Author Topic: Your idea the of ultamite mechwarrior game.  (Read 15314 times)

Offline Ishan

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +2/-0
Re: Your idea the of ultamite mechwarrior game.
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 02:11:59 AM »
I like the Planetside idea... but...

my idea of my personal ultimate mechwarrior game?

A new version of Mechcommander, including Mechs, Arial Assaults, Infantery and all that. The game would be Turnbased, but allowing you to plan out turns ahead of time, and then playing it in Realtime. Or the other way around... having the option to pause the Realtime to plan.

A tactical depth to it in a magnitude of at least Company of Heroes standards... perferably more so. And some really nice graphic in the magnitude of Company of Heroes... making it seem like some Minature gaming coming to life or something. So when you pause you will have amazing Stills to watch.. with great explosions and all that... basically like CoH.

And since it all is just wishful thinking, i would love to see it in a really huge scale. Giantic Playfields... maybe a whole planet, or at least a whole continent. Maybe of the size of the american (from alasca all the way down to the south) in real scale. Allowing you to wage war in a real scale of a battle.. with all Rules of Engagement active.

Maybe starting out as small Merch unit... and then being able to bring in Technicans to salvage wrecks and such, maybe even put them on a truck and take them back to base. Having to move bases and such.

Preferably it would have a "World generator" Generating the world you play on... setting the difficulty by choosing what you plan to do. A small group of Mechs vs a whole invasion fleet... would be much more difficult than selecting to have an established foodhold with regular Ressources.

Maybe adding something some strategic objects to the map. Like a Spaceport or refineries... ammunition bases and such... stuff you can raid and if you manage to hold them, you can restock your ammunitions and such, otherwise your dependant on maybe some few drops, riskin your dropships, and salvaging left over ammunition on wrecks.

Hell... i would want a full combat simulation.

And sure... why not adding the option to designate one Mech as your own.. and, much like it was in Spacehulk, command your forces from a mech. Adding the element of having Commando-Assets into the game. If you drive a Commando-Tank you would get much more diverse tactical informations, otherwise you are dependant on stuff like having to camp near a city and sneak into it to get information of enemy positions and such.

My ultimate Mechwarrior game would truely be a fullscale Battletech Simulation. Being played either from a purely strategical point of view, being a general in some headquarters and ordering people around.. like a RTS or TBS... or going out as a Pilot and then having to either step into a Elementalsuit, go on to pilot a vehicle or a Battlemech... or taking a bunch of bundle explosives and a rifle.. and take on those mechs without any armor.

But most of all... i would love to finally see mechs having Hands and being able to use them. Pushing a button and changing the firing button from shooting your LRM to punching.

Offline wonderboy2402

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
  • Callsign Raghnall
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2011, 05:30:57 AM »
I would love to see them dig more into the battletech side of the universe. Get into the older eras, show the decline of technology and the grime and dirt of the future. Bring back live action cut scenes. =>

Offline Ghiest

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-0
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 02:54:14 PM »
BattleTech MMO.

Think MW2: Mercs meets Eve Online.

Basically an involved economy IF, IF and only IF you start your own corporation or mercenary company. If you don't want to be hassled with that, you can join an existing Merc company (like Eradani Light Horse, Wolf's Dragoons, ect.) or a House Military.

Though Star Trek Online's model could work too. Thats a little closer to how MPBT:3025 was like.

mpbt 3025 is where I would start.  Although EvE type model would work.  I just don't see how a MMO would work properly though unless it was one shard (al la EVE) and the planets are instanced for big battles -shrug-.

My perfect battletech/mechwarrior game would be a first person Mechwarrior RPG single player really.  I've been playing online games since DoomNet and I think I've had enough of humanities inherent ability to be dicks when you are anonymous no matter what game where abouts in the world you are, you always get dicks trying to enforce their misery on others and that's why I just can't take another MMO, MP game.

The game would be a third person type out of mech RPG where you can visit different places in the cities and stuff then either a mech commander type interface for bigger battles or a in-mech view type deal for fighting things out.  I think the Jason youngblood original story was pretty good and don't see a reason to change it :) 

Offline xDeityx

• Alphatester
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-2
  • "War is fear cloaked in courage." Gen Westmoreland
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 04:58:41 PM »
Iím in agreement with the MMO folks.  A BTU MMO would be ridiculous.  I feel like it would be best served by EVE-style PvP and economy in an open world.  Most people would want to pilot mediums or heavies for their speed and firepower mix, with at least one light in your group for reconnaissance.  If you lose your asset you have to buy another, or have a previously bought asset at the ready in a hangar.

The crafting system would be set up around the creation of asset chassis as well as weaponry, electronics, and armor.  Clan tech and other advanced tech would be something rare and expensive, so the decision to use it in battle would have to weigh the risk of replacing it with the reward of the extra power it provides.  Salvaging a bunch of ERLBL would actually mean something.

Imagine having salvage rights to the field of battle after a huge 50 vs. 50 engagement has taken place.  To the victor go the spoils!
"Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the One, One is a Warrior, and He will bring the others back." --  Heraclitus

Offline Ghiest

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +17/-0
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 06:50:41 PM »
I just don't see how you could fit the personal feeling of a MMO into a BT universe though especially interplanetary warfare.  Could you roll a Astech or Trader and still have fun brokering stuff?  Crafting I don't think could ever happen unless it was some form of jury-rig repair type skill instead of crafting from basic materials.  Allot of mmo's fail at the first hurdle because they set their sights too high trying to include everything, I just think if you exclude allot of the BT universe it will be a shell of a game rather than something that people want to play.

