Author Topic: Lone Wolves Thread  (Read 8292 times)

Offline ~SJ~Azov

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-0
Re: Lone Wolves Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 05:39:43 AM »
Timezone: EST (Florida)

Language: English

Populated servers. MWLL CRACKED TLL East coast

Vehicle skils 7/10
Mech 5/10
Tanks 9/10
hover 8/10
ASF 2/10
VTOL 5/10
BA 9/10

preferred weight class - Medium or Heavy

Favorite Vehicles Oro C, Demolisher prime, Madcat C

preferred weapons - AutoCannon, Flamer, SRM

Seondary weapons - Lasers, BA grenades

Favorite maps - Sandblasted, marshes, extrimity

preferred side - I always choose auto join, but i'm a clanner at heart

playstyle - I am a very in your face kind of player, I will sneak behind anymy lines and destroy everything in range. I never get to play my preffered way because of the 80 million missile boats on the maps. But when I do get my opportunity, all h*** breaks loose.

I'm now at the point where I want more than just casual play as it gets rather annoying  going out lone wolf and trying to find for myself.

[~Pytak@cute.fluffyfurries.com] has joined the room

Offline (TLL)GoThiK

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
Looking for a good unit to join
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 07:38:56 PM »
Hi there, my name is GoThik.

I have been playing MW4: Mercs(along with MW4:Vengeance) for at least a decade.
I am looking for a Unit to join in MWL, and whatever league that will involve MWLL whenever its released.
The type of unit Im looking for:

One that has a command structure and ranking ladder that I can climb.
   One that is not an AFK unitI want to be a part of a unit that is ACTIVE and has matches regularly.
   One that is currently in a league, whether it be MWL or another league.
   One that has the option to RP
   One that has regular practice sessions so that the unit is ready for whatever scheduled match it has
   Although Im looking primarily for a unit that is in the MWL, Im also looking for one that is likely to switch to MWLL if MWLL turns out to be good enough to replace MW4: Mercs as the game to compete in BT Mech competitions, which is why Im posting this thread here as well as in the forums at MWL.com.

What I have to offer your Unit as a player:
   I have 10 years of MW4 experience.
   I am good at no matter what Mech you put me in.
   When it comes to Mech tactics such as sniping, brawling, etc Im a jack of all trades, so Im whatever you need me to be at the time.
   Although I consider myself a pretty good Mech pilot and have been playing Mercs for around 10 years, I am still a very trainable MechWarrior and Im open to anything you can teach me.
   If you are willing to train me, I am willing to host a dedicated server for both MW4 Mercs, and MWLL(as soon as I can afford to purchase Crysis to get the MWLL mod)

Additional Note: Right now i'm currently playing MW4: Mercs with the expansions neccessary to compete in MWL. If there is a different version of Mech Warrior for whatever leage that you're in, i'll be happy to install/use that version to be a part of that unit. I'm not limited to only playing Mercs.

...And for the record, i live in Georgia, USA which is in the Eastern Time Zone and i only speak English and would preferr a US based unit to join but it that isn't a requirement for me.

If you want to know more about my history and what units I have been with, feel free to holler at me. My email is gothik_mechwarrior@hotmail.com.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 07:44:16 PM by GoThiK »
Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord- David

Moments Later...David:still standing...Goliath:PWNED

Offline Killer-Bee

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-5
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 09:04:25 PM »
Timezone: GMT+1
Spoken Language: English (spoken atm untrained but A+ not long ago), German
Populated Servers: any. best ping prefered. usually europe.

Vehicle Skills:
Mech: 10/10
Tank: 5/10
Aero/Hover: 5/10

Preferred Weight Class: any, depends on enemies

Favorite Vehicles: osiris b , scat a , madcat prime , novacat c , atlas c

Preferred Weapons: any, depending on which enemies im facing. i dont use LTs (boring, somewhat op) and firebombs anymore since 020

Occasional Use Weapons: -

Maps: official maps played by great length. community maps not so much. no mentionable experience on paradise.

