Author Topic: 3 Partisan Suggestions  (Read 4401 times)

Offline =KoS= Saber15

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +181/-2
  • RIP AND TEAR
Re: 3 Partisan Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 09:00:20 PM »
Rotfl, try it with my MadCat ;D Overkill! :P
The Madcat is also twice the price of a Partisan B.  ::)
"Concentrate on the moment, each moment is its own reality. It has a particular thisness. You can't predict, but you can explain. Or try. If you are observant, and lucky, you can say, this is why this is happening! It's very interesting!"

Offline (TLL)Sky_walker

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +66/-1
  • Close Range Attack Forces
    • MWLL Wiki
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 09:34:29 PM »
He told "everything::) ;D ;D
MWLL Wiki Newsletter: Wiki suffers from spammers and lack of activity - change it now, jump in and contribute with something useful! :D

Proud to be C.R.A.P. inspiration # MWLL Wiki Admin # MWLL Alpha Tester # Dev Team # MWLL Defense Force Mercenary - Battlemech Barracks

Offline [IPA] Bravo Cadett

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
    • Dream Team Leipzig
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 10:07:48 PM »
LRMs are useless. I never EVER was hit by any of these in air-unit, avoiding LRMs is quite easy even in VTOL.
The RACs however are other story... make me run away even before I check if the guy has aiming skills or not.

The Partisan B is effective against everything, and about 32k.
Rotfl, try it with my MadCat ;D Overkill! :P

e lrm's not, if you use them right ... with the catapult u aim again an aero or vtol shoot one ELRM wait about 2 sec and fire the 2nd ELRM ... so he is effectiv out of combat becaus he have to fly his ass off to get out of all this LRM's or get hits ...

if 2 people help a bit, it's very easy

Offline (TLL)Sky_walker

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +66/-1
  • Close Range Attack Forces
    • MWLL Wiki
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 10:17:27 PM »
You play anti-missile maneuver till the "missile" indicator disappears or simply hide behind the hill/pyramid - solves all the problems. No matter how many people shoot LRMs at you (happen to dodge 3 or 4 LRMs salvos few times, so 2 aren't anything special, especially when you can survive the hit with Shiva).
Sorry but missiles are too stupid yet to kill pilot who knows what he is doing. But when it comes to man-vs-man (dogfights, or non-missile AA units) it's not that predictable and therefore not easy to dodge by one simple maneuver.
MWLL Wiki Newsletter: Wiki suffers from spammers and lack of activity - change it now, jump in and contribute with something useful! :D

Proud to be C.R.A.P. inspiration # MWLL Wiki Admin # MWLL Alpha Tester # Dev Team # MWLL Defense Force Mercenary - Battlemech Barracks

• Lance Sergeant
    • Dream Team Leipzig
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 10:25:51 PM »
yeah i know, but you can easiely see how good or bad some1 fly and if some1 doges missels he cant fly an attack run?!
or if you see some1 end his attack run than you just need to wait until he turned his back to you and than shoot some ELRMs after him ...

Offline CyberVyper

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 10:31:17 PM »
I'm not necessarily looking to kill your Madcat with the Partisan B, just maim it. If I can rip off a couple weapons, even if I die in the process, I've made you a much more manageable opponent for my teammates to finish off. The kill is not required to score points and level up, just a nice bonus. 

I especially like the RAC Partisan on Inferno. I've seen some very careless(possibly complacent?) VTOL pilots not paying attention to their surroundings, coming in very low. Warping or no warping, you make yourself an easy target for quad RACs.

The Quad RAC Partisan is very useful against tanks and 'mechs. You can disarm 'mechs quite quickly, or even shred lights/mediums. The RACs actually have some bite now.

The Huit B is an accurate AA, but lacks range. An aero getting to 600 is too close to just be getting your first shots in as far as I'm concerned. For me the Huit prime is better. But, to each his own.

The aeros warping is a pain in the ass. If they want the Partisan prime to be strictly AA, a proximity airburst could be nice. A dual gauss(or light gauss) Partisan might be a little much for early game, though.         

yeah i fight again a partisan with RAC's in a Raven with ELRM ... and i killed this guy easiely without taken heavy dmg @.@ he was shooting at me on max range until his RAC overhead

His first mistake(and last obviously) was fighting to your strength. Even though you can reach out to 800 with RAC2s and hit LRM vehicles/'mechs doesn't mean you should. Considering also the fact that they are rarely alone. He should have tried to eliminate your ability to use your ELRMs. Yes, that can be easier said then done I realize, but still.

• Lance Sergeant
    • Dream Team Leipzig
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 10:38:09 PM »
so quad RAC's are the best to shoot flyboys ?

what about LBX5's ? the rate of fire is very low @.@ and they dont have so much ammo

what distance you need to shoot if u want some1 down with RAC's ? (600m or less?)

