Author Topic: Guide to Elemental/BA  (Read 22507 times)

Offline Brainwright

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +34/-2
  • AKA : Rotten
Re: Guide to Elemental/BA
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 05:10:24 PM »
One more BA tip on TC.  The new sentries will NOT shoot at BA's unless you come within 250m.  What does this mean?  Position yourself outside of that range and use your mPPC to take out the turret.  It takes 2-3 mPPC shots to take them out.

Addendum : most bases are positioned so that you'll only be able to see these turrets once you're in range.

Solution : start up a map on your own sometime and walk through it to find the best approach to a base you want to capture so you can destroy the turrets without getting yourself killed.
Thanks for the view.

Offline DFDelta

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +145/-1
  • Wiki Staff
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 05:16:29 PM »
One more BA tip on TC.  The new sentries will NOT shoot at BA's unless you come within 250m.  What does this mean?  Position yourself outside of that range and use your mPPC to take out the turret.  It takes 2-3 mPPC shots to take them out.

Addendum : most bases are positioned so that you'll only be able to see these turrets once you're in range.

Solution : start up a map on your own sometime and walk through it to find the best approach to a base you want to capture so you can destroy the turrets without getting yourself killed.

Better, find ways where you can get into tapping range without destroying the turrets.
They are a great help when you want to defend the base from the enemies counterstrike (or when getting rid of all those BAs that hide on almost every base)
Join the MWLL wiki today, your contributions will make the wiki a better place.

In Lyran Commonwealth, Atlas scouts you.

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 11:33:01 PM »
USE YOUR MPPC LIKE YOU'RE PLAYING QUAKE 3 ARENA.
Rocket Jump your way to Success for added Boost and Distance!
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 02:39:25 AM »
Have FUN!! That is my best tip, for those wishing to play as dedicated BA. 

Cause, ya know what, you won't always be effective all the time. 50/50 chance that you will do any significant damage, before being blasted 'out of the blue'. :)

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline [CW]Strykerius

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 05:18:30 PM »
My advice; do not expect to win.  Your job is to be annoying, distracting, and a scout.  Unless you are either very experienced (And obviously not in need of this thread), or the other team is running nothing but missile boats and does not know how to shoot, you will not get many kills.  Elementals  are effective at what they do.  And unfortunately, that is not dedicated anti-mech combat.

Offline ^sPikE-

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-0
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2011, 06:45:44 PM »
My advice; do not expect to win.  Your job is to be annoying, distracting, and a scout.  Unless you are either very experienced (And obviously not in need of this thread), or the other team is running nothing but missile boats and does not know how to shoot, you will not get many kills.  Elementals  are effective at what they do.  And unfortunately, that is not dedicated anti-mech combat.

Its difficult to get any kills by yourself, but in a well coordinated team BA can crush ANYTHING. Esp. Assaults are so slow they are prime targets when me and my homies play. Only assets that have some type of small AC will pose a big problem, and even those can get pwned quickly by using cover and distraction.

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2011, 12:35:19 AM »
Stay at your maximum range to limit the opponents visuals on you.

Make sure you have an escape path or at least some minor cover to hide by.

Create your BA loadout via the Buymenu Loadout screen, it already have the stock Crysis loadouts which you can alter as wanted. Set up different loadouts per mission objective, e.g. for BA Hunting or assaults on any armored Asset.

Share your C-Bills with the rest of the team. As a BA you only use roughly half of the C-Bills to purchase a full BA loadout form the C-Bills you get on the first rank. Players tend to become so happy when you donate your C-Bills to them ;D

Mostly the BA should act as a support asset that can add an annoyance to your enemies whilst your bigger bipedal fellows are exchanging metal with the hostile targets.

BTW when fighting as a BA, its rather easy to get a piece of the kill ratio imo, but it is by far the most risky of all assets to venture out in. I've been hunting Lights to Assault as a BA or a team of BA's and an Assault better deal with the BA quickly if there is more than two having their attention on the Assaults.
I've hunted down Lights to the gates of their Hangar or worse as I recall once hunting one back home just to wait outside and pick up the target after he had repaired, just to see him go puff after some more minutes of torture.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline Stahlseele

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +85/-6
  • 2nd Level TechSupport Agent(BOFH)
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2011, 01:19:28 AM »
can't remember the number of headshots i did in a BA . .
Using normal laser, heavy laser, PPC and SRM too . .
Nothing like seeing that 90k Mech suddenly stop, drop and roll after having hit it in the cockpit.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 03:20:58 PM by Stahlseele »
'any kind of discussion of randomness ALWAYS WILL EQUATE to being able to critically hit a mech's reactor by firing a micro beam laser while facing 80 degrees to the side, shooting the ground, which would cause a random explosion which would randomly crit his entire team's reactors which would randomly cause the server itself to explode which would randomly generate a strange quark which would randomly hit the earth and randomly randomness randomfapp the shit fapp random!'
------------------------------
CPU: Intel Xeon i7 4820k
Memory: GSkill 2x8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
Video: Inno 3D iChill GeForce GTX 780Ti Black Accelero Hybrid
H/SDD:Samsung Series 830 256GB/512GB, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB, 1x WD Caviar Green 3TB
Monitor: 2x24" Widescreen 16:9 1920x1080 native resolution
Win7Ultimate64

Offline Greeny

• Bondsman
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2011, 01:24:52 PM »
Greets all

I have a few questions for the BA professionals

I've been playing MWLL for around 9 days and around 5 days ago I started playing a BA. 3 Days ago I read this guide and it helped a great deal.

