Author Topic: Tournament of the Jaguar  (Read 19186 times)

Offline ~SJ~Zathrus

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-0
Tournament of the Jaguar
« on: April 22, 2011, 08:22:21 PM »
Welcome. The purpose is simple. A 5v5 team tournament. The tournament will be a best of 3, single elimination no respawn contest. The winner will receive a custom made badge for their signatures to show off their accomplishment.

Here are the rules:

1. 425k Cash Limit - spectating judge will verify each drop list
2. No ejections
3. An asset unable to fight due to game bugs will be considered DEAD to avoid lawyering.
4. Base turrets will be disabled however fighting in a base or traveling directly through to trigger base LAMS will result in forfeit of that round.
5. Maps and seeding will be determined by tournament admin., and will be announced one week prior to the tournament. (tentatively May 21)
6. Disconnect and run back to the asset is permitted if the teams have not engaged in combat
7. Use of CSJ TS3 is required. Rooms will be setup for this event.
8. CSJ will provide up to 1 sub for any team that has team members unable to attend. Running short is also possible. To prevent forfeit.
9. Clans can submit more than one team providing there are slots available in the bracket..

Smoke Jaguar is hosting and administrating this tournament. Smoke Jaguar Teams will not be participating in this contest to retain impartiality. All SJ admin decisions are final.

Once a minimum of 8 teams have signed up a date range for the rounds to take place will be announced. Use the forum post found at  http://clansmokejaguar.enjin.com/forums/m/423292/viewthread/749671-open-tournament-jaguar    to register your team. (registration on the website is required) All participants in your team including alternates are required to be in your post. Good Luck and see you on the battlefield.

Check this news post for further updates.

If possible all fights will be recorded.

Note: Fraps volunteers are welcome
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:13:15 AM by ~SJ~Zathrus »

Offline ratbuddy

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +76/-1
Re: Tournament of the Jaguar
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 04:20:45 PM »
ELH is in. Where are TLL, CHH, WD, RDL, FSAC, KoS, 12VR, CW, CJW, WiE, etc etc?

Offline ~SJ~MausGMR

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +83/-7
  • Oh snap...
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 08:27:27 PM »
This competition is also open to Pick up Groups.

Any individual looking to get involved who isn't in a clan should sign up on our forums in the link below.

http://clansmokejaguar.enjin.com/forums/m/423292/viewthread/753030-open-tournament-pick-up-group-thread

Feel free to discuss your interest here and ask any questions about the tournament. Try to keep the above post fairly clear of all non signup chatter, so it stays clear and easily manageable.

This is a good opportunity for anyone who wants to try their hand at the competitive side of the mod, be it either playing or commanding. I suggest those who have thought about joining a clan but haven't to get involved, because it will be great fun.

<Freeborn_Toad> what's a Maus?
<Razorin-Faust> It's what you get when Chuck Norris and Natasha Kerensky have a kid : Maus

The prodigal son has returned

Offline AlfalphaCat

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +104/-19
  • Still here, and still queer for the MW:LLs! :P
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 08:08:36 AM »
ELH is in. Where are TLL, CHH, WD, RDL, FSAC, KoS, 12VR, CW, CJW, WiE, etc etc?

I am here to say the Ve-J J's are in!! Or the 12th Vegan Rangers to Inner Sphere folk.   :P :P

I don't feel like registering on your forums at the moment. :-[

I suck!! But WE are AWESOME.  We started a unit.  What's that?!  YOU WANNA TOUCH MY UNIT?!! :P ^^12thVR Recruitment Page(clickthepic) ;)

Offline ~SJ~MausGMR

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Colonel
  • Oh snap...
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »
We've currently got around 5 teams either signed up or stating that they will soon be signed up, just another few teams to go and we'll be able to announce a date for this.

As I said before this is a great opportunity for those that are just interested in dabbling in the 5v5 side of things and want to get together with a few mates and try it out.

Other than that, plenty more units still left to submit a team, so get involved guys ;)

<Razorin-Faust> It's what you get when Chuck Norris and Natasha Kerensky have a kid : Maus

Offline VictorMorson

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +86/-27
  • WANTED: 24 counts of base rape and dismemberment.
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 11:12:28 PM »
Are undermanned drops allowed?  If so, I'll definitely throw the Blazing Aces hat into the ring.  We really rather just roll with our core unit than get a sub, and weight up with the c-bills to compensate.
I will personally hunt you down and poptart your leg while your back is turned and you're in your base.

Offline dCK-Ad_Hominem

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +16/-0
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 11:25:22 PM »
dCK would like to play in this tournament. I cannot however give a full confirmation since I do not have talked to all of our members yet.

We will not be able to play on May the 7th and on May the 13th and 14th. All other dates would have to be negotiated.

I will update this post by the time I have received confirmation by my fellow clan members.

Great idea SJs, hope this works out :).

EDIT: Okay, I have talked to all members of dCK. We will fight in this tournament as long as the date does not collide with real life obligations our members are having. May 20th and 21st sound fine so far. If there should be any complications I will let you know in time.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:06:03 AM by dCK-Ad_Hominem »

Offline 7.[WD]Ragor

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +111/-3
  • Maj.7thWolf'sDragoons a.D.
    • 7th. Regiment 'eta' Wolf Dragoons
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 11:28:33 PM »
Are undermanned drops allowed?  If so, I'll definitely throw the Blazing Aces hat into the ring.  We really rather just roll with our core unit than get a sub, and weight up with the c-bills to compensate.

Why undermanned? There are clan-free pilots out there which would participate but lack a unit...
I am quite sure, if some makes a post la 'me, Alvin and my buddies Simon, Theodore and Dave form a team, we just lack a 5th pilot' quite soon players would contact that guy...

Offline xDeityx

• Alphatester
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-2
  • "War is fear cloaked in courage." Gen Westmoreland
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 01:19:21 AM »
Yeah Victor you can drop with 4.  Assuming that "to prevent forfeit" doesn't mean as a last resort.

8. CSJ will provide up to 1 sub for any team that has team members unable to attend. Running short is also possible. To prevent forfeit.

"Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the One, One is a Warrior, and He will bring the others back." --  Heraclitus

Offline neongod

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
    • Clan Wolf
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 04:06:08 AM »
Clan Wolf will be there.

Offline Cik

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-2
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 06:10:46 AM »
i'd be up for this in a pick-up sort of fashion. anyone want a semi-skilled pubber? ~~~

Offline ~SJ~MausGMR

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Colonel
  • Oh snap...
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 11:26:23 AM »
There should be a few clans that can take you Cik, sign yourself up below and we'll see what we can do. http://clansmokejaguar.enjin.com/forums/m/423292/viewthread/753030-open-tournament-pick-up-group-thread

Offline ratbuddy

• Star Colonel
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 01:35:34 PM »
We're filling up fast, 4 entries and 2 more that have assured me in private that they will be entering soon. Snooze you lose, so get registered before it's too late :)

Offline 7.[WD]Ragor

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +111/-3
  • Maj.7thWolf'sDragoons a.D.
    • 7th. Regiment 'eta' Wolf Dragoons
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 01:54:39 PM »
7th Regiment of the Wolf's Dragoons reporting for duty.

Offline ratbuddy

• Star Colonel
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 05:24:52 PM »
We have 6 solid entrants so far.. Clock is ticking!

edit: Oh, if it fills up, go ahead and note your entry anyway - at least one alternate team should be available in the event of a forfeit.