Author Topic: Open Merc Night! (organized pick up matches)  (Read 21310 times)

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
Re: Open Merc Night! (organized pick up matches)
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2011, 07:59:12 AM »
Open Merc Night yet again tonight, starting around 8PM EST.

Please navigate to this page and download said community maps: http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,7822.0.html

SA Paradise
Star League Cache
SA Desolation
SA Crater

Be ready to rock and roll!

Was unable to download Paradise or Crater , can anyone else confirm?  How often are there maps played on?

the autodownloader feature should handle it for you when those maps come up in the rotation, at least it is supposed to, i havent had a chance to use it yet

Those maps have not been updated from 0.2, I think, and are not at mwllmaps.com.  So even if you get them to work, they only have assets that were released at the time.  I believe Salvatoris said he would not be updating Desolation, at least not anytime soon.  Never even played Crater, that was in 0.4.?.

Anyways, the autodownloader only has Star League Cache and Gatorbait ATM.  So unless a server is running one of those, it does not just give you whatever map you 'need'. 

I for one would love to have more maps to choose from, especially in the TC and SA modes.  How's about a monstrous Test of Strength map? 8)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:37:07 AM by AlfalphaCat »

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2011, 08:40:58 AM »
The community maps currently known as working with 0.5 are TC_StarleagueCache, TC_Urban_Jungle and TSA_Gatorbait. All other maps would have to be updated AFAIK, although i haven't tested them all.
<Insert cool content here>

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2011, 06:13:31 PM »
just giving the thread a bump to bring it to the topic, actually could we get this thread sticky'd as OMN happens so often, the more that know about it the larger and more often they can happen

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2011, 12:10:14 PM »
Having never dropped on an OMN I'd be happy to see these happen again.

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2011, 12:12:43 PM »
As long as you guys film it (from "go" to finish with no cuts in between and player names and hearing at least one team over TS for best results) so I can at least watch some MW while I can't play it :P

Offline CGB [CoffiNail]

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +101/-0
  • Khan of Clan Ghost Bear International
    • Clan Ghost Bear International
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2011, 03:41:56 PM »
As long as you guys film it (from "go" to finish with no cuts in between and player names and hearing at least one team over TS for best results) so I can at least watch some MW while I can't play it :P

If one happens, I always try to record it if I am part of it.

Offline xDeityx

• Alphatester
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-2
  • "War is fear cloaked in courage." Gen Westmoreland
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2011, 04:16:53 PM »
The recent problems killing OMN night have been the downtime associated with it.  It seems like recently we can't get a reliable server for OMN use, they keep crashing on us.

I liked the organized game of Terrain Control we played better than the usual OMN.  It was constant 45+ mins of strategic gameplay with no downtime.  The only problem was the pubs joining the unlocked server, which is easily remedied.
"Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the One, One is a Warrior, and He will bring the others back." --  Heraclitus

Offline Sean Lang "Phil"

• MWLL Contributor
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-1
  • "Life for others is worth my sacrifice"
    • Clan Wolf in Exile: Alpha Galaxy
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2011, 04:28:38 PM »
WiE is more than willing to continue hosting these on our Arc Royal server, and with the increase in community maps we can also put those on the server to allow testing and fun with different scenery.

So that in mind, if the community has any maps they want to be played, please link the name, a source so we can get that setup. I may not be able to play, or when I do make the video's anymore due to my limited bandwidth, BUT there is no reason I can't setup the server for whom ever to blow each other up!!