Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: 090 changes in gameflow: shift of play style
« Last post by cest73 on October 29, 2017, 09:42:31 AM »
 ??? :"Mommie, where are the assaults gone?"
 :-* :"They're extinct by the balance shift..."
« Last post by Silvercraft on October 28, 2017, 09:10:49 PM »
- Reduction of max sell value (from 70% to 50%) has slowed down snowballing, somewhat.

- Final few ranks are really hard to achive now since xp requirements have been increased like +50%.

- Addition of new heavy mechs was right thing to do because that is what most people use for most of the match unless they have special role like scouting, back capping, etc.
Community created content / Re: MWLL Weapons/Vehicle Stats + Armor Values
« Last post by cest73 on October 27, 2017, 10:12:22 AM »
Is it that time already again?

well, yes and no :)

new outputs include a file listing XP (experience points) and spawn c-bills in rank order.

Other than that - all old news really  8)
« Last post by cest73 on October 27, 2017, 09:03:56 AM »
Well, that's a point i guess :)
« Last post by DeimosEvotec on October 27, 2017, 12:54:51 AM »
HVAC5s aren't implemented because invic saw no point in them, they are just worse light gauss rifles that are a bit cheaper, and their weight would prevent them from getting put on the ll+ac5 Uziel anyway because they would require 8 more tons of pod space compared to the ac5s.
« Last post by cest73 on October 26, 2017, 06:30:55 PM »
after few matches it seems like this to me:
1. Starter assets :
Code: [Select]
Solitaire is a "no go" since it became too susceptible to light weapon damage - few light lasers just tear it apart
Osiris C is a good in between starter (supreme mobility) and most of the hovers and tanks reign supreme.
2. RTB:
to successfully upgrade one has to "get home" with ~40k (37k...45k) instead the 27k from 0.8.x era3. Economy:
In current state (low refund for selling) the 10k share limit seems a bit "too cheap" IMO,
team banking won't prevent early assaults but the occasional gift might be lifted to at least 15k
4. Team balance:
not one single game I participated did end in proper full time without [b]heavy player switching[/b]
- needles to say, only the same old [b]responsible veterans[/b] do the switch, and others barely notice it.
 The bitter taste remains...
5. Faction balance:
Even new players say "just use clan tech", but I kind of like the Argus.6. Objections
There are variants for the Chimera and Argus to be desired for, and the Uziel too has some variants that are rarely seen even on the Chaos March battle fields.
The resurrected Catapult still has lore-true models that could make it to the game IMO (HPPC one can substitute the current ERPPC one)
HVAC5 (yet to come but trivial to implement) wold be nice on the sniper Uziel (instead AC5) and on an Owens/Osiris starter?
The Rommel has to go the Ares way and get rd of the skirt - or transform it not to register colliding to objects - other than that, the tanks is good IMO - love the artwork.
7. Commends
The new assets blend in nicely and the sounds really enhanced the immersion further yet (!)
The changes in the economy and game flow make for shorter (abruptly ending) and somewhat more brutal public games
The economy alone makes "early birds" fast into heavies and awards such advantage with assaults in about mid-game,
 those less lucky, or less skilled - no matter what, just kill-feed the "early birds" up to the (abrupt) game end.
 I wonder if this was the team's intention?
I personally made it to the "early birds", a couple of times really, and while "pleasantly awarded" for the early take off,
 I couldn't find any increasing challenge as the game rolled on
- it became evermore easy to sustain the advantage being granted ever more funds for upgrades after each "wave of the doomed" feed my teams score.
Team play, OTOH, remains as the sole refuge to the recent shift in mage balance
- if the team moves just right it might come back - provided the other team moves bad - otherwise it's all decided in the few first strafes.
General Discussion / Re: How did you guys do it.
« Last post by Bird_Thing on October 26, 2017, 02:59:52 AM »
how were you able to modify MWLL after the dev team split and went to different projects?
(I talked to good friend Kh0rn from MWO and he told me about people trying to find a way to add updates a long time ago)

Well, folks from the community got together and went ahead and revived this project on their own. Pretty much just that.
Ideas and Suggestions / Re: Asset Repair Truck
« Last post by AndrewBradd on October 25, 2017, 10:27:44 AM »
Really? Have more details?
General Discussion / Re: How did you guys do it.
« Last post by AndrewBradd on October 25, 2017, 10:26:29 AM »
Hi.i am newbie
General Discussion / Re: HEADS UP! Forum going down!
« Last post by ~SJ~ wangmauler on October 25, 2017, 06:53:11 AM »
If this site is indeed going down...I just want to leave my mark here, and say for the last time:

Turtle Aids. Poor Bartholomew...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10