Author Topic: The truth is out ...  (Read 6279 times)

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
Re: The truth is out ...
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »
Come on, that was supposed to be a fun thread. Jokes have never been intended to be 100% true to fact, just as fiction isn't supposed to be 100% realistic :D
<Insert cool content here>

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +341/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2011, 05:31:45 PM »
By attacking someone else's beliefs, it's what you were doing.

Intent, not words.

Anyway, I can't be bothered with another stupid argument.

Let's go back to lol'ing already.

Offline PaladinSoG

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +1/-0
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2011, 05:38:03 PM »

Jesus was the ultimate gamer, no assisted respawn, just one hell of a respawn counter.

*facepalm* I wont even try...

I personally prefer hand and foot...oh wait, thats right, I'm trained to use those, derr  ;D

I need to post a Catholic joke or two, which is completely fine since I'm Catholic.  Hehe, now what to choose what to choose...AHHA, heres one!
- What is the difference between a Jehovah's Witness and a Chevy truck?
  You can shut the door on the Jehovah's Witness. -

Non nobis, non nobis Domine, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!
Not to us, not to us O Lord, but to your name give glory!

Cowking

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2011, 05:49:15 PM »
To quote his all holy noodlely-ness once again:

"5. I'd really rather you didn't challenge the bigoted, misogynistic, hateful ideas of others on an empty stomach. Eat, then go after the girls."

Enough said, to the nearest Stripper Factory! (oh wait that's in pastafarian heaven... damn)

Strike that, to the nearest Dance club/hall/place where women loiter!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:34:29 PM by (TLL)Cowking »

Offline Taemien

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +136/-1
  • Less pew pew, More Dakka!
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 09:41:35 PM »
Here's a question, how could anyone be wrong about a religion? According to the 1st Amendment (assuming you're a US Citizen), you have freedom of religion. This translates to you can practice and believe in whatever you wish.

For example if I want to be muslim and eat pork, I can do so. The law protects that right. No one is required to share in such a belief, but the law says I can practice that way if I so wish. If someone wants to believe Christ committed suicide, thats fine, thats their belief. You can't say they're wrong, all you can really do is say you don't believe that yourself.

This is why religion usually is a touchy subject. People are too quick to call someone else wrong or misguided. But in fact when it comes to religion, no one is wrong.

Offline ~SJ~ Lobo

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-0
  • CW+CSJ = GOD OF THUNDER
    • Clan Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 10:43:39 PM »
Here's a question, how could anyone be wrong about a religion? According to the 1st Amendment (assuming you're a US Citizen), you have freedom of religion. This translates to you can practice and believe in whatever you wish.

For example if I want to be muslim and eat pork, I can do so. The law protects that right. No one is required to share in such a belief, but the law says I can practice that way if I so wish. If someone wants to believe Christ committed suicide, thats fine, thats their belief. You can't say they're wrong, all you can really do is say you don't believe that yourself.

This is why religion usually is a touchy subject. People are too quick to call someone else wrong or misguided. But in fact when it comes to religion, no one is wrong.

See I hate that. I am an atheist yet I prefer people to decide for themselves what they need in their life. If religion is something they need then by all means do it for yourself. It's a choice you make for your life and no one is right to tell you, you can't believe in something or that not believing is wrong, or that their god way is the only way. If someone asks me why I am an atheist I will tell them why I came to decision, not why they are wrong in theirs.

Offline lessergod

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +33/-3
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 10:49:59 PM »
Your all misguided, so it reads in the Word of Blake.

I loved the picture Kit, it made me laugh.

I could care less what people do or don't think about religion. The arguments on both sides make me roll my eyes and wonder if Zealotry on anyside of the fence will ever work out.

Die hard Atheists, fanatical religious followers, all of them are pointless to me. I have my beliefs and they are mine, I don't push them on others, and I sure as hell don't want people trying to tell my kids what they need to believe. It is their choice, just as my beliefs were my choice.

And I tell you this, as soon as we locate the remnants of the 'B' ark, were all in for a big supprise!
What does being a Clanner mean? No contractions: Neither verbal, nor physical!

Loremaster Emeritus
=Clan Diamond Shark=

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 11:19:32 PM »
hnn this is rather humerous. An image made for fun by an unknown member of the homo sapiens sapien running of to become a retarded dialogue of who may make fun or not of a specific mindset.

I assume its only those who follows a certain path that is allowed to make fun of it. That in my three decades of studying religion, comparative mythology, psychology and the connection between the human mind and the trigger to a certain mindset has shown me to be true. None I have personally  had the pleasure to talk with have deviated much from this. Though in defense of such followers the opposition, whatever that may be, is equally much to be blamed for for smurfing another persons mindset. We are indiviuals and each of us has the right to believe in what we want without imposing it upon another. Doing the latter is where we as humans are stepping over the line.

Now I will not begin to disect either parties, that I will leave up to themself, and just give lessergod  some cool karma for being spot on while I was typing this. It actually may have saved someone from having their checks twitching a little from an unwillingly forced smile.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Cowking

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2011, 01:34:25 AM »
For a third time i quote his all reaching noodely-ness

"3. I'd really rather you didn't judge people for the way they look, or how they dress, or the way they talk, or, well, just play nice, Okay? Oh, and get this into your thick heads: woman = person. man = person. Samey = Samey. One is not better than the other, unless we're talking about fashion and I'm sorry, but I gave that to women and some guys who know the difference between teal and fuschia."

RAmen, may we all be boned for having no taste in fashion!

(Now lets go blow something up/set it on fire! Pyromaniacs of the world! IGNITE!)

Offline [CW]Aresye

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-1
  • Clan Wolf
    • Clan Wolf
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2011, 02:55:22 AM »
I do want to apologize for the aggression of my last post.  Was a pretty bad morning at work, so I was worked up already.

My viewpoint still stands, but it's neither a religious nor scientific standpoint.  We have no idea where we came from, what our purpose is, and whether there is some form of higher power or not.  We cannot describe nor comprehend these things based on our current scientific standpoint, and 3-dimensional world.  I didn't intend this to become a religion vs atheism debate.  I was originally frustrated because the person behind the 2nd image was clearly intending to make a joke about christianity, yet couldn't even spend the small bit of time to learn the basis of what he was intending to make fun of.  It isn't based on fact, because religion is not fact.  Religion is based on faith.

To perhaps help as an example.  It's the equivalent of somebody making a BT themed picture of Phelan Kell that said, "I'm going to join Clan Wolf in order to establish a new star league.  Then I'm going to take the clan to the inner sphere to protect it from the very clans I created."

If somebody made a similar picture, but with that as the theme, a lot of you would likely get annoyed.  It isn't inaccurate by a factual standpoint, because it's a fictional universe, yet it isn't accurate in relation to the lore.

Offline Mekabuser=12thVR=

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +44/-0
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2011, 08:05:08 AM »
An increased percentage of those who dont believe in any higher power is imo one of the best by products of internet dialogue. I am always surprised how many there are, and whom.
I have also, as far as I remember, not come across any "hard core" atheists. Or even just atheists who were assholes. Theyve all been amusing , so I think for the most part , hard core atheist thing is just bs propaganda. Dawkins maybe, but from what i recall, he was just frank and flabbergasted.
The internet also really , really brings into focus convoluted religious thinking.
The thing that always bothers me though, is the mental energy and in many cases intellect , that is wasted attempting to rationalize or defend higher powers. The xian ones ALONE are nauseating. M sure theres so much waste in the muslim world too.Jews , india, all wasted intellect. Not to mention the sheep that are led astray by the charlatans.  Which reminds me , the message of jc, whom i know, is fantastic, its just all the God stuff that is BS. Dont know about other religions, but have a feeling the koran is much more OT and not so lovey dovey. Siddartha , probably pretty good too, but iirc, no need for higher power.

The point of my signature is multiplied infinitely when you contemplate "man" and "the universe" Take a good look at ,oh i dont know , a hubble deep field and mankind is a mote. Yet somehow we all think that everything revolves around our understanding of a superior being who made us... and everything. Fascinating.

Indoctrination is Strong. Just like a dog thats taught to, begs. It was dismaying watching my 2 year old nephew who can barely put words together, but would want to go to "house of jesus" because thats where grandma is.

In conclusion, hope the internet continues to spread the atheist thought process. Frees up alot of intellectual power for things like, the betterment of yourself and mankind.

Offline Taemien

• Star Colonel
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2011, 08:13:31 AM »
If the discussion is going to continue, does everyone know the difference between God and god? Yes there's a capital letter and a lower case letter, but does everyone know what it means? Just making sure we're on the same page if we're gonna talk about beliefs.

Offline Zaro27

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Nicest Motherfapper Here
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2011, 08:52:44 AM »
If the discussion is going to continue, does everyone know the difference between God and god? Yes there's a capital letter and a lower case letter, but does everyone know what it means? Just making sure we're on the same page if we're gonna talk about beliefs.

God - Yahweh, the Judeo-Christian traditional god. See also: Holy Trinity, Jesus Christ, Bible, Vatican, Pope, Yeshua, Christianity

god - Synonym for deity. Notable gods include Zeus, Thor, Anubis, Marduk, Yahweh, Loki, Satan, Morrigan, and Shiva, although thousands of others exist.
I want to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that won't screw to save it's species. I want to open the dump valves on oil tankers and smother all those French beaches I'll never see. I want to breathe smoke. I want to destroy something beautiful.

Offline Taemien

• Star Colonel
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2011, 09:42:10 AM »

God - Yahweh, the Judeo-Christian traditional god. See also: Holy Trinity, Jesus Christ, Bible, Vatican, Pope, Yeshua, Christianity

god - Synonym for deity. Notable gods include Zeus, Thor, Anubis, Marduk, Yahweh, Loki, Satan, Morrigan, and Shiva, although thousands of others exist.

We're on the same page then  :D

Offline eRkkituo

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +48/-6
  • Clan Jade Wolf (SCM). Resident ninja developer.
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2011, 01:28:09 PM »
(Now lets go blow something up/set it on fire! Pyromaniacs of the world! IGNITE!)

Resident pyromaniac summoned. Now let us begin burning things.