Author Topic: Sandhurst RMC (MW Academy): Trainers and Classes  (Read 19025 times)

Offline Cowboy

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +11/-0
  • Wheelman Extrordinaire
Re: Sandhurst RMC (MW Academy): Trainers and Classes
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 07:37:45 PM »
Wow, thank you Toasterpastries and the entire TLL crew.  I'll keep a small 12 player server up for impromptu sessions, but we'll work with Neongod and his unit to set up the first official session.
"I'm a Cowboy, on a steel horse I ride."

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 09:01:04 PM »
WOW thanks a lot guys :3

Offline dCK-Ad_Hominem

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +16/-0
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 11:34:58 PM »
So are there actually people who would like to participate in such a class?

Offline Cowboy

• Recruit
  • Wheelman Extrordinaire
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 01:34:41 AM »
Right now we've got a single player interested in GMT+1 and Clan Wolf in GMT-6 through GMT-8.

dsaZeus has expressed serious interested in a GMT+1 trainer.  We currently have 4 trainers who qualify:  ~SJ~Atlessa, dCK-Ad_Hominem, 7.[WD]Cygma, and (TLL) Skywalker.  I'll leave it up to whever wants to volunteer to speak up and PM myself and dsaZeus to set up a time.  I'll have the Sandhurst RMC server available, but if the (TLL) server is a better ping, please contact (TLL)Toasterpastries.

Clan Wolf via Neongod has expressed interest in bringing several of their players through refresher training as many of them have not had time to knock the rust off their joints in 0.4.0.  They are GMT-6 through -8, so potential trainers include myself, Squaresphere, (TLL) Leeko, (TLL) Toasterpastries, (TLL)-AAA-, and (TLL)TheLastSnowman.  I'd like to be in these trainings if I can attend around my evening work schedule, but I'd really like to see one of the more experienced players be the lead trainer on this and I'll come in as a targeting dummy and hopefully learn a few things myself.  Plus, I can't effectively evaluate a program if I'm teaching most of it, one of my biggest personal flaws is failing to see my own shortcomings even if I know they are there.  Again, please PM myself and Neongod and we'll get time set up.  The RMC server is GMT-7, so ping should be decent.  It's set for 12 players right now, but if we need to increase it I can.

Offline ~SJ~ Atlessa

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +80/-1
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 03:58:45 AM »
dsaZeus has expressed serious interested in a GMT+1 trainer.  We currently have 4 trainers who qualify:  ~SJ~Atlessa, dCK-Ad_Hominem, 7.[WD]Cygma, and (TLL) Skywalker.  I'll leave it up to whever wants to volunteer to speak up and PM myself and dsaZeus to set up a time. 

He already contacted me via PM, so I'm guess that pretty much settles it: I got my first student :D

Now all we need is to get the "practice grounds" set to a decent map (sandblasted?) and, most importantly; to ToS

Also I'm willing and able to help in the GMT-8 region... I've always been a night-owl :D

In soviet clanspace, trinary bids you.

Offline Cowboy

• Recruit
  • Wheelman Extrordinaire
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 04:14:54 AM »
That's great, Atlessa!!!  When I get home tonight (about 3 1/2 hours from now) I'll set the rotating map to Sandblasted and Test of Strength.

Offline Snow Gibbon

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-8
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 05:51:30 AM »
I guess I'm a half decent player and know most tricks, but my timezone isn't gonna be much help. I live in Sydney, having a GMT of +10. Unless if you need a trainer for other Aussies or need an off-peak trainer whilst you're all asleep, I'm not gonna be that useful.
12th Vegan Rangers - Missile spam is the best kind of spam!

Offline Cowboy

• Recruit
  • Wheelman Extrordinaire
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 08:32:10 PM »
We can definitely use an Oz trainer, Snow Gibbon. :)  I'll add you to the list, I'm sure something will come out as the 0.4.3 and 0.4.4 patch continue to be popular.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 10:42:53 PM »
In addition to the classes perhaps you could consider a video tutorial series, akin the KingLeer's Steel Battalion ones (Which if i may add if he reads this were very professional)?

I for one found the initial two parter video that went into the basics very helpful, if only to let me know the differences between MWLL and the MW games.

Just an idea, but it's something i'd be willing to assist on.

Offline Cowboy

• Recruit
  • Wheelman Extrordinaire
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 02:10:02 AM »
That would be great.  There are some folks who want to play without really interacting with the community, so video tutorials would be helpful to handle them and also cover things that individual trainers may miss. 

Offline Snow Gibbon

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +37/-8
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 05:48:20 AM »
Kinda obvious, but since no one has said it yet, I suggest that we put "SRMC" in our in-game names so students and seasoned players can find us if they want to ask us questions.
12th Vegan Rangers - Missile spam is the best kind of spam!

Offline dCK-Ad_Hominem

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +16/-0
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 12:12:54 PM »
I intended to make such a series of videos, but Camstudio can't handle the awesomeness of MWLL and I thus am not able to :(.

@Snow Gibbon: Okay, but then let's agree on puting it in brackets at the end of the name la: dCK-Ad_Hominem(SRMC)

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 05:50:18 PM »
pssh i don't need no tag, EVERYONE on the internets knows SquareSphere is MWLL certified(unoffical) awesome. ;)

Offline aTolyK

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +13/-0
  • Prepare to be confused
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 03:42:32 PM »
lol

and: look at this (new thread) and this (original thread) 'cause this could overlap a bit...  ;)
Are we here yet?

Dwarf Fortress: The weak shall be culled, so the strong can have nicer socks.

I killed stuff with Sparrowhawks in 0.3.2

Offline ~SJ~ Wolf

• Penalty bench
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +148/-2
  • The HNIC of Toast is too baller for avatars.
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 04:19:18 PM »
I would like to volunteer to help out. I'm mostly a middle of the road player, so not sure what I can do specifically. Just let me know where a gap is, and I will try and fill it.