Author Topic: HOW TO: Getting MWLL into the Editor  (Read 15219 times)

Offline Inous

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
HOW TO: Getting MWLL into the Editor
« on: December 28, 2009, 09:47:38 PM »
I'm seeing a few threads on the forums and I've addressed a couple, but I figured I would make this thread so all can learn how to get a mech in the editor. I'm also assuming that those that want to do this also have some basic working knowledge of the editor.

Ok So, First Things First!

**** Getting MWLL in the Editor ****

Navigate to your crysis folder, find the Editor.exe right click, send to > desktop, once its on the desktop right click the icon and hit properties. Go to the target Line and after the text type " -mod mwll". Click OK and close the properties window. Clicking the icon will now launch the editor using the mwll mod.  So it should look similar to this "....\Editor.exe" -mod mwll"

**** Dropping A Mech Down ****

You can place mechs down by navigating to the Entities folder in the Rollup bar to the right, placing the entity where you like, then select the entity again, on the side bar look for Modification, you can type either "prime" "a" "b" or "c" (for the different loadouts) then hit enter. Once you've done that you navigate to "Tools" on top window menu, and hit "Reload Scripts" VIOLA! You have a mech! Enjoy!

WARNING
Dropping Mechs down on the map will not allow you to enter the map on multiplayer. Once in game, you have to buy the mechs, you cant pre place your mechs before playing. It will not work this way

If your a visual learner, here's a Image made by MrLawBreaker - Thanks!

« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 08:51:25 PM by Inous »

Offline JWFokker

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: HOW TO: Getting MWLL into the Editor
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 10:25:12 PM »
Just a heads up to people about to try this, the AI in singleplayer Crysis won't recognize you with the mod. You can stomp around in a mech all you like, but they don't fire back at you and your weapons won't kill them. You can blow some stuff up, but that's about it.

Offline Inous

• Lance Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 08:32:32 PM »
added picture from Mrlawbreaker

Offline MrLawbreaker

• Bondsman
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 08:49:18 PM »
**** Getting MWLL in the Editor ****

Navigate to your crysis folder, find the Editor.exe right click, send to > desktop, once its on the desktop right click the icon and hit properties. Go to the target Line and after the text type " - mod mwll". Click OK and close the properties window. Clicking the icon will now launch the editor using the mwll mod.  So it should look similar to this "....\Editor.exe" - mod mwll"

Red part:
between minus (-) and mod there shouldn't be a space. So it schould look like this: "-mod mwll"
With the space it doesn't load the mod.

Offline Inous

• Lance Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 08:50:50 PM »
Ah thank you! good catch Lawbreaker

Offline MkT_NosTraDomus

• Bondsman
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 10:49:13 PM »
How to Extract .PAK files aka .ZIP (pak was or is used by the old Quake Games..)

To add any OTHER objects...vehicles..weapons...even the hidden ones...

just rename any of the  *.pak files to *.zip i.e.  objects.pak  ----> objects.zip

then unzip it. and stick in the game\editor\objects...etc

then in the editor..
just click prefabs, and make from selection, and click LOAD and search for anything in there.

pak .pak zip .zip extract editor add objects

MKT, House Of Davion

Offline Elisor

• Bondsman
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 10:29:55 PM »
Threads like this are one of the reasons I asked for a sepeate map making board.....

Another tip: to make a spawn point for MWLL do the following (assuming you've got a basic map):

1.  Open Database view.
2.  Click on the prefabs tab.
3.  Open the mwll_assetts.xml library.
4.  Click on MechHanger
5.  Drag the type of MechHanger you want onto the map.

That will set a spawn point per mechhanger.

You should also set a spectator point by going to Rollup bar, select Objects panel, click on entity, click Multiplayer, drag and drop a SpectatorPoint onto the map where you want it.

There a good, albeit short, multiplayer tut here for Crysis: http://www.crymod.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1509

I'll post more in the morning when I have time.

Offline ArchangelMKII

• Bondsman
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 12:02:02 AM »
For some reason I always have this problem, I type in -mod mwll" at the end of the target line exactly as you told me to, and it says theres a problem with the shortcut, the name in the target box is not valid, and to make sure the path and file names are correct. this happens to all of my games when i try to force dx9, i put the -dx9 on the end and it says the same thing.

thanks

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 04:39:16 PM »
For some reason I always have this problem, I type in -mod mwll" at the end of the target line exactly as you told me to, and it says theres a problem with the shortcut, the name in the target box is not valid, and to make sure the path and file names are correct. this happens to all of my games when i try to force dx9, i put the -dx9 on the end and it says the same thing.

thanks

Try adding the -mod mwll and -dx9 AFTER the "  -  if you path has spaces in it you have to have the pathing to the exe inside quotations and the arguments outside the quotations. That should fix it for you.
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...

Offline Blanko

• Bondsman
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 08:00:02 AM »
NICE!

I see all of the prefabs are already in place, which is awsome as well.

I couldn't seem to buy mechs in the editor, though. I'm wondering if this would change if it was launched in game with SA added to the .xml file. Basically, I would like to know if it takes any configuration of the prefabs and entities to get a map going, or if it can all be done by adding prefabs and stuff.

Offline Inous

• Lance Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »

thanks

Like seraph had said make sure you have a space after the Editor.exe so it looks something like this. "...\Crysis\Bin32\Editor.exe" -mod mwll

make sure that is in the target line

Offline Teafour

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-0
  • <He who walks within the rows>
    • 1st Federated Suns Armored Calvary
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 02:33:02 AM »
Thank you all VERY much for starting this thread. I am new to Sandbox myself although I've done editing for other games. Starting to get the feel of the regular editing for Crysis but wasn't sure how to go into it for MWLL yet. Looking forward to putting some stuff out on this to help the community in the future.
Col.Teafour<1FSAC/AFFS>RCO_HG

Offline A_Roldan

• Bondsman
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 02:40:36 PM »
I can't find the "editor.exe".  I bought my Crysis from "Direct 2 Drive" (direct2drive.com).  Does it only come with certain versions of Crysis or am I looking in all the wrong places?

Thanks.

~Angel

Offline 7.[WD]Poldi

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +27/-0
  • Col. 7th Reg. Wolfs Dragoons
    • 7th Wolf Dragoons HQ
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 04:48:14 AM »
didn't see this before - nice! move to community created content section maybe...?

Offline Killer-Bee

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-5
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 11:43:36 AM »
this post by AlienMind should be made sticky and put on top
http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/forum/index.php/topic,7121.msg102869.html#msg102869
helps starters a lot and is nicely summarized
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 09:19:36 PM by Killer-Bee »
Add a better camper weapon to stop camping.... i still dont get it.