phase one of play test concluded.
@duelist , please try host it on hunters for the better bandwidth for the other players to try?
- Tested with Windows and Linux/Wine clients -both seem to work.
- All "doors" seem to be immune to BA grenades whatsoever (confirmed)
- Old doors are wicked and damage vehicles and mechs when spun (and can kill BA)
- The new doors are somewhat erratic and picky - needs more testing - in regards to automated operation
- The elevators seem to be reliable in terms of carrying stuff (BA weapons and assets) but seem to stomp the APC into the ground?
- The switches need be called according to time delay and not the direction they call - as they work as toggles anyway.
- The turrets are about there damage wise (the mid Sentinel/Hellgiver theory seems to be good), but the number is still high - some of the turrets on Vanir need be made inactive ("middle row"), and the ATM turrets can be inactivated as well in "checker order" versus the laser turrets. No more turrets will be added to Vanir.
- The Aurora apparently has reached a stage to be good "as is", the turrets are both inaccurate and deprived of damage enough to not deprive fun, yet keep the game in check.
- We had limited test of MG-AMS system, it can be scaled x2 and still works (for stationary deployment), or used as is and put on mechs and stuff (instead the "hot" LAMS) - it shoots the BAs SRMs no problem. Needs further testing
- The drop ships need get AMS systems - a trio each.
- The sliding and revolving doors, apparently can't be scaled - they just loose their magic - instead, the objects need be scaled to fit, and the helping elements be placed accordingly - with out any scaling whatsoever.
- The sliding doors work via flowgraph, and are updated on both Server and client side - which, as it's known, can go astray on occasion, no help to that... They seem to recover however - none the less - after a while or a favorable event? ("Lostech effect")
- The switches for the elevator platforms are both fun and complicated in the same time - needs further testing
-Vanir's auto doors need marks on the floor to show where to stand to avoid them squashing the asset (what they will do otherwise) sort of like the cap zones have, same goes for the elevator inside
- I will no longer rename map folders for further releases - to avoid errors and double work - the XML will hold the map version to be compared to the zip archive name. This method should be accepted to map guidelines on the wiki too.
- Would the turrets eventually be examined and endorsed into an future release, map deployment would be back to usual business (the doors and elevators are contained in the map folder) and we miss on turret art anyway? This way we would have an gamut of most turrets viable for any further drop ship of fortress of any kind?
- Vanir will receive one anti BA turret to discourage air capture (which can be disabled if desired)
- Both drop ships are brushes and consist of *.cgf art - so they can't be made flyable objects (yet)
An Xerces has been successfully landed inside the Vanir during the play test.
Any further suggestions and feedback are welcome and will be evaluated if placed in this thread.
Kindest thanks to all who attended the play test, and others who do it later on Huntress.