Playstyle:
close combat prefered altho i use tactics and maneuvering to toy with enemies psyche rather than rushing in carelessly.
if brawler effectiveness is restricted by enemy movement and their type of units i switch to long range units with great effectiveness while still having fun. but even then i just dont like picking the typical camper units. i can use them effectively but i just get bored by doing that.
experienced teamplayer as well as lone wolf on the battlefield.
i played a lot of other games in tournaments mostly on LANs with great success and started about 15 years ago going even more into the pcgaming area getting hardcore experience with pc gaming and level editing to some degree. in strategic,team,tactical,simulation,mmo,fps, solo as well as purely action games. altho there were some longer on and off time periods depending on what time my personal life offered.
very much experience in group,clan,people leadership ingame and reallife while also being able to follow orders effectively should the need arrise.
but in mwll im clearly for the fun of it and for the affection to bt. played all mw titles since mw1, tabletops and read a lot of the books.
just to make it clear i dont want to show off here but still not matter the server i join and the enemies i play i rank highest in each round by far by damage done and i ususally finish with KD around 30/1 on 60 minute servers. with a personal best of 52/0 on inferno. and around 30 for the other map records.
the last few weeks my life allowed me to take a lot of time to play and to concentrate on mwll but about a week from now work starts again which will put me in a position to only be available on a very unregularly basis from there on as my real life is still the most important one by far.
also i might switch to other games soon depending on the direction mwll develops.
edit: ts, mumble present of course

**Application closed - Taken**
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 10:50:23 AM by Killer-Bee »
Add a better camper weapon to stop camping.... i still dont get it.

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 06:40:54 PM »
I thought I would bump this and state that at least three of the people posting have found positions in units due to this thread.  It is effective.
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline Leeko

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +76/-4
  • Clan Jade Wolf Resident Perma-Cadet
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 07:54:37 PM »
Recruited by TLL.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 09:28:47 PM by Leeko »
#mwll, where all the anuschat happens
(2:46:59 PM) Pytak: vicious anus
(2:47:09 PM) haarp: it hungers
(2:48:01 PM) Pytak: for moar

(11:38:04 AM) Merf: I can touch everything.
(11:38:07 AM) Merf: Prepare your anus
(11:38:50 AM) Merf: It is okay. I am your father, which makes it totally not creepy

Jason dinAlt

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 01:14:10 AM »
Okay, I'm not currently looking for a unit, but in case my unit is inactive on some days, here's my info:

(Note: I'm not playing yet, I'm going by MW4 Mercs standards...)

Timezone: U.S. Rocky Mountain Time Zone (GMT -7)

Spoken Language: English, Russian

Vehicle Skills:
Mech: 7/10
Tank: 0/10
Aero/Hover: 0/10

Preferred Weight Class: Medium/Heavy

Favorite Vehicles: Uziel (w/2ERPPC and 2LGAUSS), Wolfhound (w/ERPPC, 5ERMPL, LPL), some other thing's I've forgotten about.

Preferred Weapons: Gauss, PPC, Pulse Lasers, Clan LRM's, STREAK SRM's,

Occasional Use Weapons: AC's, MRM's, Arrow

Playstyle:
  • Close range: Get right up to the enemy, alpha strike, wait for cooldown, rinse, repeat. Note: Move up so they can't shoot me back.
  • Long range: Yay! moving sniper time! take out other snipers, then scout area 4 enemies. sit back, sip coffee (or soda...) and fire away. (oh, and look at my radar a lot too...)
Maps: Great on tactical maps, esp. city and hilly. Bad in forest.

Side: Prefer Clan.

Voice: Skype (any more ideas on other clients?)

