Author Topic: BA under terrain in Extremity; speed hack?; NO DRIVER name; speculation on lag  (Read 5366 times)

Offline Dragonlord

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +22/-4
  • My fears were confirmed yesterday when someone showed up with the name NO DRIVER (this being the name attached to targeted empty vehicles).

That's a game exploit (since abandoned assets have that designation) and should be avoided by any Players. Give the Player the option to change his Profile name to a unique name or simply ban the Player from the server.

Is there not a way for the server admins to simply blacklist names that are not wanted on the servers, so that anyone who tries to log on with such names will be unable to do so?
Corsair HX 850W PSU
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Socket-AM3           AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Six Core, 3,3GHZ/3,7GHz Turbo
Corsair SSD Force Series™ 3, 120GB                  Western Digital Caviar® Black 2TB
Gainward GeForce GTX 560Ti 2GB PhysX "Phantom"
Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 8GB (2x4GB)
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro                     Logitech Z906 THX Certified Speaker System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Offline (TLL)Siilk

• Techpriest software engineer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +140/-7
  • A single trueborn is an army by himself
    • My facebook profile
Is there not a way for the server admins to simply blacklist names that are not wanted on the servers, so that anyone who tries to log on with such names will be unable to do so?

Heh, that's a good idea. Not that I see a lot of NO DRIVERs out there, but you can never be too cautious.

"This Clan posses intelligence, the burning passion of true hunters, and a spirit that serves as a beacon to the rest. I mingle my blood with the Wolves."
- ilKhan Nicholas Kerensky, Strana Mechty, 2815

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
  • My fears were confirmed yesterday when someone showed up with the name NO DRIVER (this being the name attached to targeted empty vehicles).

That's a game exploit (since abandoned assets have that designation) and should be avoided by any Players. Give the Player the option to change his Profile name to a unique name or simply ban the Player from the server.

Not per standard. You can though add criterias to a Kick/Ban script as Seraph have done on TLL.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush