Author Topic: Actionmaps.xml messed up!  (Read 3047 times)

Offline venhip

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Actionmaps.xml messed up!
« on: May 09, 2010, 05:30:24 PM »
I tried installing MWLL but i haven't got the 1.21 patch (I've lost my disc and am relying off a no disk crack so i cant reinstall crysis :(. i have actually bought the disc from a shop tho), i changed the actionmaps.XML file to the MWLL one but forgot to save a backup. Now the menu is messed up and i cant do anything on it :'(. could someone please send me an actionmaps.XML file from before they installed MWLL or point me to a place where i can get it. any help is appreciated.

venhip.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
Re: Actionmaps.xml messed up!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 06:26:21 PM »
You need Crysis patched for MWLL to run:
Crysis Patch 1.2
Crysis Hotfix 1.21

Also by deleting your Profile, and creating a new will create a new actionmap for you.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline venhip

• Bondsman
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 07:01:57 PM »
Its the fact that i cant install the patches because iv lost my disc, i cant create a new profile because on the main menu i can click on any of the tabs like single player and stuff but none of them have any buttons or anything in them, i dont know if it is the actionmaps.xml that is causeing this but iv unistalled MWLL and it dosnt seem to have changed :(

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »
Try hitting Alt+Tab twice to resize your Crysis window, this will force the Menu to refresh, or alternately change your resolution back to your native standard.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein

Offline venhip

• Bondsman
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 08:44:43 PM »
I'v tried resizing my window multiple times but nothing happens ( i noticed i didnt tell you the menu is that of the MWLL one, iv searched for a UI file but couldnt find one), also there is litteraly no options or buttons or anything in the different tabs in the menu. Thanks for the help so far.

venhip.

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 01:08:05 PM »
You have the shell for the ingame UI but not the contents of the Buy Menu, when running the MOD?

Does the UI elements appear on regurlar Crysis?

Offline venhip

• Bondsman
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 05:54:55 PM »
yea, if i run any mod or even the normal crysis the MWLL menu comes up (as i'v said bedore; with no buttons). Thanks for all the help so far.

venhip.

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 10:18:18 PM »
This is for Capper. Assume someones actionmaps are hopelessly borked for whatever reason. Any chance of you adding an option into the actionmapper tool that will write a default MWLL profile so the user can start fresh?

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline (TLL)Siilk

• Techpriest software engineer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +140/-7
  • A single trueborn is an army by himself
    • My facebook profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 06:16:56 AM »
This is for Capper. Assume someones actionmaps are hopelessly borked for whatever reason. Any chance of you adding an option into the actionmapper tool that will write a default MWLL profile so the user can start fresh?

I don't think there's a need for that, as crysis can generate default actionmaps.xml, if it was deleted from profile folder.

"This Clan posses intelligence, the burning passion of true hunters, and a spirit that serves as a beacon to the rest. I mingle my blood with the Wolves."
- ilKhan Nicholas Kerensky, Strana Mechty, 2815

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 11:04:29 AM »
Eh, I guess the answer to 'borked actionmaps' is 'delete the actionmaps' then? Whatever works I suppose, less work for Capper too..

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline venhip

• Bondsman
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 01:13:54 PM »
after much serching (and complaining to friends) i found i'd lent it to a mate lol. everythings ok now that i'v reinstalled it, thanks for your help everyone tho! ;D