Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Community created content / Re: make content for MW:LL HOWTO
« Last post by cest73 on Yesterday at 08:44:54 PM »
2. The late comments add no value

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7syJJrsmrts

The whole boards could deffo use a tidy up though, I'll start compiling a big old list.
@Bill,
sir! for a second or few, I thought those where our Vic and our Bob! O_o
Then I realized...

1:0 dude, You got me...
Chimera Prime; "Slow counter"
The key to this unit is the swap - use the massive MRM20 launcher only for mere final blows and rather on stationary targets. Exploit the zero lead of the powerful laser array (ERLBL + 2 ERMBL) to soften a spot first. The single MG can be effectively used both coupled with the medium lasers or alone against eventual stray BA.

Chimera A; "Weather-forecast",
An camper at the heart, this mech isn't quite an LRM boat, as the Chimera G. The ERPPC, reaching as far as 900m  provides quite significant support to the moderately powerful LRM15 launcher. The pair of medium lasers, if ever brought to bear, should serve as an reminder to keep the LRMs in check all the while the target stays within their range. Otherwise the missed salvo could, while reloading the launcher, waste an succeeding, more opportune moment.
Other than that, an excellent 2nd line support with quite a staying power, and a punch at a range.

Chimera B; "Umbrella",
Short ranged brawler with a extended pinch. Its primary role being an ECM counter measure, this unit packs quite a punch for a light support. A wary pilot could quite deliver a blow and duck one in this unit, thanks to it's improved Jump Jets package.
However, novices are advised to stay away of this units as its 7.5 tons of armor will not provide for long staying power, due to it's bulky silhouette and the need for an active radar to be of any AECM use.

Chimera C; "Uncle Ben's",
While the feeble 7.5 tons of armor won't last under any serious fire, it's standard PPC and the respectful MRM30 launcher will rack up a hefty price to any foe trying to oppose it.
The quad small beam lasers, while not quite a threat, will allow the warrior to try tip the scale the more often.
Chimera C is an excellent fire support unit, especially if neglected for any period of time, able to whittle down quite some armor even to an heavy-class mech in just few of its massive salvos. It's main weapons are effective up to medium ranges, although not quite so against fast moving targets.

Chimera D; "Uncle Sam",
This variant is screaming "distance is best armor", and it's mere 6.5 tons seem to confirm that. The pilot is strongly advised to hit & kit any contact and at any time.
Choosing light Gauss, or Extended LRM ammo, or just picking a ton of each, this unit promises quite some time and damage to a remote target. It's extreme range weapons are nicely complemented by each other, and both by the extended optics system. The MG pair is a backup should the unit be pestered by an battle armor or infantry.

Chimera E,
-provided-
note: has only single MBL now (don't ask)

Chimera F; "Jack of all trades",
A bit of everything, You name it this Chimera has it: Auto cannons, Extended range small lasers, Extended range medium lasers, SRM6 launchers, check, check, check. And at an affordable price too, short of 45000 c-bills this affordable multi talent mech packs it all.
Considerable from short up to medium range, and affordable at lower ranks this unit is expected to be commonly seen across the battle filed.

Chimera G; "Dish and squish!",
A guy calling this a camper would err and would err by much! This, while carrying two of the most formidable Inner Sphere long range weapons of the 31st century, is a brawler at the core. But not for the faint of heart!
Close in, deliver a deadly NARC beacon to the unsuspecting target and swiftly flee for cover. While the unfortunate enemy is trying to duck, join Your team mates in the deadly LRM shower, with occasionally adding insult to injury by means of the large X-pulse laser.

