Author Topic: MWLL.AutoUpdater.exe crashing  (Read 30461 times)

Offline Zverofaust

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +5/-0
MWLL.AutoUpdater.exe crashing
« on: December 29, 2010, 11:05:11 PM »
I am making this post for a friend.

Whenever he tries to launch AutoUpdater it immediately brings up a "MWLL.Autoupdater.exe has stopped responding" error message and shuts down. He has tried redownloading the autoupdater installer several times. He's tried running it in compatibility mode and as administrator. He has Windows 7.

Any ideas?

Offline [CW]Outlaw

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-1
Re: MWLL.AutoUpdater.exe crashing
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 04:19:42 AM »
Having the same problem here, on XP

FIXED: I resolved it by deleting the MWLL folder in the Crysis Wars Mods folder, then re-installed the launcher, worked on the second try, so my guess is to keep trying 'til it works.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 04:26:38 AM by Blanc »
Former Commanding Officer- Storm Riders
Star Commander Outlaw
13th Wolf Guards "The Wolf Spiders"

If you see ME not in a Summoner, Hellbringer or Kit Fox, double your caution.
--------------------------------
DCM Crow (NBT) Ret.

Offline ShdNx

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +27/-0
  • 0x2B || !0x2B
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 12:37:07 PM »
Make sure he has the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed on his machine (note that .NET 4.0 doesn't work currently). Apart from that, I really don't have any other ideas.
Please let me know if that doesn't fix the issue (also try what Blanc suggested above).
External tools lead developer

Klingon Programmer:
What is this talk of release? Klingons do not release software. Our software escapes leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
(Stackoverflow.com)

Offline McScwizzy

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 06:11:27 PM »
I am having the same problem. My problem is though it will launch the autoupdater it will download for about 5 minutes then I get an error message, but I found out that if I let it set, it will still download the files. I just found this out so hopefully I can get this game running after it gets done downloading. I am not quite sure why I am having this problem.

Offline Zverofaust

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 01:56:56 AM »
He has .NET Framework 3.5 and he's tried wiping the MWLL folder and redownloading the installer, it still doesn't work.

The message he gets is "MWLL.AutoUpdater.exe has stopped working", and it comes up immedetiately after launching it, whether via the installer "Click here to run AutoUpdater" or launching the actual .exe...

It might just be his computer, cuz there's not much else info to give.

EDIT: as an aside, is there a way to download the mod without the use of the autoupdater?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:04:06 AM by Zverofaust »

Offline ShdNx

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Sergeant
  • 0x2B || !0x2B
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 12:17:43 PM »
I am having the same problem. My problem is though it will launch the autoupdater it will download for about 5 minutes then I get an error message, but I found out that if I let it set, it will still download the files. I just found this out so hopefully I can get this game running after it gets done downloading. I am not quite sure why I am having this problem.

I'm investigating numerous error reports, which I'll fix asap. It can happen that an error arises while the Auto Updater is running, but it's still able to recover and continue its work.

He has .NET Framework 3.5 and he's tried wiping the MWLL folder and redownloading the installer, it still doesn't work.

The message he gets is "MWLL.AutoUpdater.exe has stopped working", and it comes up immedetiately after launching it, whether via the installer "Click here to run AutoUpdater" or launching the actual .exe...

It might just be his computer, cuz there's not much else info to give.

EDIT: as an aside, is there a way to download the mod without the use of the autoupdater?

That is most interesting. Perhaps you could check if the Auto Updater generated a log file? It should be at C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\My Games\MWLL\Launcher.
Can he add me on MSN? My address is kozargabor <at> gmail <dot> com. I'd like to investigate that problem more closely, though I won't have that much free time in the upcoming weeks, so it's possible that I cannot begin debugging that issue soon.

Klingon Programmer:
What is this talk of release? Klingons do not release software. Our software escapes leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality assurance people in its wake.
(Stackoverflow.com)

Offline Zverofaust

• Recruit
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 08:06:32 PM »
A log file was indeed made. It says:

"Warning: Launcher initialization aborted, launcher is not recognized to be in its desired location"

He doesn't have MSN, but has Steam and our ventrillo server if you're willing to hop on there.

Offline ShdNx

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Sergeant
  • 0x2B || !0x2B
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 12:33:37 PM »
A log file was indeed made. It says:

"Warning: Launcher initialization aborted, launcher is not recognized to be in its desired location"

He doesn't have MSN, but has Steam and our ventrillo server if you're willing to hop on there.

I suppose that's in MWLL.Launcher.exe.log. :) I'm interested in MWLL.AutoUpdater.exe.log (and MWLL.AutoUpdater.Worker.exe.log should that exist too) - since, according to your report, it's the one crashing - and please attach the whole logfile (or both) to your post.

How about Skype, GTalk or TS?

Klingon Programmer:
(Stackoverflow.com)

Offline clamallergy

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 05:02:44 PM »
Hi guys,

i'm having a similar prob as well with the auto updater crashing. i've got it working til 0.4.1.

when i fired up the updater it detected 0.4.2 update and when i clicked on yes to download a crash screen appears...

here are my log files...

kindly help... thanks a lot!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 05:06:54 PM »
Hi guys,

i'm having a similar prob as well with the auto updater crashing. i've got it working til 0.4.1.

when i fired up the updater it detected 0.4.2 update and when i clicked on yes to download a crash screen appears...

here are my log files...

Thanks for the logs! I am not the .NET guy but I am sure he will take a look as soon as he is done with school work :)
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...

Offline ShdNx

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Sergeant
  • 0x2B || !0x2B
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 08:08:10 PM »
Hi guys,

here are my log files...

Thank you very much for the log files, they are very useful, and will help an awful lot when I actually get to fix these issues.
My apologies for the late response, but I'm really really overwhelmed by IRL matters these days. Please note that you'll have to a few weeks for the fix.
Until then, you should be able to download the build and update packages, from these URLs:
http://www.mwlldownload.com/download/MWLL-OpenBeta-Full-0.4.0.zip
http://www.mwlldownload.com/download/MWLL-OpenBeta-Patch-0.4.1.zip
... etc, you see the pattern.

Please, please stop using these for direct download as soon as you have a working Auto Updater. The Auto Updater does (and will do) a lot more than just download and extract these files. We're almost certainly going to prohibit direct download.

Thank you for your understanding.

Klingon Programmer:
(Stackoverflow.com)

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 08:29:20 PM »
As mentioned this is just a workaround! He already mentioned that the auto updater does more than just extracting the files so please only use these links to get the files if the updater completely fails to run.
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...

Offline Springer Prime

• Recruit
  • "'I've got better things tonight than Die.'"
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 03:42:13 PM »
Im having simmular and additional issues.  versions of 3.+ all worked fine,  I lost my Crysis disk for a while after moving.  i Got it, and noticed you all went to 4.3 or so.  So i dl everything, deleted my MLL folder, reinstalled it, dl then entire build for it. (took all night with my current crappy Dsl) and not the autoupdater crashes every time.  it doesnt read that the build is even there.  It then crashes.

1) launcher Error. does not detect build in folder.  Run Auto updater (yes)
2) MLL build 0.4.0 Available.  Want to Dl (yes)
3) MWLL.autoupdater has detected a user defined break point.  Stopped working
4) an Unexpected Runtime error occured while running the updater... Issue Automatically reported to Developer  Want to Restart (yes)
5) restarts loop from hell.

Using Vista Ive deleted everything and dl the entire build twice.  and it still wont work. *growls*

Springer Prime
Springer Prime
After there was Optimus, then there was Rodimus, and then there was me.

Offline ShdNx

• Lead Developer
  • Lance Sergeant
  • 0x2B || !0x2B
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 03:47:38 PM »
Im having simmular and additional issues.  versions of 3.+ all worked fine,  I lost my Crysis disk for a while after moving.  i Got it, and noticed you all went to 4.3 or so.  So i dl everything, deleted my MLL folder, reinstalled it, dl then entire build for it. (took all night with my current crappy Dsl) and not the autoupdater crashes every time.  it doesnt read that the build is even there.  It then crashes.

1) launcher Error. does not detect build in folder.  Run Auto updater (yes)
2) MLL build 0.4.0 Available.  Want to Dl (yes)
3) MWLL.autoupdater has detected a user defined break point.  Stopped working
4) an Unexpected Runtime error occured while running the updater... Issue Automatically reported to Developer  Want to Restart (yes)
5) restarts loop from hell.

Using Vista Ive deleted everything and dl the entire build twice.  and it still wont work. *growls*

Springer Prime

Thank you for reporting the issue - I have indeed received the crash logs.
Please use the workaround written above until I can release a fix for your issue.
Thank you!

A moderator please sticky this thread so that everyone who has similar problems is directed here. Thank you!

Klingon Programmer:
(Stackoverflow.com)

Offline Springer Prime

• Recruit
  • "'I've got better things tonight than Die.'"
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »
 :)  Thank you will see if it works after the 4 hr dl.
Springer Prime
After there was Optimus, then there was Rodimus, and then there was me.