Author Topic: 3 Partisan Suggestions  (Read 4393 times)

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
3 Partisan Suggestions
« on: January 19, 2010, 05:44:29 PM »
3 Simple suggestions for one of my favourite machines.

1: Air burst proximity ammo on the prime as standard, would prefer this hugely over increased damage against Aeros as it is now.

2. A historical gunsight on all but the LRM machine, like todays figther jets use to indicate the lead required on a locked-on target (could work like the old XWing v Tie fighters reticule turning red when the correct lead was achieved).  The Airboys got their bombing pipper so it seems only fair the anti-airboys get theirs IMHO.

3. A variant with 2 Light Gauss for 20K for anti-VTOL work (they jump around so much they are next to impossible to down with any of the partisan variants available), or alternatively a variant with 4ERLarge as there's no real laser tank in the game IIRC.

As stated it's one of my favourite machines (have spent entire matches in nothing else) but it's severely at a loss in adequately completing it's primary AA mission, and spray'n'pray just doesn't really cut it in the 31st century and with (particularily VTOLs) the flyboys wonderous lag shield you often find that after a dozen rounds finding the sweet spot he's warped somewhere else completely :(

On a side note the twin mguns on the new harasser variant actually hit more reliably than the Parti Primes quad ACs do, so somethings seriously wrong there!

The situation as it currently stands reminds me of MW3 lag shooting combat, and surely that just is not good enough for MWLL?

Pecuniam non olet
Quid enim saluis infamia nummis

"Make this game my way, because I HAVE A DISORDER!" - VictorMorson
".....show us on the doll where MWLL touched you bad." - KingLeer

Offline [IPA] Bravo Cadett

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
    • Dream Team Leipzig
Re: 3 Partisan Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 05:49:44 PM »
hoho or some havy MG varaint with 8 or 10 hMG that fires about 1200m ?

do you try chainfire for the harrasser MG's and the quad AC5's ? even for the LBX5's it works kind of great ... but i dont test it so much ...

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +181/-2
  • RIP AND TEAR
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 05:54:08 PM »

3. A variant with 2 Light Gauss for 20K for anti-VTOL work (they jump around so much they are next to impossible to down with any of the partisan variants available), or alternatively a variant with 4ERLarge as there's no real laser tank in the game IIRC.

The Huit B has 4 LPLs, and is the best AA unit in the game (IMO).

I agree with the target leading (on ASFs and VTOLs only), or an air burst being needed; but not both of them.
"Concentrate on the moment, each moment is its own reality. It has a particular thisness. You can't predict, but you can explain. Or try. If you are observant, and lucky, you can say, this is why this is happening! It's very interesting!"

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 06:26:10 PM »
@Spartaner, :) yeah the ACs firing like the Mguns would be very welcome, I suppose it's the rate of fire on the mguns that explains why they hit more often than the ACs, I know that in my experiments the Parti Prime hits 10-30% of rounds fired before aero-warp ends firing, while the mgun hits 60-80% before rubber-banding ends the attack.

@Saber, forgot about the Huit, but it's so expensive that you only really see them after 10-20minutes or so, thus there's nothing really effective against air assets right from the start :( the problem with that is 2 fold, 1 the Parti is meant to be a AA platform and 2, anyone who starts in a parti prime and works as a dedicated AA gunner has real trouble (due to the aforementioned deficiencies in the design) in getting enough cash to afford a Laser Huit!  Compare that to the inexpensive cost of Aero assets and you'll see my point.

I've been reading a lot of anti-flyboy stuff on the forums, and TBH I think one of the real reasons these opinions exist is that the Partisan Prime is so unfit for the job and the Huit so expensive, giving the flyboys half the match where Flak is only a minor nuisance and not a real threat.

Pecuniam non olet
Quid enim saluis infamia nummis

"Make this game my way, because I HAVE A DISORDER!" - VictorMorson
".....show us on the doll where MWLL touched you bad." - KingLeer

Offline Askis

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-5
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 06:28:12 PM »

Since the patch, it also costs 46500 Cbills, so it can'T be used in early game, unless a few people share their money...

I'd like an LGauss variant, it should even be able to mount two standard Gauss rifles, at least if the weight is the same as CBT.
AC5 = 8 tons => 32 tons total for Prime, plus it has 6 extra tons for ammo IIRC
Gauss = 15 tons => 30 tons total, 8 tons of ammo
LGauss = 12 tons => 24 tons total, 14 tons of extra ammo, or 36 tons for three LGauss and 2 tons of ammo

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • RIP AND TEAR
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 06:57:09 PM »
I'd like an LGauss variant, it should even be able to mount two standard Gauss rifles, at least if the weight is the same as CBT.

