Author Topic: Server Authentication Failed (3)  (Read 14239 times)

Offline PyrionFlax

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Server Authentication Failed (3)
« on: January 07, 2010, 02:43:21 PM »
OK I am patched up on Crysis to 1.2.1, I have installed MWLL properly, I have followed the gamespy account stuff to the letter, I log in, I get a list of servers aaaaaaaand....I get this message. No matter which server I try to connect to.

Is this a known issue? I've googled and some people are saying if you have a dodgy copy of Crysis, this is the result, but I have a boxed copy of Crysis and have played on the Crysis MP servers before no problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Offline PyrionFlax

• Bondsman
Re: Server Authentication Failed (3)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 03:21:31 PM »
OK I fixed this. Anyone getting a similar problem, google for Crysis_code.exe which is a tool on your Crysis disc. There are full instructions on the Crysis.net website I believe. If you haven't done a full reinstall the code for your disc is not in your registry.

Offline wardrive

• Bondsman
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 01:42:36 PM »
did what it said used the crysis code and it didnt work(couldnt find it at 1st so i had 2 DL it)
i even went to the registry and input it myself still the same error any1 know what 2 do?

Offline Ragnarock

• Bondsman
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 01:48:19 PM »
I used the crysis_code and i can play Crysis MP, but when i try to play mwll i continue getting this error. Someone has a different solution??

Offline VampiroITA

• Bondsman
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 05:02:55 PM »
Similar problem here.
I can play in a self-made server (and no one seems to join it), but I'm totally unable to join any existing servers at all!
Usual message is "Disconnected from server", even BEFORE I enter it.

Any hints?

Thanks.

Offline shadowkiller

• Lead Level Designer
  • MWLL Developer
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +38/-0
  • Particle Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 10:42:08 PM »
Turn off cheat protection. If any of your core crysis files are modified then that will trigger it as well. Best way tyo make sure is to reinstall crysis.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Angry coffee table flip attack!

Offline VampiroITA

• Bondsman
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 04:23:58 PM »
Already re-installed all, using another siter for downloading patch (just in case).
None.
It's still not working.
Crysys works, Crysis online the same, MWLL works only if I create my own room (but no one enters it). No way to join any server.
Errors still are "disconnected from server", or I wait too long, or the game crashes, black screen, and back to desktop, without error notification.

Help!

Offline Wc_Eend

• Bondsman
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 08:03:18 PM »
Already re-installed all, using another siter for downloading patch (just in case).
None.
It's still not working.
Crysys works, Crysis online the same, MWLL works only if I create my own room (but no one enters it). No way to join any server.
Errors still are "disconnected from server", or I wait too long, or the game crashes, black screen, and back to desktop, without error notification.

Help!

Yup, same here!
If you find a solution, please let me know. Playing on my on server and shooting towers get me too excited to play this against actual people  :)

Offline Skyywolf

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-1
  • how do i shot web
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 10:32:17 PM »
None.
It's still not working.

Help!

Yup, same here!
If you find a solution, please let me know. Playing on my on server and shooting towers get me too excited to play this against actual people  :)

I have this same problem, and have had it since I started playing. I do not have have a real solution, I do however have something of a workaround: The MWLL Cracked server. It's a 32 person server, and the only one that lets me join out of every server on the list. It seems to always be populated. I can't be sure that it will work for you, but I have the same issue and it worked for me.

Good luck!

Offline Wc_Eend

• Bondsman
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 07:19:45 PM »
I tried the mwll cracked server and after a few "disconnected form server", I got a longer waiting time and a "unable to connect to server".
On the following try Crysis locked up on me.

Anyone else with the same problem?

Offline ajax

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
    • Dark Knight Legion
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 10:51:20 AM »
ur problem sounds very similar to what i had when i 1st tried to play.  i feel its a Gamespy problem (and so do many others if u read the other threads concerning this).  what i did was wait ... after 3 days or so my new account mysteriously started working for MWLL.   check the other threads concerning this subject for additional info. 
Execute with Extreme Prejudice...

Offline Skyywolf

• Bondsman
  • how do i shot web
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 07:53:58 PM »
Actually, Auth failed (3) means that your copy failed the serial check. In 99.9% of cases, this is because you are on a pirated copy. If you aren't, do some googling, there is some stuff that you can do to fix it.

But, I have a fix if you're on a pirated copy! Buy Crysis, pirating is bad.

Offline Wc_Eend

• Bondsman
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 08:19:51 PM »
Actually, Auth failed (3) means that your copy failed the serial check. In 99.9% of cases, this is because you are on a pirated copy. If you aren't, do some googling, there is some stuff that you can do to fix it.

But, I have a fix if you're on a pirated copy! Buy Crysis, pirating is bad.

Well, I don't get auth failed, but just "disconnected from server". After a few tries Crysis freezes...
I did buy Crisis so there shouldn't be problems with the serial number.

Offline Skyywolf

• Bondsman
  • how do i shot web
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 08:45:12 PM »
Well, that's a completely different issue. I'm sorry, but I haven't heard of that one. Sorry!

Offline Wc_Eend

• Bondsman
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 10:46:18 PM »
The problem is solved!!
Inous reviewed my installation and it appears that I didn't install the patch correctly. That caused the immediate disconnects when attempting to connect with a server...
You don't see this kind of support from the developer often, props to Inous for his time and helping hand!

I already had my ass handed to me a few times online :)