Notes:
  • Team-ish player
  • coordination!
  • Willing 2 learn new stuff

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 11:51:05 PM »
Timezone: GMT+1
Spoken Language: German (native), slightly "rusted" english

Vehicle Skills:
Mech: 7/10
Tank: 5/10
Aero/Hover: 1/10

Preferred Weight Class: medium to heavy

Favorite Vehicles: Timber Wolf, Bushwacker, Harasser, others if situation demands

Preferred Weapons: PPC, Gauss, LBL, SSRM

Occasional Use Weapons: ACs, LRMs

Maps: anything goes.

Playstyle: Whatever works. Willing to scout/TAG

Update: As my nametag clearly shows, I have joined clan Smokejaguar (~SJ~) and am therefore no longer a lonewolf. :D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 06:28:18 AM by ~SJ~ Atlessa »

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +165/-14
  • Fun now allowed
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 07:44:56 PM »
Sent you a pm Atlessa about Clan Jade Wolf, if your interested. Ill await a response, via PM or this thread :)
"Arguing about battlemechs off the field of battle is like arguing as a spheroid, even if you win, you're still a freebirth!"

'It's too bad they don't have a "Report to Mother button", I bet you'd be slapping that one twenty-four-seven so she'd come dry your tears when your own idiocy leads you to failure in a game on the internet.' - dimachaerus

New idea- would I be able to use an external hard drive to add RAM and/or improve gigahertz?

Offline Barcode

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar Mechwarrior
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 06:33:09 PM »
Gonna rip the format off of Azov.... (NOTE: I have received an invite from a clan. Thank you for the PMs.)

Timezone: Eastern Time (US and Canada; I'm in Ontario) (EDIT: Also, I'm around 12AM-7PM Eastern Time)

Language: English, fragmented Italian (and by that extension, specks of Spanish and French)

Populated servers: MWLL CRACKED TLL East coast, anything else with >100 ping

Mechs 6.5/10 (I ain't bad at all at mid-long range combat, but I tend to get pwned by missiles and other forms of camping tactics. BAs give me trouble if I don't have an MG; otherwise, they're toast. Haven't used them too much lately; waiting for a joystick. Started practicing them again.)
Tanks 7/10 (Not a lot of time spent with them. I'm pretty good in a Demolisher dual gauss; least according to the one time I used it. I'm decent at sniping in general.)
Hover 2/10 (I suck. These are only for getting in range as a BA. Well, and the Harasser C and its early-game Light Gauss. Damn, I hate its standstill wobble.)
ASF 0/10 (Never used. Want joystick before I try.)
VTOL 0/10 (Same.)
BA 8.5/10 (I'm damn good with a PPC and an arm-cannon, and my PPC jumping is to die for. I'm working on taking out other BAs with this setup, though. EDIT: Scratch that, I'm a terrible counter-BA, primarily because the arm-cannon does next to nothing to BAs; however, I can typically tear apart 'Mechs and some tanks.)

Preferred weight class - Anything but Medium. Haven't had much practice in Assault.

Favorite Vehicles - Demolisher dual-gauss, I suppose any other vehicles with gausses, Kit Fox (Prime and the one with the MASC and Ultra AC), Timber Wolf Prime.

Primary weapon - PPC

Secondary weapons - Flamer, arm-cannon

Favorite maps - Sandblasted, Extremity (oh god thrust-vectoring)

Preferred side - Clan (Elementals are 8D), but I put team balance above all else.

Playstyle - Aggressive with light 'Mechs, more passive as weight increases. I love to go toe-to-toe and I like to counter snipers/poptarters. I'm working on getting back to base to repair my 'Mech, but I make sure (most of the time) to donate the c-bills I work up on-foot so I can stay on-foot without guilt. Frequent attempter of Gundamjacking.

Other - Have voice (will travel). Free on all days but Tuesdays and Thursdays.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 12:06:40 AM by Barcode »

Offline DracheM

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2010, 07:20:59 PM »
Piloting: B (good)
Gunnery: B+ (good/excellent)
Salary*: 15,000 c-bills

I'm a good pilot and shot and I prefer piloting the medium 'mech class. My radar/sensor management is poor except for when I'm running a dedicated hit-and-run flanking or harassment mission and remember to keep my sensors on passive or use an ECM-equipped 'mech. My preferred weapon is a heavy autocannon (LBX or uAC 10 or 20s).

