Author Topic: Graphical Issues  (Read 12620 times)

Offline GB-72AT Talon

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
  • Don't quote me on this.....
    • GB72nd Assault Trinary
Re: Graphical Issues
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 12:21:09 AM »
- Yellow Graphic with either numbers or letters within. (This is the graphics that are still being processed, nothing to do but wait until the map has completed loading the graphics)

this only happened to me when i had a slower computer, new quad core cpu, 4 gigs fast DDR3 and a 460GTX vid card later and it never happens....it's a system being slow issue

- Terrain changes when getting near it. (This is the LOD (Level Of Detail) being processed and changes according to the distance the Player has to the object.)

- 'Mech appear without a Torso in the distance. (Again part of the LOD is still being processed and changes according to the distance the Player has to the object.)

i still see those happening, like in VTOL at high altitude, top half of mech and other things wont appear until closer....its a game engine thing obviously because i have everything cranked all the way up so it's not because of some CCC gimped CVAR setting, not using CCC, all VERY HIGH

Sure it felt different but so did my wife after the kids were born. A little loose but it still gets me off every time. -- Suspect

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 01:10:31 AM »
So what is better... crysis all high or CCC with all high?

Offline GB-72AT Talon

• Star Colonel
    • GB72nd Assault Trinary
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 01:19:08 AM »
So what is better... crysis all high or CCC with all high?

Good question, define better.  Best looking performance be damned or best performing without giving up quality?  Because I don't know personally and would have to try CCC on its highest settings to see.

Sure it felt different but so did my wife after the kids were born. A little loose but it still gets me off every time. -- Suspect

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 01:27:56 AM »
I have some graphical Problems with DX10 . .
When i use DX10, Player Names and Messages from the cbill transfer menue flash stroboscopically through several colours . .
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 01:46:10 AM »
Better as in better looking...

Offline GB-72AT Talon

• Star Colonel
    • GB72nd Assault Trinary
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 02:04:25 AM »
Better as in better looking...

Have you tried them?  I'm going to try myself and take a few screenshots and see. 

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 09:30:24 AM »
I have some graphical Problems with DX10 . .
When i use DX10, Player Names and Messages from the cbill transfer menue flash stroboscopically through several colours . .

Flush the shader cache until it works. :)
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...

Offline Cravitus

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-1
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 04:41:42 AM »
In either a sulla or a sparrowhawk, the metal dashboard right under the cockpit glass is an odd shade of green. Its just WIERD!

[attachment deleted by admin]
What does THIS button do?

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 04:51:34 AM »
That's no bug, it's currently just missing a nice detailed texture.
<Insert cool content here>

Offline Cravitus

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-1
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 05:04:38 AM »
That's no bug, it's currently just missing a nice detailed texture.

Thank you for clearing that up
What does THIS button do?

Offline KillZone

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2011, 07:18:03 PM »
I've noticed some really weird stuff in Kagoshima.  Aside from these screenshots, when in VTOL, I see flecks of black move across the view...  I don't have these issues on other maps.

The only other noticeable issues are mountain ranges at a distance like on the dessert maps, except Sandblasted.  There's weird polygon freakout.  It's not that big of a deal, but still noticeable enough to detract from the epicness.

Screenshots:
Notice the black around the "steppes".  This goes away the closer you get.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline KillZone

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2011, 07:22:20 PM »
- 'Mech appear without a Torso in the distance. (Again part of the LOD is still being processed and changes according to the distance the Player has to the object.)
the funny thing about that is that i can see the whole mech if i zoom in on it. so the zoom changes the distance somehow?

Zoom changes the LOD. If you zoom in the Mech bumps up from e.g. LOD level 3 to LOD level 2 which draws it properly. That's all the magic ;)

I wish this were true for me.  It doesn't improve my LOD... :(
Maybe it does, and the object is simply too far...
But I do believe if I can see a building across the map, I should be able to see a mech or a tank.  This kinda sucks because if you're hunting for ground targets in the sky, you should be able to see them when you're zoomed, but sometimes the distance is so great, they don't render...

Any way to fix this?  Maybe increacing "e_view_dist_ratio_detail" perhaps?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 07:48:52 PM by KillZone »

Offline rivaltuna

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 11:51:01 AM »
I have no idea how to work computers, but I managed to install the mod and run it, and connect to an online game. No matter what the server is, I have the same problem. If I look in a certain direction, my entire screen has a seizure and I can't see anything. I emptied the shader folder, and it seemed to be a bit better, but I still had the same problem. Any idea what this could be? I could really use some help...

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 06:37:53 PM »
I have no idea how to work computers, but I managed to install the mod and run it, and connect to an online game. No matter what the server is, I have the same problem. If I look in a certain direction, my entire screen has a seizure and I can't see anything. I emptied the shader folder, and it seemed to be a bit better, but I still had the same problem. Any idea what this could be? I could really use some help...

Which map does this occure on? It actally may be that you will need to lower your settings in Crysis Wars or try tweaking the settings via CCC.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline rivaltuna

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 08:07:15 PM »
It happens on all of the maps, actually. Any reccomendations?