Author Topic: 3 Partisan Suggestions  (Read 4405 times)

Offline Voxel

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
Partisan D or others
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 04:22:11 PM »
I would really like to see you've added another version of the tank "Partisan" with a laser weapon (eg, ERLBL or ERLPL). It is very necessary to deal with Aero & VTOL's. Because the current versions of poorly suited to serve as air defense (AD), especially for high ping.
And besides, is clearly not enough energy options for this tank. At a low price it would be optimal. After all, for a more powerful energy tanks need a lot more money (nearly 2-fold), and besides, they do not have 360+180 degree view of the tower.
As I understand it, in development are other energy tanks, but apparently the tank "Partisan" remains one of the cheapest tanks that are suited to the functions of air defense.
So, please consider this option, or consider other options. Since this is now sorely lacking.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:51:37 PM by Voxel »
A longtime fan of the BattleTech Series. Playing a board game and all games MechWarrior and MechCommander.
And sorry for my bad English.

Offline DFDelta

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +145/-1
  • Wiki Staff
    • My Youtube page
Re: 3 Partisan Suggestions
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 06:34:20 PM »
Suggested this somewhere before:

Partisan F:
2x AC2
2x MG
2x LXPL
BHP
lots of heat sinks

Lots of pew pew, good against mechs, reasonable against air units, and the best thing: it has XPLs (damn I love them ;D)
Join the MWLL wiki today, your contributions will make the wiki a better place.

In Lyran Commonwealth, Atlas scouts you.

Offline (TLL)Siilk

• Techpriest software engineer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +140/-7
  • A single trueborn is an army by himself
    • My facebook profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 06:50:19 PM »
Good ideas in this thread, +1 to Heretic and Delta.

The Partisan B is effective against everything, and about 32k.
Rotfl, try it with my MadCat ;D Overkill! :P

Heh, give me a little something to distract that Timby and I'll core it in no time. Did it a couple of times, it was hilarious to see Timby's CT turning red while he was chasing Owens around me. ;D

"This Clan posses intelligence, the burning passion of true hunters, and a spirit that serves as a beacon to the rest. I mingle my blood with the Wolves."
- ilKhan Nicholas Kerensky, Strana Mechty, 2815

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 06:54:17 PM »
Yeah, people STILL ignore us tankers for the most part.
Lucky! ^^
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline EagleFire

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-1
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 01:17:57 AM »
I'd like to see some of the other canon Partisan variants put in.

XL - The XL variant of the Partisan utilized an ultra compact 240 GM XL engine, freeing up considerable space. Mounting twelve tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, twin LB 10-X ACs, and twin Ultra AC/2s, the only stumbling block seems to be its hefty price tag.

This would allow it to engage at long range and do some decent burst damage against low fliers taking advantage of terrain.

RAC - Mounting a pair each of Rotary AC/5s and LB 2-X ACs, the RAC variant of the Partisan is able to pump out a significant amount of gunfire in a short amount of time. It also adds another ton of armor for increase durability.

Why do we have the Demo C and not this?

I'd also like to see a version with 2 ER Large lasers and 2 UAC5's.

Offline Frostiken

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +205/-9
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 08:24:24 AM »
Because if there's one thing this game needs, it's even more tank boats. God forbid we get some weaponry diversity.

Ah wait, we have a tank that has three different weapons with three totally different uses with three different range brackets. And a tank that moves at glacial speeds and wastes all of its potential on Arrow IV loadouts. And a hovercraft that mounts TAG lasers and SRMs alongside weapons that hardly need these.

Wait what do these vehicles have in common... hmmm....

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2011, 10:38:09 AM »
you suck at using them? O.o
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Zverofaust

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2011, 10:28:58 PM »
I'd much rather see new vehicles than more variations on the ones that are currently in the game. There are plenty of vehicles in CBT that have prime loadouts very similar to many of the variations we currently have. For example, the Goblin would make a great LBL tank. Clan has the Ares with its ERLBL and the Enyo with a LPL. There's stuff like the Alacorn with 3 x Gauss (with 3 x AC/10 and 2 x Heavy Gauss variants) and Schrek with 3 x PPC. There's plenty of stuff out there that could take the place of yet more variants of old designs. Of course, there's the problem of having the guys to model and texture and rig and animate them...

Offline Aposiopesis

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +52/-0
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2011, 10:55:56 PM »
I'd much rather see new vehicles than more variations on the ones that are currently in the game. There are plenty of vehicles in CBT that have prime loadouts very similar to many of the variations we currently have. For example, the Goblin would make a great LBL tank. Clan has the Ares with its ERLBL and the Enyo with a LPL. There's stuff like the Alacorn with 3 x Gauss (with 3 x AC/10 and 2 x Heavy Gauss variants) and Schrek with 3 x PPC. There's plenty of stuff out there that could take the place of yet more variants of old designs. Of course, there's the problem of having the guys to model and texture and rig and animate them...

The thing is, it's waaaaaaaay easier to put new variants in a game than it is to make new assets altogether. As such... well, let's look at 3 different tanks with somewhat similar tonnages and firepower:

Brutus
Schrek
Zhukov

The Zhukov main config sports good armor, twin AC10s, and an SRM-6.
The Schrek has lesser armor, but sports 3 PPCs.
The Brutus has good armor, and sports 2 large lasers, an LRM-20, 2 SRM-6s and an SRM-2. It also has a popular twin PPC variant

All these mechs are of similar weight, have the same speed, and have roughly equivalent loadouts. The developers could either make all 3 of these, or make one of them (using the average of 75 tons, so call it a heavy MBT) and incorporate the general loadout ideas into several variants (so you'd have a dual AC10 + srms version, a PPC + lrms version, a large lasers + SRMs version, etc). Meanwhile, instead of developing 2 more similar vees, they can work on 2 drastically different assets to provide more variety. I'd rather have, say, a Brutus (+zhukov +schreck), a Myrmidon (+hetzer +main gauche), and a Saladin (+saracen +lightning) than a Brutus, a Zhukov, and a Schrek. Then, at later times (if someone feels like working on them) the 'similar' designs can be integrated and variants reshuffled.

Personally, I'd like to see the Partisan have less 'slightly different array of light autocannons' variants and integrate the armaments of a couple similarly weighted, armored, and powered IS tanks that aren't likely to get designed anytime soon. Examples:

Fury: 80 tons, tracked, faster than Partisan, 1 gauss rifle. Since the canon one is faster than the partisan, this could be reflected by giving Partisan extra weight appropriate firepower (such as gauss rifle + PPC)

Moltke Main Battle Tank: 75 tons, tracked, faster than Partisan | 2 light GR, 1 ERLL. Again, since this design is faster and slightly lighter than the Party van, it could also be given a firepower buff: 2 Light Gauss Rifles, 2 ERLLs

Just examples, of course... but seeing as we're not likely to see a Fury or a Moltke anytime soon, it'd make more sense to integrate the loadout ideas of these vees into similarly weighted tanks than just to say 'Partisan gets light autocannons and Demolisher gets big guns lololol' and have a distinct lack of variety in tank loadouts whilst we wait for the occasional new tank or two we get every other version.