Author Topic: Anybody else get irked by this?  (Read 4434 times)

Offline Taemien

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +136/-1
  • Less pew pew, More Dakka!
Re: Anybody else get irked by this?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 09:39:00 PM »
He's never played the other video games much beyond MW2 and the Ghost Bear Expansion. So he has no clue to what the IS designations even are. He knows a few IS mechs, mainly the standard ones like the Atlas, Catapult, and Centurion (this because it basically one shot his 'Maddog'). Yeah CBT had some crazy scenes to it sometimes, you never knew what was going to turn out.

Offline ~SJ~ Amarus

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +40/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar's Loremaster
    • Clan Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 11:43:56 PM »
Its like rolling snake eyes and jamming your UAC 20...your like NOOOOO!!!!!

In short in matters battle armor, aerospace and omnimech
I am the very model of a rabid fan of Battletech
-Aposiopesis-
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Smoke_Jaguars/  

Offline Taemien

• Star Colonel
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 07:24:33 PM »
We don't talk about rolling snake eyes.  >:(

Offline ~SJ~ Amarus

• Star Captain
    • Clan Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 02:04:02 PM »
Damn straight!

But we do talk about, ammunition explosions!!!

One battle I was in, my Hellbringer was getting hit hard in the right torso, and it had a critical hit and guess what...AMMUNITION EXPLOSION!!! guess what kind?  200 rounds of MG ammunition blew my mech apart...effing MG ammunition!!! and no I didn't have CASE though I really wish I had.

-Aposiopesis-

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 02:26:43 PM »
Huh? Every Clan mech gets CASE if they carry ammo in the corresponding location automatically
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline ~SJ~ Amarus

• Star Captain
    • Clan Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 07:33:10 PM »
Nope, no case in this variant (trust me I was pissed that I didn't double check), plus my engine was already damaged so it wouldn't have taken much at that point to kill me I was just pissed it was MG ammunition

-Aposiopesis-

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »
Oh, gotta love MG ammo. Apparently the most explosive compound ever conceived by the human race ::)

Offline Taemien

• Star Colonel
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 06:40:42 AM »
Why does MGUN ammo come with 200 shots per ton? I mean hell, can't it be like 20 shots or something? Has anyone ever fired more then 20 shots with an MGUN in CBT?

Let me get a catapult (not the mech, the archaic siege device) and load a ton of MGUN ammo in it. Fling it at a mech and distribute the damage in 5pt clusters.

Offline HOUND

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 10:05:31 AM »
In my experience, (and practice) MG ammo was purged @ the start of your 1st round, for that very reason  - who wants 200 rnds of near useless ammo going crit in your torso.

Offline (TLL)Siilk

• Techpriest software engineer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +140/-7
  • A single trueborn is an army by himself
    • My facebook profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 01:40:22 PM »
Lots of MG ammo = lots of dead BAs. ;)

"This Clan posses intelligence, the burning passion of true hunters, and a spirit that serves as a beacon to the rest. I mingle my blood with the Wolves."
- ilKhan Nicholas Kerensky, Strana Mechty, 2815

Offline Aposiopesis

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +52/-0
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2010, 08:07:33 PM »
People who have played only MW3 and MW4 (or worse, only MW4) as their Battletech experience wanting to use that as their primary influence on the mechanics of a Battletech game. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have you on board, welcome, but...

It's time for your education :D

No, seriously, the ones who actually bother me are the ones like the above with no desire to move beyond the limits of the above 2 games. Ugh, pleeeease don't let that be the entirety of your Battletech existence. It's like having watched only The Phantom Menace as the entirety of your Star Wars experience, or only Star Trek V: The Final Frontier as the entirety of your Star Trek experience.

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 08:39:58 PM »
I hear you Apo.

Remember the poll when devs asked whether to go proper or MW4-style for the Maddog? A lot of people actually voted for the chin-turret-abomination! Blasphemy! I'm just glad there was an equally strong opinion to go for the proper look, or I wouldn't be playing MWLL today.

Offline Aposiopesis

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +52/-0
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 08:52:30 PM »
I hear you Apo.

Remember the poll when devs asked whether to go proper or MW4-style for the Maddog? A lot of people actually voted for the chin-turret-abomination! Blasphemy! I'm just glad there was an equally strong opinion to go for the proper look, or I wouldn't be playing MWLL today.

Ugh. It still has too many resembling features as it is, really, but at least that chin turret is absent. Thank god. It looks too 'tough' for what it is, though. The default Mad Dog is essentially a 50-55 ton mech with a few extra tons of LRMs jammed into the side torsos and would ideally look a bit more like such.. sleeker and leaner.

And alas, the same mentality brought an obscure, controversial second line mech in the Mk2 into MWLL over many more interesting clan designs. Ah, well. What's made is made.

And I can't take the Atlas seriously, either. Nevermind the swimming pool head; it's impossible to take a mech seriously when a side profile of it looks like Quasimodo. It needs to be a bit taller and straighter to look more impressive.

On the other hand, I love the visual recreations of all the tanks, and I love how some of the designs turned out (like the Nova Cat).

Offline ~SJ~ Amarus

• Star Captain
    • Clan Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2010, 02:06:28 PM »
People who have played only MW3 and MW4 (or worse, only MW4) as their Battletech experience wanting to use that as their primary influence on the mechanics of a Battletech game. Don't get me wrong, it's great to have you on board, welcome, but...

It's time for your education :D

No, seriously, the ones who actually bother me are the ones like the above with no desire to move beyond the limits of the above 2 games. Ugh, pleeeease don't let that be the entirety of your Battletech existence. It's like having watched only The Phantom Menace as the entirety of your Star Wars experience, or only Star Trek V: The Final Frontier as the entirety of your Star Trek experience.

I started playing mechwarrior two as my first BT experiance, then went in succession from every mechwarrior game...but in the dry spell between MW4 Merc and now I found a game shop and saw these things that were labeled battletech and it was as if my fusion engine had gone critical...I bought 200 bucks worth of mechs, paint books and glue, which after all was said and done wasn't a lot, but 200 bucks is a lot to drop in one day for just finding something...I was like holy hell where has CBT been my whole life...aparently right under my nose, if it was a snake it would have bit me years ago. ;D

But now I am converted and play a CBT battle every other weekend :)

-Aposiopesis-