Author Topic: MechWarrior: Living Legends - Terrain Control Tutorial for Mappers  (Read 9053 times)

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
Re: MechWarrior: Living Legends - Terrain Control Tutorial for Mappers
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 02:38:45 PM »
This is a fantastic resource.  Thanks Wilson.  I will make a TC map eventually!
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline Seraph

• Lead Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-1
    • The Living Legends Mercenary Unit
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 03:19:01 PM »
I pasted the guide text into the Wiki now but won't have time to add those pictures:

http://wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Terrain_Control_Tutorial_for_Mappers

Take a look, I will keep it unlocked for you guys to beautify. We should add the original PDF to it as "official reference" though to keep it available :)
Seraph - "The Can Man"
In the heat of battle, legends are born ...

Offline ~SJ~ Blhurr

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +79/-2
  • ~SJ~
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 03:03:14 PM »
I figured I would post a follow up and state that this guide is my critical go-to reference for TC conversions.  Very well laid out and explained.
"Damn these RCTs! 'Mech combat is bad enough, let alone the  combined arms of 'Mechs, vehicles, infantry, and fighters." - Loren - Death Commando - Highlander's Gambit

TC_ThermoCline - TC_Woods - TC_CastleHill - TC_00_Dam - TC_FeralFangs - TC_Breadbasket

Offline Llamageddon

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 09:09:52 AM »
The MWLL team recommends that maps be authored with the Crysis version of the Sandbox2 editor.  Use of the Wars version Sandbox2 edit will result in maps that are not backwards compatible with standard Crysis clients.

Is this still important? I thought the whole mod had switched over to requiring the Crysis Wars client to play.

Thanks for the guide by the way, has prevented me from asking annoying questions (other than this one) and just let me get on with making a map.

Edit: Is there somewhere I can get that PDF file, would like the pictures that are missing on the wiki.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:46:32 AM by Llamageddon »

Offline DaveSparhawk

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2017, 11:25:52 PM »
A little update;

I am currently working on replacing the lost images on the wiki TC guide and may also reword the page somewhat.

If you are interested and have questions on map editing in the meantime please pm or shout out on the discord.