Only if it can't aim down; having 2 Gausses in the first ten minutes of the game would be a game breaker.
"Concentrate on the moment, each moment is its own reality. It has a particular thisness. You can't predict, but you can explain. Or try. If you are observant, and lucky, you can say, this is why this is happening! It's very interesting!"

Offline Askis

• Living Legend
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 07:18:14 PM »
Well, it'd need to be more expensive, so you can't buy it right off the bat ;)

• Lance Sergeant
    • Dream Team Leipzig
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 07:55:29 PM »
flak pro tip: try a raven with ELRM or a Catapult
works great becaus u can lock every thing in 1500m ... only con is: less ammo (and less dmg? dunno)

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • RIP AND TEAR
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 08:42:20 PM »
Then there would be little point, because if it's a little more expensive, there'd be little point in buying it over a Huit B or a Partisan B; both of which annihilate anything in the air.

Offline Askis

• Living Legend
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 10:12:17 PM »
Then there would be little point, because if it's a little more expensive, there'd be little point in buying it over a Huit B or a Partisan B; both of which annihilate anything in the air.

I wasn't talking about 40-50k expensive >_>
More like 30k-35k, that way you could get a tank which is equal in firepower and price to most medium 'Mechs, but not as good versus BA as the Partisan B, while being more effective against 'Mechs.

I'm definitely going to try building one, once the Mechlab is out ;)

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • RIP AND TEAR
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 01:45:13 AM »

More like 30k-35k, that way you could get a tank which is equal in firepower and price to most medium 'Mechs, but not as good versus BA as the Partisan B, while being more effective against 'Mechs.

I'm definitely going to try building one, once the Mechlab is out ;)
The Partisan B is effective against everything, and about 32k.  ;)

Offline Askis

• Living Legend
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 02:42:14 AM »
The RAC2 is kinda meh against 'Mechs and Tanks, and with twin Gauss, you could shoot and scoot, while with the B you need to keep shooting to do any significant damage.

Depends on your play-style I suppose^^

Offline CyberVyper

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 08:10:32 AM »
The Quad RAC Partisan is very useful against tanks and 'mechs. You can disarm 'mechs quite quickly, or even shred lights/mediums. The RACs actually have some bite now.

The Huit B is an accurate AA, but lacks range. An aero getting to 600 is too close to just be getting your first shots in as far as I'm concerned. For me the Huit prime is better. But, to each his own.

The aeros warping is a pain in the ass. If they want the Partisan prime to be strictly AA, a proximity airburst could be nice. A dual gauss(or light gauss) Partisan might be a little much for early game, though.         

• Lance Sergeant
    • Dream Team Leipzig
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 06:50:05 PM »
The Quad RAC Partisan is very useful against tanks and 'mechs. You can disarm 'mechs quite quickly, or even shred lights/mediums. The RACs actually have some bite now.

The Huit B is an accurate AA, but lacks range. An aero getting to 600 is too close to just be getting your first shots in as far as I'm concerned. For me the Huit prime is better. But, to each his own.

The aeros warping is a pain in the ass. If they want the Partisan prime to be strictly AA, a proximity airburst could be nice. A dual gauss(or light gauss) Partisan might be a little much for early game, though.         

yeah i fight again a partisan with RAC's in a Raven with ELRM ... and i killed this guy easiely without taken heavy dmg @.@ he was shooting at me on max range until his RAC overhead

Offline (TLL)Sky_walker

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +66/-1
  • Close Range Attack Forces
    • MWLL Wiki
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 08:43:48 PM »
flak pro tip: try a raven with ELRM or a Catapult
LRMs are useless. I never EVER was hit by any of these in air-unit, avoiding LRMs is quite easy even in VTOL.
The RACs however are other story... make me run away even before I check if the guy has aiming skills or not.

The Partisan B is effective against everything, and about 32k.
Rotfl, try it with my MadCat ;D Overkill! :P
MWLL Wiki Newsletter: Wiki suffers from spammers and lack of activity - change it now, jump in and contribute with something useful! :D

Proud to be C.R.A.P. inspiration # MWLL Wiki Admin # MWLL Alpha Tester # Dev Team # MWLL Defense Force Mercenary - Battlemech Barracks