Author Topic: Pro Tips Thread  (Read 68560 times)

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
Re: Pro Tips Thread
« Reply #225 on: August 03, 2012, 03:40:07 AM »
In CJW we hold beauty pageants, this generally means I get my own way as I look stunning in a bikini.

Offline DFDelta

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +145/-1
  • Wiki Staff
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2012, 03:49:20 AM »
As I somehow imagine you to look like that screaming bearded man you had in you sig for so long... that is quite a frightening thought...  :P
Join the MWLL wiki today, your contributions will make the wiki a better place.

In Lyran Commonwealth, Atlas scouts you.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #227 on: August 04, 2012, 03:59:23 AM »
I dont' even remember that one, haha

Offline b0bgeld0f

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-2
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2012, 11:46:10 AM »
(TLL)KitLightning's idea, slightly modified....

using the action mapper, make your mouse wheel forward 100% throttle and backward 30% throttle...
its so handy for brawling.. and for dog fights... and for landings... and for hovercraft cruise control.... and vtol's...
thanks Kit!! :D

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2013, 05:21:04 AM »
Already use mousewheel forward and backward for next enemy and previous enemy.
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #230 on: January 30, 2013, 07:55:51 AM »
Change interact from F to F1 to avoid accidently ejections, then change grenade from G to F that way switch target. (which is G) doesn't interfere with grenade tossing for BA)
As a old halo player my  intereact key is E and  3 actually changes my grenade type but that's because i use G,H,J,V for  firing weapons in aerospace and vtol.

request for a tip, how can I use the fire bombs correctly? I have no idea how I can hit a mech/tank (even did a 90 degree bomb-run on a mech, released the fire bombs and nothing happened.

Firebombs retain the momentum of the vehicle from which they are launched, but as you'd expect they fall with gravity.  They are a bit tricky to get the hang of, but the easiest way to get up to speed with them is to do diving salvos against ground targets, coming down on them nearly vertically.  Release your firebombs just prior to pulling out of your dive.  If you time it right, the bombs will "continue on their way" into the target.  If a target is moving, you will need to compensate by placing your bombs slightly in front of [its] current position.

I find firebombs very hard to use on Extremity (tend not to use them on that map, actually) since gravity doesn't work in your favour.

The other way to use firebombs is to skim the ground at about 30m and release your bombs as your target is masked by the nosecone of your aerospace and then pull an immediate bank & pull-up to get out of the blast zone.  This tends to place the bombs firmly in somebody's lap.  You'll know you've hit if you hear the "thud" of the Crysis hit indicator, with Light 'Mechs you usually will see them die...   ;D
I find it works well if you dive bomb your targets pulling up to avoid the top of your target or a hill.

Point the nose down  a little so your reticule faces your target then when you get close say 200M let the bombs go it should hit them if not destroy them 
I have been able to drop a fbomb on the head of a mech and cored it ,but that was once XD.

Make sure to pull up before the bombs hit or you'll be caught in the splash, though if you can survive til the runway you could shutdown to repair.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:14:36 AM by Alexis Kerensky »
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.