Todays market :
Instant action gratification
ease of use
Ease of reaching the cap

Battletech doesn't lend itself to any of that.

Offline =KoS= Eldragon

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +91/-2
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 07:58:48 PM »
As fun as a BTU version of Planetside would be, personally I would prefer Battletech:Total War.

A Game using the "Total War" series of games format of turn Based Strategy phase, with Real-Time combat like mech commander. Imagine instead of building armies and conquering provinces in Europe or Japan, you are building combined arms Mech companies, transporting them via dropship and conquering planets.

Offline ~SJ~KorbinWimmer

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +28/-0
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 08:29:12 PM »
One of each please.  Battletech-Planetside for FPShooting ownage, and Total War for Mechcommander 3!

Offline CapperDeluxe

• MWLL Developer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +162/-0
  • Life is cheap, mechs are expensive.
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 09:35:16 PM »
I just don't see how you could fit the personal feeling of a MMO into a BT universe though especially interplanetary warfare.  Could you roll a Astech or Trader and still have fun brokering stuff?  Crafting I don't think could ever happen unless it was some form of jury-rig repair type skill instead of crafting from basic materials.  Allot of mmo's fail at the first hurdle because they set their sights too high trying to include everything, I just think if you exclude allot of the BT universe it will be a shell of a game rather than something that people want to play.

Todays market :
Instant action gratification
ease of use
Ease of reaching the cap

Battletech doesn't lend itself to any of that.

apparently you've never played an MMO that wasn't World of Warcraft (or similar fantasy based).  Planetside for instance would be the closest thing, and there was no crafting, no PvE, and even a level 1 player could potentially kill a level 20 (cap) player.

Offline Because people mistake me for someone else

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +45/-9
  • Dispenser of Hate & Justice, unlimited ammo still
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 04:28:44 PM »
Then lets have some nice Crysis-Gfx on ArmA Maps running in a static EvE-ServerUniverse ?!?
Way free for ....*drumroll please*
Mechwarrior : Total War for the Inner Sphere !
A turnbases MMORTS/FPS

-Manage your Worlds turnbased on the epically scaled map of the Inner Sphere !
-Fight your way along with stunning visual experiences through DX11 Effects, gigantic and diverse landscapes sizing up to 1000 km≤ and the choices of a complete Universe of weapons, vehicles and equipment given to each and any player!
-Have a Commander watch out over the Battle using bought or salvaged Equipment like SpyDrones, ASF-Scouting flights,ArtilleryBarrages and much much more from either on the field as side-unit or from another usable commandocentre, like a dropship or even a warship!
-Gain more or better Equipment through salvaging the Battlefield after victory !
-Expand your technology, trade and society through either researching or stealing research, giving you cutting-edge technology on the battlefield or much needed informations about resources, raw materials and big processing/manufacturing plants !

Above are just some of the things that I would like to see in such a game.

Hells...the idea of a persistent MW-Universe makes me grin foolishly .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0976embDvhY&feature=youtu.be
*Counterstacking by OneManArmy.dll*
"Why so hateful ?" "I am, and you are too"

Offline Kalon

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2011, 09:22:32 PM »
Although I love the up close & personal fighting style of MW4:Mercenaries & MW:LL from what I have seen for Shogun 2 I would not be against a Total War: Battletech. Each clan has it's own strengths & weaknesses. One clan might have access to more aerospace fighters from the beginning or maybe their fighters are more elite than other clans let's say the Ice Hellions ; Ghost Bears may have a better defence than offence so let us say their PCG units are more elite than most clans. Another clan might have more elite Elementals etc.  I would love the idea of things happening while you are not at your PC. Just throwing ideas out there.

Offline shyrkonflex

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-0
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2011, 09:26:22 PM »
Obviously a big-ass Mechcommander with base-building and managing your faction would be dope as it would also capture the feel of the orignal Battletech which is (more or less) an RTS style of game.
This would resolve a lot of the confusion and issues (especially balancing) caused by making the think into a sim.

/I'd prefer a sim though, way more badass :D

Offline ChuggyG

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
  • Don't that picture look dusty.
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2011, 04:34:38 AM »
Ultimate MechWarrior game?  Easy.

World of Tanks, except with Battletech.  I can't imagine anything better.  MMO style unit progression, research and upgrading, faction tech trees, large scale armoured warfare...
It is indeed greener on the other side, but only because of all the bodies buried there.

Offline shyrkonflex

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +7/-0
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2011, 08:54:10 AM »
Thats what my second post was, I'd be great.

Offline ChuggyG

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
  • Don't that picture look dusty.
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2011, 08:55:35 AM »
Thats what my second post was, I'd be great.

Whoop, I musta missed that.  Yes, indeed, agreed.
It is indeed greener on the other side, but only because of all the bodies buried there.

Offline Sean Lang "Phil"

• MWLL Contributor
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
  • "Life for others is worth my sacrifice"
    • Clan Wolf in Exile: Alpha Galaxy
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2011, 07:31:03 PM »
Allot of people would like to see a persistent world mechwarrior style game, or even a MMO/mechcommander style. Would be awesome for this mod team or a faction of it after MW:LL is done to possibly start that up? Or another team in collaboration.