P.S.
To Wiki editors staff:
Edit, redact, proofread and post as found fit.
Events / Re: Chaos March 25-26 20:00 UTC
« Last post by duelist on Yesterday at 01:40:19 PM »
We start at 20:00 UTC for Chaos. But drop by if there is room for CSF/SJ four hours earlier. Saiph/WR and Capellans plays the first map. Then the veterans take a break for a meeting. Job openings for faction and drop commanders! Inqurie within....  Duchy/Blakists finish the night. Sunday Blakiss take on Duchy on planet Deneb Kaitos. More details later.
mwll.mekmaster.com teamspeak for voice comms.
« Last post by [IPA] Avatar on Yesterday at 09:36:26 AM »
but maybe let @Bird_Thing in advance know we up to something?
Well, he's on Disco(rd) all day every day, so feel free to buddy up with him.
« Last post by Bill on Yesterday at 12:14:13 AM »
Saitou is active on Discord,

I just noticed this, absolutely not who I am talking about as I apparently typed the wrong name.
« Last post by cest73 on March 24, 2017, 10:33:10 PM »
Well, I guess I could cram all in the first few posts later?

Still have to visit the 3dsMax and Sandbox2 materials for it to be complete :)

I admit you two are right again!

For the Wiki, let's see if I can put it to any complete form (gimme a week or so)?

but maybe let @Bird_Thing in advance know we up to something?
« Last post by Bill on March 24, 2017, 04:51:16 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7syJJrsmrts

The whole boards could deffo use a tidy up though, I'll start compiling a big old list.
« Last post by [IPA] Avatar on March 24, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »
I don't think our posts clutter up this thread, really, nor do I think they can just be moved to a different section. The point has been made your first 1-3 posts, so it's absolutely available for 3rd parthei readers.

If you feel this thread is sticky-worthy, I'd also assume it's wiki-appropriate, right? I'd encourage you to do a fact- and grammar-check on all the stuff you posted here, put it into a Word document and send it to one of the wiki editors, see what they think. I'd be happy to check it out, so feel free to harass me, but I don't have any experience with Blender and stuff. The one wiki editor I know has is Bird Thing. If you could do this, the community would greatly appreciate your work with many hugs and kisses. Actually, I already do: :-* :-* :-*
« Last post by cest73 on March 24, 2017, 10:58:37 AM »
Yeah, Discord is fapping useless for discussions like this. Too bad it's only the three of us now talking to each other here. I hope the new forums will be a bit more lively, it's still my preferred MO of interwebs communication.

Saitou is active on Discord, you can find him there. Look for my main boi Ivaan too, afaik he's the most active mapmaker nowadays, though I haven't seen him around lately.

New forums unless via redirect from this URL will have a tough time. This will for a long damn time be the top search result for damn near any combination of words entered for MWLL. The only thing lacking here is full moderator control which isn't REALLY needed. Hell I never had it.

Edit: If you guys ever need some shit done that I cando, just PM me or flag it for mod action with what you want done. I can clean up or archive old shit, sticky and unsticky, etc.
@Moderator,
With all due respect for the intentions and merit, may I politely ask this tread to receive a clean-sweep?
I hope all understand why?

From Bills mention of Discord up  this comment (inclusive?)

1. It's meant for 3rd party readers of less mileage than we have
3. Being clean, this thread maybe applies for sticky?

With all due and more respect, sincerely
fire-hound (a.k.a. cest73)

P.S.
I'm not against any of those comments per se, so if possible at all, copy them to an Toast or General theme or such?

« Last post by [IPA] Avatar on March 23, 2017, 11:29:07 AM »
New forums unless via redirect from this URL will have a tough time. This will for a long damn time be the top search result for damn near any combination of words entered for MWLL. The only thing lacking here is full moderator control which isn't REALLY needed. Hell I never had it.

Edit: If you guys ever need some shit done that I cando, just PM me or flag it for mod action with what you want done. I can clean up or archive old shit, sticky and unsticky, etc.
The whole infrastructure will be revamped (new website, new forums, new whatever), so I don't think getting traffic directed there will be much of a problem.

Cleaning up the place is actually a good idea. There are some unneccesarily stickied threads which contain old, false or irrelevant data.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10