Author Topic: Base Raping on Inferno (Base Raping in General)  (Read 7871 times)

Offline xKamikazex

• Creative Director
  • Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
  • Don't lose your head over MWLL
    • Mech Warrior Living Legends
Base Raping on Inferno (Base Raping in General)
« on: January 03, 2010, 03:38:19 PM »
Yes Inferno is broken ATM with the constant Base Raping. Few reasons for this and we hope to address this with the following fixes.

#1 Bases too close - Bases will be moved on the map to better locations to spread the combat out a bit more

#2 Cluttered bases - Too many objects restricts the movement of the Vehicles try to leave the base. These objects will be removed or become destructible.

#3 No Base Defenses - Calliopes are key at warding base rapers. Turrets will be added to help this.

#4 Out of bound locations in Mech Hangars and Aerospace towers - If enemy Infantry or Vehicles enter these areas they will die within 3 seconds. This will stop the instant spawn rape from within.

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
Re: Base Raping on Inferno (Base Raping in General)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:54:24 PM »
Good ideas all around.
I'm feeling kinda sorry for whoever put that much work into inferno to fill it up with details.
Same for Marshes and sandblasted? O.o
On Sandblasted, you have the thrice damned chain link fences again and on marshes there are no turrets.
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Fedrat#1

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 08:46:57 PM »
Note
IS base on Clearcut seems to be at a disadvantage because of the hills around it. Making it perfect for Missile boating as they leave the walls.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »
Yep that's right Fedrat#1, the IS is at a disadvantaged with the position of the mountain in the centre on SA_Clearcut, and can be easily pushed back tot he base, with no secondary spawn point for 'Mech, it can quickly become a death trap.

SA_Inferno only misses Calliopes to become a perfect map. Not looking at the disadvantage Wheeled assets have on the terrain.

SA_Sandblasted is the opposite of SA_Clearcut, with the heightened area were the IS can stand and bombard all of the inbound CL Players. Also the CL is trapped with an elsewhere cool Hangar below the surface for the 'Mech. The only other paths is around the centre area which will be picked off quickly :P
Optionally the Bases could be located at H8 and A1 respectively and widening the Play area for a more tactical advancement of the troops.

#4 Out of bound locations in Mech Hangars and Aerospace towers...

That I would surely welcome on all Maps in the future ;)

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline (TLL)Sky_walker

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +66/-1
  • Close Range Attack Forces
    • MWLL Wiki
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 10:29:04 AM »
Note
IS base on Clearcut seems to be at a disadvantage because of the hills around it. Making it perfect for Missile boating as they leave the walls.
Confirmed. Died like that yesterday about 2-3 times -_- but it's not being abused yet so it's not major problem.
MWLL Wiki Newsletter: Wiki suffers from spammers and lack of activity - change it now, jump in and contribute with something useful! :D

Proud to be C.R.A.P. inspiration # MWLL Wiki Admin # MWLL Alpha Tester # Dev Team # MWLL Defense Force Mercenary - Battlemech Barracks

Offline Guardi4n

• Recruit
  • 9 little battlemechs tempting fate, 1 blew a fuse.
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 03:09:43 AM »
Nice post Kami.

thnx for the update, nice adjustements :)
previously known as [KH]Guardian,
a merc without a home

Offline Strapped McGee

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 07:48:01 PM »
my two cents... leave all of the details, just make it destructable (if it isn't too much of a hassel).  i believe the attention to detail is what will sets this mod apart from everything else.
It's fumbles... it was always fumbles...

Offline Halli

• Bondsman
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 12:15:22 AM »
Great info here.
I have to keep control of myself to not kick the base rapers after asking them to back away...haha.

Offline haloelite52

• Bondsman
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2010, 12:31:12 AM »
heres a suggestion if its possible then make the base defenses invulnerable  and more of them to make it impossible for camping the base.

Offline [MPB]OM_Sannyasi

• Senior Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-1
  • Settin standards for paid MW:O employees since 08'
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 05:24:27 AM »
big changes in store for inferno :) reason it's so small for game play was because there was horrible performance issues long ago which have since been adressed, next version you all see will play the way it was intended to in the first place :)

the sound issue and the lag issue on this map are due to so much stuff happening in such a small area- i very much doubt that it's the map itself causing it- just the huge scale of chaos- next version will address both of these+much better game flow

I make people earn their checks ;)

Offline KingLeerUK

• Hawkmoth D arise!
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +534/-19
  • Hawmoth "D" Ascendant
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 05:45:21 AM »
heres a suggestion if its possible then make the base defenses invulnerable  and more of them to make it impossible for camping the base.

My only thought there is that having a base defense asset that can't be killed means teams will fall back to their bases and get an immediate and undying assist from their base emplacements that will never allow an attacker to fully press home an advantage.

I see it as entirely possible that a team gets pushed back into their base, their defenses neutralised and forced into choosing the alternate spawn.  That said, I don't see there being enough suppressive power from one team to completely dominate the defenders and base turrets for two bases simultaneously.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 06:14:14 PM by KingLeerUK »
Proud vendor of Soon™, brought to you by the makers of Someday™, Make Me a Ticket™ and Let's Talk About it Later™

Never mistake "the audience" for "the community".

Offline [MPB]OM_Sannyasi

• Senior Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-1
  • Settin standards for paid MW:O employees since 08'
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 07:57:45 AM »
heres a suggestion if its possible then make the base defenses invulnerable  and more of them to make it impossible for camping the base.

My only thought there is that having a base defense asset that can't be killed means teams will fall back to their bases and get an immediate and undying assist from their base emplacements that will never allow an attacker to fully press home an advantage.

I see it as entirely possible that a team gets pushed back into their base, their defenses nuetralised and forced into choosing the alternate spawn.  That said, I don't see there being enough suppressive power from one team to completely dominate the defenders and base turrets for two bases simultaneously.

that's exactly why i didn't put turrets on any of the maps i worked on- but now i'm taking into consideration the huge amount of hard headed people that just don't get it- there are alot of them- when i place the turrets it won't be to defend the area outside the base- i plan on placeing them rightly so that there are at least 3 exits per base for people to choose from without being fired upon and then some terrain cover to give extra options before engaging- and the bases are going to be VERY far apart compared to how they are now- so given travel time and general map setup i have in mind base rape will not be an issue once the new one is ready, it's going to play like a brand new map once it's all said and done, and it's not going to be short range weapons only- it's going to play like i envisioned it in the first place- your going to have to use your head when choosing your next fight ;)

I make people earn their checks ;)

Offline haloelite52

• Bondsman
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 12:08:36 AM »
far enough but what about if the enemy cant go in base with out being killed so they cant camp the hanger like on sandblasted that happened to be.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 02:17:15 PM »
After dying 2-3 times at my spawn I have to agree this needs to be fixed somehow.
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 07:05:16 PM »
As an idea:
Don't try to change the maps, just offer improved maps one can put in too.
so people can chose what version of the map they want on their servers.
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64