The test has begun, huntress host it a while a go.
In case anyone is interested:
1. Test how the elevators sync among players
2. Try all BA grenades on all elevators as much as possible - if they will break
3. Try Long Tom and other tanks in both dropships both to spawn and to return.
4. The map's play-value and game-flow are of lesser importance in this release.
5. The both dropships have spawn access despite captured by enemy team- this is intentional to ease testing.
Bugs and objections discovered so far:
1. Yes the elevators are "watery" -this is a workaround for the C8 bug - I await (tho without any hope) a new material to replace mat_water in this regard.
2. The Harasser, if spawn on a lowered mech module floor in Aurora - will bounce off and flip - it's a feature really, be sure to lift the floor before spawn a asset. If I could find a way I would like to have the bay lift it's floor on asset-spawn.
3. All elevators could be made to move slower - maybe even 50% of current speed.
4. The info panels might be "slowed down", or, more frames might be inserted at the current FPS, which is ranging from 1 down to 0.8 FPS (depends on which clip).
5. The turrets seem to be in check - not too powerful while still present as an threat.
6. We had an elevator dislodge on Aurora, but where unable to replicate it - so it might be a glitch
7. Need to shroud consoles in solids in Vanir top spawn point
8. Need to provide door triggering for Morrigu when exiting with closed doors in Vanir, due driver entity is further back.
9. Need to consider explosive entities inside Aurora (still have to get nuked mechs there)
10. Need to check if repair on landing strip of Vanir can be enabled for ASF.
Should everything fail:
A. The Aurora can be used as motionless Brush only spawn base and/or repair point.
B. The Vanir, likewise, can be used as a motionless ASF spawn base (2 bays strong) with or without ground assets repair on the elevator put on the lower deck as an static brush - and both of the doors affixed in the open position.
C. The turrets and the particle effects give the ships an mild notion of life and operation ability.
Everything more than that I would take as a bonus.
edit: Long Tom