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 09:14:15 PM »
I'm surprised you've had much success with the RAC Partisan as AA, the required spin-up time and shorter range (the AC5s reach out to around 1500m and not just the 800m range on the indicator) are both heavily against it as an effective AA Platform, I've tried it as an AA tank and thought the Prime (while it is inadequate for the job) to be the better flyswatter IMHO.

Maybe suggestion number 4 should be that the RAC partisan carries 4RAC2 (RAC2s weight about the same as an AC5, and in NBT-HC had about 1200m range from what I remember), then at least it'd be more effective against 'mechs, because right now it's possibly the weakest of the variants.

@Spartaner, The quad LB-5X AC variant is an anti 'mech variant (thus the reason why the ACs fire like AC10s and AC20s instead of glorified mguns like the AC2s and AC5s seem to be in this game)....I've not actually spent much time in one...so maybe I should.

Pecuniam non olet
Quid enim saluis infamia nummis

"Make this game my way, because I HAVE A DISORDER!" - VictorMorson
".....show us on the doll where MWLL touched you bad." - KingLeer

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2010, 09:18:25 PM »
Well, the smaller Artillery-guns today basically ARE rapid Fire capable.
Especially the 2 to 8cm Flak Guns. Only in the Bigger Calibres does it get noticeably slower.
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline CyberVyper

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2010, 10:24:43 PM »
I'm surprised you've had much success with the RAC Partisan as AA, the required spin-up time and shorter range (the AC5s reach out to around 1500m and not just the 800m range on the indicator) are both heavily against it as an effective AA Platform, I've tried it as an AA tank and thought the Prime (while it is inadequate for the job) to be the better flyswatter IMHO.

Maybe suggestion number 4 should be that the RAC partisan carries 4RAC2 (RAC2s weight about the same as an AC5, and in NBT-HC had about 1200m range from what I remember), then at least it'd be more effective against 'mechs, because right now it's possibly the weakest of the variants.

@Spartaner, The quad LB-5X AC variant is an anti 'mech variant (thus the reason why the ACs fire like AC10s and AC20s instead of glorified mguns like the AC2s and AC5s seem to be in this game)....I've not actually spent much time in one...so maybe I should.

The Partisan B does have 4 RAC2s. I don't use it with AA as my primary mission. I would agree their range can be an inhibitor, as well as ammo consumption. The spin-up doesn't bother me at all, I just anticipate my shot and start the barrels spinning before my target enters my designated fire zone. If I find that AA range is an issue, I would switch to a Huit prime for the needed reach. But a VTOL or aero in range can be shot down rather quickly with a Partisan B. I was not aware that you could continue hitting targets with the AC5 beyond 800. I certainly haven't been able too. On air enabled maps I do use the Partisan prime and have found it to be adequate for early game AA chores.

Yes, I agree the Partisan A with the Quad LBX5s is more ground attack oriented. I think I tried it once or twice for AA, but those were VERY brief experiments.   

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 12:21:21 AM »
I don't think there's a single weapon in MWLL that only has the reach it indicates in the upper right corner . .
I can hit stuff reliably out to 1000m with AC5, even though they do scatter. AC2 actually scatters MORE over that distance for some reason.
But AC2 can probably reach out to 1500 or 2000m all in all. I'd have to check the RAC's again to see how far i can go . .
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Askis

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-5
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2010, 04:46:59 PM »
I don't think there's a single weapon in MWLL that only has the reach it indicates in the upper right corner . .

Lasers.
I've killed an enemy in a Huit B (before 0.1.0) at 650m and his lasers stopped just short of my cockpit.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2010, 05:09:23 PM »
Ya I've seen lasers stop just short of my mech before.  It's exciting to say the least.
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline (TLL) Heretic

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2010, 02:54:03 AM »
I've seen gauss do the same, must say it gets the blood up to see a gauss slug fall to earth as if swatted out of the air, inches before the cockpit (if not very believable TBH).

There's a long history in the BTU of being able to hit beyond recommended ranges, a medium laser might hit a target at 4KM, but chances were in 3025 that it was about 0.05% likely, and if it did hit, it would be weakened by loss of focus at such ranges.

Pecuniam non olet
Quid enim saluis infamia nummis

"Make this game my way, because I HAVE A DISORDER!" - VictorMorson
".....show us on the doll where MWLL touched you bad." - KingLeer

• Lance Sergeant
    • Dream Team Leipzig
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2010, 03:59:45 PM »
I've seen gauss do the same, must say it gets the blood up to see a gauss slug fall to earth as if swatted out of the air, inches before the cockpit (if not very believable TBH).

yeah i notice this when i ELRM camp with a Catapult and some smart guys tought they can shoot back with there gauss and PPC's ... after loling around i say to them in all say they should check there ranges xDD

very funny
but b2t:

so the most AC's become very inaccurate and less powerfull if you are over the "max" range ?
or does they deal more DMG than needed again the airboys ?