*to be paid in advance of drop

(Sorry for dual-post; other forum doesn't look like it's used much [ever?])

Jason dinAlt

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 07:46:27 PM »
Drache: I sent you a PM, check your messages.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 03:21:13 PM by KingLeerUK »

Offline =CJW= Zweistein000 (W)

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +222/-72
  • Trial of position ended; Rank: Warrior
    • Urbie Defense By (TLL)CapperDeluxe
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 08:31:12 AM »
As soon as I get my PC to actually run MWLL, I'm gonna post here as well.

EDIT: My PC now runs Crysis fine so:

Timezone: CET (GMT+1)

Language: Slovenian and English, my German is broken at best.

Populated servers: Everything with 10+ people on

Mechs 7/10 - I still don't know when to take the right mech for the job, but will pilot it fairly well ( I still hit obstacles 1/3 of the time). I will use the heaviest CLAN! mech available and will try to hide behind cover or combine LAMS to avoid missiles. BA are my Achilles heal ( only hit them 1/4 of the time), I sometimes miss horribly (1/10 of the time). I will however sometimes hit an ASF with PPC/Gauss.

Tanks 6/10 - I don't use tanks much. The only one I use is Oro (C I think: CERPPC+C Gauss). I will hit fairly, but by chances of survival are worse than being in mech. The biggest problem is terrain where I will sometimes use all of the time to stabilize my barrel-rolling tank.

Hoover: 3/10 Terrain, obstacles, too fast and low armor. Haven't tried to learn it much either.

ASF 1/10 - Flying with mouse and keyboard is bad, couldn't hit a planet and will wonder what am I doing  driving it around and not flying.

VTOL: 2/10 Same as ASF Keyboard&Mouse+ Flying = bad, speed is slower, so crashing is reduced.

BA: 5/10 - Don't know how to correctly use JJ but I'll do a fair job doing damage and staying alive

Preferred weight class - The heavier the better.

Favorite Vehicles (Form CDT to KN) - Uller with Gauss, Puma with PPC/ LBX, Shadowcat With Gauss&PPC, Volture with Gauss or Oro with PPC&Gauss, Volture Prime or SRM variant, Mad-Cat PPC&UAC or Loki Prime, Mad-Cat prime or Novacat quad PPC, Mad Cat Mk2 prime.

Sometimes Will take Cougar or Loki with C3 to assist LTA

Favorite weapons: Gauss and PPC
Second favorite weapons: Lasers and LRM

Favorite maps: The least FPS hungry the better

Preferred side - Clan, will play IS if you brake my limbs, kill my family  and force me (balance sometimes does that, but will switch to Clan at the first opportunity)

Play style: Isn't it obvious by now: Direct or indirect long range fire support. I don't Usually brawl.

Other - School comes first and foremost! Brother goes to bad ad 21:00 (22:00 at weekend) so don't expect me after that either, real life always has priority.

Awaiting Invitation, giftake  ;D and conquer if terra  ;D - Zweistein

I fount my place among the clan Jade wolf: Current rank - Warrior
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 11:31:33 AM by =CJW= Zweistein000 (W) »
Vote Bill for multidimentional sex warlock 2013.

Quote from: Bin Fish link=http://cjw.dyndns.biz/forum/profile.php?10,12
Don't sniff anything Bill gives you and never find yourself alone with HAARP

Offline Ressk [CSF]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +72/-2
  • Khan of [CSF]
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 09:13:12 PM »
this seems like a replacement of the recruitment posts.... should clans look here or over there? i would personally like to see one place for all ye recruits.

PS the CSF is totally rad and active in beta.
Recruitment Page For CSF

click the pic /\
ULLER4LYFE! the internet hates CSF