Author Topic: need some tech support...keep getting a blinking black screen during combat  (Read 2596 times)

Offline (TLL)GoThiK

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
Well it runs fine with the 8x and like i said the only performance problem i had when it was on 16xQ was the black screen of death. And yes, other than the black screen i had no lag.

But yeah, other than disabling motion blur and turning the AA down to 8x, all the other graphics settings are as high as DX9 will allow it. All the settings are on high. I have noticed that when you run the game on DX10 that you have the option to run everything on "very high" but i'm not sure how that looks though since the lag is so bad with DX10 that i never bothered to find out. I do run it on a 19 inch LCD widescreen monitor if the good performance has something to do with the size of the monitor.

Oh, and about my PC exploding...I was ROFL at that because my power supply actually DID explode about a year ago hahaha. But it was because it was defective. Thankfully nothing else was damaged lol. I think i'm able to push my PC so hard because i have about 8 cooling fans in my pc, one which is about 7 inches(on the top) and since i got central air in my house i tend to keep my PC next to an air vent when the ac is on WOOT
Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord- David

Moments Later...David:still standing...Goliath:PWNED

Offline MagicSquirrel07

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
Oh, and about my PC exploding...I was ROFL at that because my power supply actually DID explode about a year ago hahaha. But it was because it was defective. Thankfully nothing else was damaged lol. I think i'm able to push my PC so hard because i have about 8 cooling fans in my pc, one which is about 7 inches(on the top) and since i got central air in my house i tend to keep my PC next to an air vent when the ac is on WOOT

That happened to me too when I was young.  Didn't know much about PC's at the time, the PC basically went bang (literally) and I could smell burning  :o
Power supply basically decided it'd had enough of being alive and was going to take out as much stuff with it as it could!
Luckily its evil spree (only) managed to take out my network card (they weren't cheap as chips back then) along with the CNR slot on the motherboard it was installed in... Had to buy a PCI network card because anything you put in the slot after that died...
My mate brought round a spare PSU he had and installed it and thankfully it hadn't died completely.

Oh btw I still have that computer in my room... Anyone want to buy it :D :D :D
HAF X Nvidia Edition + Roccat Kone+ Mouse with matching green stripes
Custom Watercooled Intel 2600k @ 4.9GHz + Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 Motherboard + 16Gb Ballistix Tracer 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
ATI 5970 with quad waterblock mod/abuse
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Win 7 Professional x64, 256Gb Crucial M4 SSD, 500Gb + 1Tb HDD, 2Tb NAS
Dell U2711 27" 2560*1440 IPS Monitor & 23" 1920*1080 AOC TN monitor
Asus Xonar Essence ST + H6 Expansion board, Yamaha RX-V567 7.1 AV Reciever, Front: 2 * Mission Mx-2, Centre: Cambridge Audio s50, Rear: 2 * Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, Subwoofer: BK XLS200 equalised with Behringer Feedback Destroyer FBQ2496

Offline Barbaric Soul

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-0
    • Mechwarriorleagues.com
I do run it on a 19 inch LCD widescreen monitor if the good performance has something to do with the size of the monitor

It's not what size monitor that matters, it's what resolution you run at. The part where your monitor size come into play is the larger the monitor, the higher resolution it runs. I get +45 fps running my monitors 1920*1200 native resolution, but if I run a lower resolution, say 1440*900, I'll get around 80 fps.

As for upgrading, only thing I'd worry about with your system is a graphics card update. Your q6600 is more than capable of running ANY game available right now. You can get alittle more performance out of it by OC'ing it, but there isn't any real reason to replace it unless your gonna move up to the new I5 or I7 intel processors. Personally, if you can afford one, I'd look into either a ATI 5850 or 5870 card as a graphics card upgrade. I'm running a 5870 with a q9650 proc OC'ed to 3600mhz and 4gig ddr2 800 RAM.
Barbaric Soul
Director of Competition
www.Mechwarriorleagues.com