Author Topic: Game doesn't load / launch properly  (Read 5964 times)

Offline TankGun

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
Re: Game doesn't load / launch properly
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 06:51:43 PM »
See I have somewhat the same issue but slowly it began to be fixed, for the first time after getting the latest updates and forcing the launcher in Windows vista service pack 2 I was able to log on to multiplayer but when I tried to join a server it would crash and say crysis stopped working and the normal windows none helpful box.

So then I ran it just as Vista and tried again, the game crashed. I then went on to an empty server, which was running (canít remember map name) but it was a swamp like map with two drop ships per side and I managed to spawn a Uziel and walk around and use my gunís a bit.

But once I hit a few other keyís like eject and such it then crashed and now refuses to even log in to multiplayer with the same crash excuse/reason/problem etc.

I hope posting this in here is ok sense in a way I too had problems like him till this point and saw no need to start a new topic. :)

Can you please tell me why itís doing this and thank you in advance. ;D
TankGun

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 12:28:00 AM »
You tried moving your Profile(s) (in My Documents/My Games/Crysis/Profiles/) to another location restart the launcher/game, and create a new profile?

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline TankGun

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 01:18:20 AM »
No, but I did not try it because I had freshly installed my crysis and MWLL and as such their was no profile but I can try that anyway.

EDIT: My crysis even crashes when making a new profile for some odd reason >:(

EDIT 2: Come to think of it, it seems to do it even when graphic settings are changed, have yet to see if t does it to sound settings. This seems to be a general issue with crysis which now makes finding it out harder then if it was just the mod.

EDIT 3: Sorry to be editing so much but yes it also crashed and gave same error message after attempting to apply a new music level, this is very annoying and most of all odd. Any help you can give me is most apperciated.

Ok did some reading up and found out its all AVG's fault, when I disable Resident Shield I'm able to do everything no problem, this is odd but at least I can now play both un modded and modded crysis without issue. However it seems I cannot run it in 64 bit mode however even with Resident shield disabled.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 03:12:55 AM by TankGun »

Offline Mekabuser=12thVR=

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +44/-0
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 04:35:33 AM »
my launcher has started acting up lately .. When i press will get error msg. this started out of the blue after working for months with no problem . Any thoughts?

Offline (Wilson)

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +60/-0
  • The Man
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 07:18:50 AM »
What is the specific error that you are getting Mekabuser TK ? In what way is the launcher misbehaving for you, does it still launch the game or does it crash out completely or just generate an error msg ?

Were there some updates to your PC ( .NET framework maybe ? ) around the time it stopped working. Any updates shouldnt affect it though, as far as I'm aware. I am running Vista home premium 32bit fully updated with all the optionals and no problems here.

It could just be that a file or piece of data somewhere has been corrupted, but without a specific error msg it's hard to give you anything specific to try I'm sorry.
"Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment ó that which they cannot anticipate"
- Attributed to Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 04:32:03 AM »
Are the two people having issues getting even Crysis to run using 64bit Windows? From my readings, 1.21 hotfix is for 32 bit systems only.

32bit:

Crysis install
patch to 1.2
patch to 1.21
install MWLL 0.3.0
install MWLL 0.3.1
install MWLL 0.3.2

64bit:
Crysis install
patch to 1.2
install MWLL 0.3.0
install MWLL 0.3.1
install MWLL 0.3.2

Are you running AVG? You will need to disable the realtime protection on your profile folder, which should be in My Documents\My Games\Crysis\Profiles

Mekabuser TK

Have you got a shortcut to just Crysis sitting around that you can modify to go straight into the game without using the launcher?

Should be something like ".....\...\....\...\Crysis.exe" -mod mwll -dx9

The -dx9 flag should be ignored if you prefer to run dx10 mode, in which case adding just -mod mwll to your Crysis shortcut will do the trick.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 12:37:42 PM »
Crysis comes with either both versions 64 and 32 or just 32bit when running Steam. You still have to install both patches even if you plan to run the 64 bit version.

Are the two people having issues getting even Crysis to run using 64bit Windows? From my readings, 1.21 hotfix is for 32 bit systems only.

32bit:

Crysis install
patch to 1.2
patch to 1.21
install MWLL 0.3.0
install MWLL 0.3.1
install MWLL 0.3.2

64bit:
Crysis install
patch to 1.2
install MWLL 0.3.0
install MWLL 0.3.1
install MWLL 0.3.2

Are you running AVG? You will need to disable the realtime protection on your profile folder, which should be in My Documents\My Games\Crysis\Profiles

Mekabuser TK

Have you got a shortcut to just Crysis sitting around that you can modify to go straight into the game without using the launcher?

Should be something like ".....\...\....\...\Crysis.exe" -mod mwll -dx9

The -dx9 flag should be ignored if you prefer to run dx10 mode, in which case adding just -mod mwll to your Crysis shortcut will do the trick.
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...