My questions are:

Is there a trick to get bomb packs sticking to mechs when I throw them. They seem to bounce off often. Is it due to mech movement?

When I crouch down, does my scanner profile reduce? I notice some BAs are invisible on the scanner. How do they do that, did they stop moving? Crouch?

Is there a trick to faster loadouts? I often spawn at bases being overrun, but I'm often spawn killed before I have my preconfigured loadout selected.

There are maps with tickets; do BA's use less tickets to spawn then, oh.. an assault, or is it all 1 ticket?

Base turrets seem to give me zero chance, they never miss and are long range. (they can hit a BA but can't snipe a cockpit?) How long does it take them to respawn if I manage to remove one?

What is the running speed of a BA?

Offline DFDelta

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +145/-1
  • Wiki Staff
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2011, 02:33:51 PM »
Is there a trick to get bomb packs sticking to mechs when I throw them. They seem to bounce off often. Is it due to mech movement?
Grenades are kinda buggy, they work best against standing targets, if a mech/tank is moving then they will bounce of most of the time.

When I crouch down, does my scanner profile reduce? I notice some BAs are invisible on the scanner. How do they do that, did they stop moving? Crouch?
No your radar signature stays the same when crouching.
BAs can become radar invisible if they are within of a friendly AECM. Also BAs have a very small radar signature to beginn with, a mech/tank without any electronics has to be within 100 or 150 (don't remember right now ;D) meters of the BA to see it.

Is there a trick to faster loadouts? I often spawn at bases being overrun, but I'm often spawn killed before I have my preconfigured loadout selected.

Don't think so, the loadouts are the fastest way to get your equipment together.

There are maps with tickets; do BA's use less tickets to spawn then, oh.. an assault, or is it all 1 ticket?
BA are worth 1 ticket, other assets are worth more, depending on their size. An Atlas is worth more tickets then a Owens.

Base turrets seem to give me zero chance, they never miss and are long range. (they can hit a BA but can't snipe a cockpit?) How long does it take them to respawn if I manage to remove one?
Many bases have ways that allow you to come close enough to capture without getting into the turrets line of sight.
You can also destroy them from far away with a AC2 and mPPC, they should only target you if you are closer then 300 or 400m.

Respawn takes quite some time, around 5 minutes I think.
Join the MWLL wiki today, your contributions will make the wiki a better place.

In Lyran Commonwealth, Atlas scouts you.

Offline Greeny

• Bondsman
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2011, 05:10:30 AM »
Thank you very much for the answers, it's a very big help.

I'm already formulating new strategies, since it's incredibly unforgiving, everything kills it easy like an afterthought, even the afterthought splash damage. 

Once I dropped all 8 of my grenades on a demolisher's head, stuck in a crevice. Didn't even kill it lol . I'm in the process of learning if it's a joke feature to this game.

Offline Blu_Haze

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +9/-0
  • Rawr
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2011, 05:18:37 AM »

I'm already formulating new strategies, since it's incredibly unforgiving, everything kills it easy like an afterthought, even the afterthought splash damage. 

Once I dropped all 8 of my grenades on a demolisher's head, stuck in a crevice. Didn't even kill it lol . I'm in the process of learning if it's a joke feature to this game.

You probably tossed them onto the turret. The turret of a tank has by far the most armor of the entire vehicle, which was made that way since it can be hit from any side. The most effective way to kill a tank is to hit either the front, rear, or the side panels. Those four spots are all the lightest armored on the tank, and you only have to make one of them go critical to destroy the entire thing.

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2011, 05:48:29 AM »

You probably tossed them onto the turret. The turret of a tank has by far the most armor of the entire vehicle, which was made that way since it can be hit from any side. The most effective way to kill a tank is to hit either the front, rear, or the side panels. Those four spots are all the lightest armored on the tank, and you only have to make one of them go critical to destroy the entire thing.

From my experience they also stick better to the sides of a tank, flat surfaces are C8's friend.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 09:15:01 AM by AlfalphaCat »

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline Errodien Ward

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +56/-0
  • Delicious...
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2011, 12:18:14 AM »

From my experience they also stick better to the sides of a tank, flat surfaces are C8's friend.

It seems that running in the same direction as your moving target seems tog et them to stick, though it may just be that I'm lucky with flat surfaces xD

Offline ^sPikE-

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-0
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2011, 03:59:56 AM »
bump for great justice.