Author Topic: All right, I admit it: BT Universe Help!  (Read 4390 times)

Offline MatthewPryde

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +66/-0
Re: All right, I admit it: BT Universe Help!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 12:20:05 AM »
At least when they are sleeping, or politically
Comstar: Star Colonel Matthew Pryde, Commander of the 1st Peregrine Strikers, Delta Galaxy

Offline ~SJ~ Amarus

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +40/-0
  • Clan Smoke Jaguar's Loremaster
    • Clan Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 02:14:12 PM »
The demoralizing loss to the IS faction (specifically to Victor) could have changed the whole outcome of the war on many fronts.  Hell it could have accelerated Sun Tzu plans for the St. Ives Compact as well causing a large enough fracture in the Star League before Operation Bulldog and Serpent.

SQUARE I THINK I LOVE YOU!!! Someone else loving on the Jags...makes me wanna cry...too bad us Jags have our tear ducts removed when we earn warrior status *squints really hard to try to cry* nope...nothing...BUT I STILL LOVE YOU!

In short in matters battle armor, aerospace and omnimech
I am the very model of a rabid fan of Battletech
-Aposiopesis-
http://z9.invisionfree.com/Smoke_Jaguars/  

Offline ~SJ~ Riker

• Penalty bench
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +16/-0
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 03:15:37 PM »
*handing out the cherry flavored lube samples*

I can smell the love in here...

Offline ~SJ~ Wolf

• Penalty bench
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +148/-2
  • The HNIC of Toast is too baller for avatars.
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 03:31:37 PM »
The demoralizing loss to the IS faction (specifically to Victor) could have changed the whole outcome of the war on many fronts.  Hell it could have accelerated Sun Tzu plans for the St. Ives Compact as well causing a large enough fracture in the Star League before Operation Bulldog and Serpent.

SQUARE I THINK I LOVE YOU!!! Someone else loving on the Jags...makes me wanna cry...too bad us Jags have our tear ducts removed when we earn warrior status *squints really hard to try to cry* nope...nothing...BUT I STILL LOVE YOU!

Funny how you forgot that the wolves stood with your spintered and nearly beaten units when they were run off their own worlds, and against Square's beloved St Ives Compact no less. 

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 08:05:38 PM »
oh ho!  but I'm talking about Kai with the JFs!  Without the Kai there's no realistic way the Lancers could have created a draw against the Wolves during the Trial on Strana Mechty.

Hell I doubt Victor could have become the leader he needed to be to help the idea of the SL move along.  On a side note without his vote, Sun Tzu wouldn't have become the 1st First Lord.  How different would Operation Bulldog and Serpent been if Katrina would have been First Lord?  No doubt she'd want Lyran worlds free which would clearly have targeted the  JF.  On how delicious the irony if Victor had to fight Kai's JFs :D

Offline DFDelta

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +145/-1
  • Wiki Staff
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 09:11:31 PM »
Hell I doubt Victor could have become the leader he needed to be to help the idea of the SL move along.  On a side note without his vote, Sun Tzu wouldn't have become the 1st First Lord.  How different would Operation Bulldog and Serpent been if Katrina would have been First Lord?  No doubt she'd want Lyran worlds free which would clearly have targeted the  JF.  On how delicious the irony if Victor had to fight Kai's JFs :D

Kai would have won and the universe would have one huge problem less to worry about (our annoying midget prince Victor... ;D).
Me likes.
Join the MWLL wiki today, your contributions will make the wiki a better place.

In Lyran Commonwealth, Atlas scouts you.

Offline MatthewPryde

• Lance Captain
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 09:24:30 PM »
Yeah the only reason they did NOT target the Falcons in Serpent is because they did not actually think they would win, they expected a Japan WWII style fighting for every single inch of land at deplorable losses. Which would probably have happened. But they did not know that Wolf and Falcon had broken each other down to nothing by pointlessly fighting each other. So they ended up fighting the MOST capable unit to handle them at the time. Which IMO, SJ should have won, seriously
Comstar: Star Colonel Matthew Pryde, Commander of the 1st Peregrine Strikers, Delta Galaxy

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 10:22:13 PM »
I don't see how SJ would have won without abandoning worlds without fighting to consolidate forces.  The IS just out man/materialed them in Bulldog and set an operational tempo that wouldn't allow SJ reinforcements to be a factor.  By all rights the IS could have still won without Serpent.  Sure SJ reinforcements might have made the fighting harder once they left IS space. But I can't imagine the losses being heavier than having all of Serpent basically wiped out.

Offline MatthewPryde

• Lance Captain
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 10:30:21 PM »
Yeah the thing I have a hard time believing is when they show up in clan space, how they are not immediately engaged by CHHS, Ice Hellions, Snow Ravens and the MULTITUDE of clans just itching to fight the inner sphere.

Also, a battlegroup may be engaged by clan forces by clan law. So they could have fought serpent while they were engaged on huntress. Further, the destruction of huntress would not have destroyed the clan. Just as sacking tharkad wouldn't destroy the Lyran Alliance.

Realistically I would see a pullback of forces, coupled with a loss of some of the OZ, but a very dead taskforce serpent.