kph straight over this massive hill and kept going when i hit the ground before getting thankfully killed by LRM's. I was stopping then using L shift to get moving again to try and throw off the demolishers aim but then i just started flying and hitting X would do nothing.

I dont think it was a bug but rather the low gravity messing with the boost bug causeing me to lift off the ground like a wing then catch the ground with my fast spinning tracks.