Author Topic: HOW TO: Getting MWLL into the Editor  (Read 15625 times)

Offline (Wilson)

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +60/-0
  • The Man
Re: HOW TO: Getting MWLL into the Editor
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2010, 09:24:52 AM »
The vanilla sandbox will work for levels made to play on wars, but there is a seperate Wars editor. You download it as a part of the CrysisWarsModSDK_Tools package. If you have wars installed when you install that package it will install the wars editor for you.

To start it, you do exactly the same as you do for vanilla sandbox editor, substituting "\Crysis Wars\" into the path inplace of "\Crysis\" in your shortcut, adding "-mod MWLL" to the shortcut target field

To work on maps for wars, using the vanilla editor, you can move the MWLL folder from your wars install over to vanilla install, swap DLL's from bin32crysis into bin32 and start the editor to work on maps if you cannot download/access the wars editor. Then move the MWLL folder back, swap mwll.dll from bin32wars into bin32 and test your level in wars like normal(substitute bin64 etc if using 64bit versions).

There is also a slight issue at the moment where the community Beta has a slightly out of date "mwll_assets.xml" prefab library. This library is missing repair bay prefabs and a has an older mechhanger prefab that doesnt include the new solids that address the falling through hanger bug. We will fix this in a future patch, and get the community an up-to-date prefab library.
"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment that which they cannot anticipate"
- Attributed to Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Offline ~SJ~Azov

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-0
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2010, 10:41:15 AM »
ok thanks for the info. I unfortunately don't have my wars disk so I guess I'll be doing to some transfers. Is the old mech hanger going to present any issues? Will all the new assets be available in the hanger?

[~Pytak@cute.fluffyfurries.com] has joined the room

Offline (Wilson)

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +60/-0
  • The Man
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2010, 10:51:20 AM »
the factory and entity setup inside the prefab is the same, the only difference as far as mechhangers are concerned is that it doesnt contain the extra solids.

The new library has solids that surround all the spawn area tunnels, railings, computer screens etc.. but functionally, they are identical.
"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment that which they cannot anticipate"
- Attributed to Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Offline ~SJ~Azov

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-0
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2011, 07:10:22 PM »
I am having texture and shadow issues with the Wars Conversion. Any idea? All the textures and shadows are visable in the editor, but when i launch it in Wars, they vanish.

[~Pytak@cute.fluffyfurries.com] has joined the room

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 03:26:53 AM »
Also can someone, in the know, do a little update on this post.  Do I need to install 0.4 for vanilla Crysis in order to use assets in Sanbox.  What, besides backward compatibility, are the advantages for using the vanilla Crysis.  I think I might just use the WarsSDK, if there are no other reasons for using vanilla Crysis.  Bouncing files around is just a pain in the ass.  BTW what does my xml file need to read as for TC?

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2011, 02:08:44 AM »
Is the default Z axis good enough for aero assets?  I moved the Z axis to 1000m.  Do I need to move it higher than that?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:04:09 PM by ~SJ~ Blhurr »
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline Aidan

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-6
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2011, 07:49:50 PM »
Is the default Z axis good enough for aero assets?  I moved the Z axis to 1000m.  Do I need to move it higher than that?

While I am not the authority on this, I do believe KingLEERUK is on record as saying the default ceiling for aircraft is 1500m. Do you have a particular reason to make it lower?

Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz, AMD/ATI HD6990 LCS, Catalyst Control Center V12.8, 6GB Tri-Channel Dram, 640GB HD, 128GB SSD, DirectX 11,  Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Corsair 1200 Watt Power Supply, Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2011, 07:54:08 PM »
I think I may be referring to the height map or how high you can make the terrain.  Is that the same as the ceiling for aircraft?
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline Aidan

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-6
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2011, 07:58:09 PM »
I think I may be referring to the height map or how high you can make the terrain.  Is that the same as the ceiling for aircraft?

Oh ... the maximum terrain height that can be textured is 1024 m. And no, aircraft ceiling is not the same as maximum terrain height.

Intel Core i7 @ 3.50GHz, AMD/ATI HD6990 LCS, Catalyst Control Center V12.8, 6GB Tri-Channel Dram, 640GB HD, 128GB SSD, DirectX 11,  Windows 7 Pro (64 bit), Corsair 1200 Watt Power Supply, Liquid Cooled GPU and CPU.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2011, 02:15:27 PM »
Anyone want to do a HOW TO: Getting Your Map from the Editor into MWLL?  Pretty please!  ;D

Oh nm.  I discovered the beauty of the manual just now.

http://doc.crymod.com/SandboxManual/frames.html?frmname=topic&frmfile=index.html

I'm hoping there are strong similarities between a crysis and MWLL map.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 02:56:17 PM by ~SJ~ Blhurr »

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2011, 12:32:18 PM »
Anyone want to do a HOW TO: Getting Your Map from the Editor into MWLL?  Pretty please!  ;D

Oh nm.  I discovered the beauty of the manual just now.

http://doc.crymod.com/SandboxManual/frames.html?frmname=topic&frmfile=index.html

I'm hoping there are strong similarities between a crysis and MWLL map.

Different thing same procedure :)
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...

Offline Knightcrawler

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +39/-0
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 09:54:31 PM »
Just a heads up to people about to try this, the AI in singleplayer Crysis won't recognize you with the mod. You can stomp around in a mech all you like, but they don't fire back at you and your weapons won't kill them. You can blow some stuff up, but that's about it.

Darn! That'd be pretty awesome. LOL

Offline RDL_Vitos

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +31/-2
  • RDL. Mechwarrior <TAU> (Clan Nova Cat) Heavy Arms
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2012, 04:41:03 PM »
Thanks !
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 04:52:06 PM by RDL_Vitos »