Author Topic: Arr Pee? (Role play =0 )  (Read 3636 times)

Offline Ashes

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-3
Arr Pee? (Role play =0 )
« on: July 06, 2010, 02:12:19 PM »
Well, Since this is the Battletech forum and such i thought it may go here, Correct me if i'm wrong.

Anyway i think of my self as a Major Roleplayer, I have roleplayed through Starcraft, Starwars, Stargate, Warhammer 40K, Starwars was where i was 'specialized' Rping though Jedi Knight Academy under the name Gwethenea Shar'in

Basically i want to try Roleplaying the Battle Tech universe, With any one from the community with enough knowledge of BT Clan or IN Rp. I prefer Text Style Roleplays though MSN,X-fire or steam. If your interested, Just post here, And we can swap contact details.

And that link in my Characters name leads to the Biography of her, a sample really.

Offline (TLL)Sky_walker

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +66/-1
  • Close Range Attack Forces
    • MWLL Wiki
Re: Arr Pee? (Role play =0 )
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 05:29:23 PM »
i was 'specialized' Rping though Jedi Knight Academy under the name Gwethenea Shar'in
Ohhh... I was playing one of the Jedi Academy RP hosts, during first weeks of it's creation. It had a funky twi-lek bot, with which you could talk, or give it commands & stuff. In general it was great fun :) though JA lacks a little bit if not modded :/ but still it was a nice. (even with my poor english ;) )
So if anyone is up for it - I'd join willingly :)
MWLL Wiki Newsletter: Wiki suffers from spammers and lack of activity - change it now, jump in and contribute with something useful! :D

Proud to be C.R.A.P. inspiration # MWLL Wiki Admin # MWLL Alpha Tester # Dev Team # MWLL Defense Force Mercenary - Battlemech Barracks

Offline Rampage

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +26/-0
    • Rampage Computers
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 06:41:01 PM »
Well, Since this is the Battletech forum and such i thought it may go here, Correct me if i'm wrong.

Anyway i think of my self as a Major Roleplayer, I have roleplayed through Starcraft, Starwars, Stargate, Warhammer 40K, Starwars was where i was 'specialized' Rping though Jedi Knight Academy under the name Gwethenea Shar'in

Basically i want to try Roleplaying the Battle Tech universe, With any one from the community with enough knowledge of BT Clan or IN Rp. I prefer Text Style Roleplays though MSN,X-fire or steam. If your interested, Just post here, And we can swap contact details.

And that link in my Characters name leads to the Biography of her, a sample really.

I have never tried Text Role Playing. I do consider my BT knowledge, although recently gained, to be passable. I have basically created an entire roleplay backstory for Gamma Galaxy of Clan Hell's Horses (CHH). If you enjoy Fan Fiction or BT novels then you can give it a look here: http://hellshorses.net/forum/index.php?topic=401.0  This may or may not be similar to what you are talking about. At the very least it will give you an idea of my talent or lack of talent as a writer and roleplayer. I would be willing to give the text roleplay a try if there is someplace to learn things such as format and such.

Offline ~SJ~ Amarus

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +40/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar's Loremaster
    • Clan Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 09:21:38 PM »
I RP when ever possible...also where have you been???

So yeah add me to your RP roll call, I am pretty much my clan's loremaster so I will be a fountain of knowledge in all things clan related...but still with considerable knowledge of IS politics and what not.

In short in matters battle armor, aerospace and omnimech
I am the very model of a rabid fan of Battletech
-Aposiopesis-
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Smoke_Jaguars/  

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 09:23:26 PM »
How would RPing work with so few people from so many factions?

Offline HAARP

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +212/-1
  • I regret nothing
    • Clan Jade Wolf
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 09:47:43 PM »
Grand melee!

Also I started playing the official MechWarrior RPG a few weeks ago. Haven't gotten far yet but looks promising.
don't bother sending me PMs, I probably won't be reading them in time.

Offline Ashes

• MechWarrior
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 03:07:28 AM »
Well, to get the roleplaying to work my friend, Is to get a common lore that people would Follow, Something that brings characters together and such.

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 04:15:29 AM »
so should we start with a senario/setting? so we at least know what character roles are available to us?

Offline Ashes

• MechWarrior
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 06:23:07 AM »
Yes, Figuring out the Era, Which i don't mind it is, and Planet should be starters, With them 2 things, Faction/Houses/Clans whatever you like to call them is next.

Offline [MPB]OM_Sannyasi

• Senior Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-1
  • Settin standards for paid MW:O employees since 08'
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 06:28:24 AM »
where did u go on msn ash- we needs talk more

I make people earn their checks ;)

Offline Ashes

• MechWarrior
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 11:00:25 AM »
I forgot my password.... My new Msn/Windows live is atreide32@hotmail.com sanny my boy.

Offline ~SJ~ Amarus

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +40/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar's Loremaster
    • Clan Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 12:33:42 PM »
Yes, Figuring out the Era, Which i don't mind it is, and Planet should be starters, With them 2 things, Faction/Houses/Clans whatever you like to call them is next.

Doesn't matter what era, I can always justify my Smoke Jaguar character's existance 8)

In short in matters battle armor, aerospace and omnimech
I am the very model of a rabid fan of Battletech
-Aposiopesis-
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Smoke_Jaguars/  

Offline Ashes

• MechWarrior
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 03:17:18 AM »
Alright, Now what's a common lore then Amarus, What would all factions want? and be willing to even fight each other over it? use that clanner mind of yours!

Offline Rampage

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +26/-0
    • Rampage Computers
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 03:30:37 AM »
A Brian cache from the original SLDF. Hidden away on some Periphery world. Perhaps? With several different faction vying for possession of it.

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 03:49:32 AM »
Tukkayid.

Or the trials on Huntress.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod