Author Topic: MWLL 0.8.2 Community Complete Installer  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +137/-5
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
MWLL 0.8.2 Community Complete Installer
« on: January 17, 2017, 01:19:03 PM »
http://clanjadewolf.net/mwll/

tl;dr: Download and install this, then this.

Welcome, Living Legends!

Almost a decade ago, a talented team started working on what was to become the favorite game for many of us. Version 0.7.1, released in 2013, was to be the final version of MechWarrior: Living Legends by Wandering Samurai Studios.

Our community has stayed loyal and active since, bringing us amazing events such as Chaos March, Planetary League and Open Merc Night. For this community, we have worked hard towards a new release. Introducing MechWarrior: Living Legends 0.8 - Community Edition!

Using experience from years of public and league gameplay and numerous player requests, we have refined just about everything for a more balanced, player-friendly experience. Of course this also includes a ton of fixed bugs and new shiny!

We are dedicated to finish what Wandering Samurai started, and this is just the beginning. Upcoming patches will focus on bringing in new toys, further refining gameplay and making this game better than ever.

MechWarrior Living Legends is a total conversion mod for Crysis Wars. You don't need to own a copy of Crysis - our combined installer sets you up with a legal copy of the demo version, which is all you need.

- Will you be a forgotten casualty or a Living Legend?

MWLL Patch 0.8.2 (changelog) - install 0.8.0 below or 0.8.1 first!

Patch installer (380MB) (md5: d5dc651746f489b301334d2fa277a301)
if you get a "modified files" error the first time you connect, restart and try again! we are working on fixing this...
make SURE to install 0.8.2! the launcher lies, you do not have the newest version until you install 0.8.2!

Mirror 1 | Torrent

Alternative: Patch archive only (450MB) (md5: 533e6d234ffeed429907b725763c83e8)
Mirror 1

MechWarrior: Living Legends 0.8 Community Edition

MWLL+Crysis Wars Installer (~6GB) (md5: aa7cbee337291fea68bbb39cee39f7bb)
Mirror 1 | Mirror 2 | Torrent

Alternative: MWLL archive only (~3GB) (md5: 61360d664b1d294152c14347ed60b4c0)

if you're not using our Crysis Wars archive (e.g. using Steam), you'll also need the Gamespy fix!!

Mirror 1
Alternative: Crysis Wars only (~3.5GB)
(md5: 870619c3fd7ba4614e84b322697d516d)
Mirror 1

Useful stuff

Troubleshooting Guide | Reddit | Chat (webchat) | TeamSpeak | Discord | Game/Server Stats

Disclaimer:

The MWLL Community Development Team is in no way affiliated with Wandering Samurai Studios. This is a development effort by the community, for the community. Credit for creating MechWarrior: Living Legends and its development up to version 0.7.1 goes solely to Wandering Samurai Studios.

Clan Jade Wolf and the clanjadewolf.net infrastructure is not affiliated with the Community Development Team and its efforts we thank CJW for hosting.

Seyla!

Edit 17/01/2017 - CJW Best Clan

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
If you take this seriously, you're some kind of mouth-breathing fappwit that shouldn't have survived infancy.

Offline GB-72AT Talon

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
  • Don't quote me on this.....
    • GB72nd Assault Trinary
Re: MWLL 0.8.2 Community Complete Installer
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 01:36:55 PM »
Out of the ashes...... I had visited the site some time ago last year and saw the project was killed and wrote it off, sadly..... This is quite a surprise!  Now I have to free up room on my SSD.  Thanks!

Sure it felt different but so did my wife after the kids were born. A little loose but it still gets me off every time. -- Suspect

Offline sirmonkey

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 04:21:35 PM »
glad to see the mod hasn't died, enjoyed the crap out of it til all the BS with crytek and being disappointed by MWO i ended up losing interest in mechwarrior until i saw the email show up this morning that is.. :P
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:55:50 PM by sirmonkey »

Offline GB-72AT Talon

• Star Colonel
    • GB72nd Assault Trinary
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 03:22:39 AM »
Doing a fresh install of Crysis and MWLL now.....

I haven't seen it asked anywhere, is Gamespy Comrade required to be installed when you install Wars?

**nevermind, i installed through Origin and I think that's why im having issues, uninstalled that crap and reinstalling through the community edition with wars zip package
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 04:21:02 AM by GB-72AT Talon »

Sure it felt different but so did my wife after the kids were born. A little loose but it still gets me off every time. -- Suspect

Offline GB-72AT Talon

• Star Colonel
    • GB72nd Assault Trinary
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 05:29:46 AM »
So just to recap.  Because it has been several years since this was active, If you own Crysis Warhead as a digital download through EA, you have had your EA game account converted to an Origin account.  If you install Crysis Warhead and Crysis Wars through Origin it isn't going to work with MWLL as it uses a different directory structure and it also would not even run regular vanilla Wars for me due to some SecureRom verification crap.....anyways........

You can log into your Origin account and right click Crysis Warhead and choose game details and copy/paste your cd key somewhere like notepad.  But DO NOT install Warhead or Wars through Origin.  Then download the large Community Edition MWLL + CW Install package which will install Crysis Wars alone and MWLL, then on first run it will ask for the cd key (yes your Warhead cd key works for Wars too), paste it in, create a Crynet Systems account, create a user profile with a unique name (otherwise you will join the game as "Mechwarrior").  Enjoy.  Exciting to see something i remembered so fondly come back.  Thanks

It would be interesting to know the who, why and all about why the mod came back after all this time and what future plans are. 

Offline [IPA] Avatar

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +32/-4
  • Kiss me, I'm shitfaced!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 09:41:36 AM »
You can log into your Origin account and right click Crysis Warhead and choose game details and copy/paste your cd key somewhere like notepad.  But DO NOT install Warhead or Wars through Origin.  Then download the large Community Edition MWLL + CW Install package which will install Crysis Wars alone and MWLL, then on first run it will ask for the cd key (yes your Warhead cd key works for Wars too), paste it in, create a Crynet Systems account, create a user profile with a unique name (otherwise you will join the game as "Mechwarrior").  Enjoy.  Exciting to see something i remembered so fondly come back.  Thanks

You will not need any kind of Crysis/Warhead/Wars pre-installed if you use the Community Edition Installer. It installs a free, demo version of Crysis Wars and you're ready to roll. No CD-key is needed and you can create a fake Crynet System account, with whatever name, email adress and password you like.

It would be interesting to know the who, why and all about why the mod came back after all this time and what future plans are.

With the words of the great Kaldor Draigo:"It's a secret.".