Author Topic: Sandhurst RMC (MW Academy): New Student Information  (Read 18502 times)

Offline SquareSphere

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +228/-6
  • pancake slinging, Square (care) Bear of MWLL
    • 12th Vegan Rangers - Boards
Re: Sandhurst RMC (MW Academy): New Student Information
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 08:58:42 PM »
thanks Knightmare, can you switch it to Sandblast?  There's a bit more flat leg room to teach in.  I can host a TS server for my classes. thanks though!

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 10:13:14 PM »
ok im new in this Game, played some Games but i allways get crushed like hell. So how i get a Trainer? My Time Zone is GMT +1. The only i can Sponsor is a TS 3 Server and my poor Skills :).

western europe, maybe even germany?

I'm german, and willing to help out.
If you need assistance/target send a PM.
<Insert cool content here>

Offline GB-72AT Talon

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
  • Don't quote me on this.....
    • GB72nd Assault Trinary
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 02:00:34 AM »
Hey I want in I suck usually, not a beginner, I just don't really give a damn about winning.....I just love playing!   If I get a kill yay....if not yay....

Thing is the LongTom escapes me.  I don't even know where to begin with it.  I get the control to deploy......its after that....I'm shooting off into nowhere, can't target anything, and my teammates are screaming Talon stop shooting us!!!!!  LOL....so I don't use it....cause I can't figure it out.

Sure it felt different but so did my wife after the kids were born. A little loose but it still gets me off every time. -- Suspect

Offline Warhammer WHM-6R

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +14/-0
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 04:53:28 PM »
Clearcut is good with lots of open spaces but it had a lot of issues with lag so it might not be the best map for teaching. Marshes is too dark. Mirage is good too. there are a lot of open areas that most people never use because they are "hidden" in a corner. To the south of the clan base after a few hills is a great spot. Sandblasted is also a good map but very hilly too.

The great thing about Mirage and Sandblasted is that there is no night so your trainees can always see you.

Bondsman of the Clan Jade Falcon

Offline Crow

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 01:43:59 AM »
Great idea! Found out about the mod and lurked in forums for a while and bought "Wars". I don't have much experience as an online player so far, so I'm looking forward to getting stomped repeatedly. Is there no way to practice before  you enter the  "wild west" of MWLL? Is the best course of action to enroll  in Sandhurst RMC to get the basics...then get stomped?   ;)

-8 Time Zone

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 03:38:57 AM »
If you already have covered the basics you could also just ask one of the trainers in the trainers thread for a training session for their specialty. Or if you just want to practice something without the chaos of a public game, i (and probably other trainers as well) would be open to that too.
<Insert cool content here>

Offline Crow

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 11:46:54 PM »
Great! Thanks for the offer to help!

Offline (TLL)TheLastSnowman

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +8/-0
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 01:20:48 AM »
I'm just going to throw this in here. I am a trainer and I know that at least a couple other trainers feel this way too. If you want training please CONTACT US. Don't expect us to get in contact with you just cause you post here. We try to keep up with the forums but there is no guarantee that we will not miss someone who wants to be trained. Thus please if you want to be trained send a PM to a trainer or a couple of trainers and we'll do our best to get you ready to fight :)

Offline Warhammer WHM-6R

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +14/-0
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 12:51:27 PM »
I'm just going to throw this in here. I am a trainer and I know that at least a couple other trainers feel this way too. If you want training please CONTACT US. Don't expect us to get in contact with you just cause you post here. We try to keep up with the forums but there is no guarantee that we will not miss someone who wants to be trained. Thus please if you want to be trained send a PM to a trainer or a couple of trainers and we'll do our best to get you ready to fight :)

+1

There is a new table of trainers and timezones that will shortly be added to the original post to make it easier to find us.

Bondsman of the Clan Jade Falcon

Offline Blu_Haze

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-0
  • Rawr
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 07:04:02 AM »

QFT

Any new cadets reading this thread are always welcome to send me a private message here on the forums if they have any questions at all, or even if they want to hop on a server for some help with practicing anything.

I'm sure most of the other trainers feel the same way.

Offline GB-Bear

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-0
  • Yusss.
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 08:01:45 AM »
yay. I'm glad I found this. I really need a trainer!!!

Maybe if this evolves enough, you guys can get a level specially designed to train people. That would be so cool!  ;D

Offline Blu_Haze

• Recruit
  • Rawr
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 08:06:56 AM »
yay. I'm glad I found this. I really need a trainer!!!

Maybe if this evolves enough, you guys can get a level specially designed to train people. That would be so cool!  ;D

Send me a PM and we can work out a schedule to meet up.

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2011, 08:13:38 AM »
Apparently someone says I suck :P

Do you guys do "advanced training" or no?

Offline GB-Bear

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-0
  • Yusss.
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2011, 08:18:05 AM »
a previous poster said something about getting with a trainer so they can teach their "Specialty" or whatever they are good at if you already know the basics. Probably going over good technique rather than just how to do the basic things. So I'd say yes. But I'm not a trainer :D

Offline Blu_Haze

• Recruit
  • Rawr
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2011, 08:23:58 AM »
Apparently someone says I suck :P

Do you guys do "advanced training" or no?

heh, well did they happen to mention why they think you suck?  :p