Author Topic: MWBU Public Server  (Read 5351 times)

Offline Globel

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
  • Baby, thinkin of you keeps me up all night
MWBU Public Server
« on: August 09, 2011, 08:38:22 AM »
Hello, I am posting our Public servers map rotation to see what you all think. We will be hosting some community maps on it to spice things up abit. I hope the auto downloader works for you all, if not check out our map pack at http://downloads.mwbu.net or you can download our the maps individually at http://downloads.mwbu.net/maps.

TSA_SandBlasted
TSA_Northwind   (http://downloads.mwbu.net/maps/TSA_Northwind.zip)
TC_DeathValley
TSA_Mirage
TC_RingofFire (http://downloads.mwbu.net/maps/TC_RingofFire.zip)

----------------------------------------------
You drive me crazy
I just cant sleep
Im so excited, I'm in too deep
Ohh...crazy, but it feels alright

Offline Draekros

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-0
  • Beware the Undead Ninja Wabbits...
Re: MWBU Public Server
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 11:36:33 AM »
That looks good Globel. Though we may need some more custom maps, I know I have been Mirage'd to death recently, others have been Sandblasted to oblivion. Still if we can get some good games going, it doesn't really matter what map we're playing.  8)

Oh! Frost has a new ver of his TC Ring o' Fire map which we were play testing a bit tonight. I think he has to do a little more work so there will most likely be an even newer ver of this map available tomorrow sometime.

Edit: damn! I like the theme for this sub-forum. I'd love it for the whole forum site (for myself) - any way to do that? Didn't notice a way to customize forum theme in the settings (of course I've probably gone blind)...

12th Vegan Rangers. Beta Regiment.

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +158/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 11:47:41 AM »
That looks good Globel. Though we may need some more custom maps, I know I have been Mirage'd to death recently, others have been Sandblasted to oblivion. Still if we can get some good games going, it doesn't really matter what map we're playing.  8)

Indeed. And more TC maps please! We don't need yet another TSA heavy server ;)

Offline xDeityx

• Alphatester
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-2
  • "War is fear cloaked in courage." Gen Westmoreland
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »
I agree with both of the above posts.  I would suggest TC_Sandblasted instead of TSA and maybe TC Thunder Rift instead of Mirage.
"Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the One, One is a Warrior, and He will bring the others back." --  Heraclitus

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 06:04:06 PM »

Edit: damn! I like the theme for this sub-forum. I'd love it for the whole forum site (for myself) - any way to do that? Didn't notice a way to customize forum theme in the settings (of course I've probably gone blind)...

Profile -> Account Settings -> Look and Layout -> Current Theme (Change) -> 3rd theme option (MWLL)

Please note there is a small bug in the CSS that leaves the Quick-Reply box stretched very far. Not an issue if you do not use the Quick-Reply feature.

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +158/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 06:11:59 PM »
Profile -> Account Settings -> Look and Layout -> Current Theme (Change) -> 3rd theme option (MWLL)

Please note there is a small bug in the CSS that leaves the Quick-Reply box stretched very far. Not an issue if you do not use the Quick-Reply feature.

That's actually an issue in the HTML code. The CSS code is what makes it right again.
See http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,14609.msg234850.html#msg234850

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 06:19:41 PM »

That's actually an issue in the HTML code. The CSS code is what makes it right again.
See http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,14609.msg234850.html#msg234850

I see. Either way, it sure would be nice if someone fixed it.

Thanks for the clarification. =)

Offline linkinfrost

• Apprentice Dev
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 09:11:46 PM »
For now I'd suggest yanking Ring of Fire off. Last weekend our large scale play test showed some significant flaws (and some good stuff too). I'll be working through the next version which has been significantly updated. Maybe this coming weekend we can do another big play test on custom maps with the new version and decide if it's ready to go mainstream or not.

>>>I don't want to hijack your thread and make it about Ring of Fire so please respond to this thread in the actual RoF custom maps thread.

W.r.t. 'MWBU Public Server', I think you should only migrate player maps from the custom maps server to public once they are ready for prime-time. You dont want to risk the potential player base when the entire server migrates away because of a bad map.

Offline =KoS= Eldragon

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +91/-2
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 09:20:39 PM »
TSA_Sandblasted and TSA_Mirage get more than enough play time. Too much really.

Maybe TC_UrbanJungle, TC_Sandblasted, and TSA_Frostbite instead?

Offline Draekros

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +18/-0
  • Beware the Undead Ninja Wabbits...
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 03:37:10 AM »

Thanks Bloodycrow! I thought I was blind... so obvious! Hehe. Anyway +1 for you.  8)

12th Vegan Rangers. Beta Regiment.

Offline 4204ME

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +38/-0
    • MWBU
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 12:45:02 AM »
with the winds of RL and other obligations we have been erratic about making sure a consistent method for map selection and what is on the public vs test server. we are announcing a dedicated server manager/community liaison guy shortly..

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 05:21:42 AM »
TSA_SandBlasted
TSA_Northwind   (http://downloads.mwbu.net/maps/TSA_Northwind.zip)
TC_DeathValley
TSA_Mirage
TC_RingofFire (http://downloads.mwbu.net/maps/TC_RingofFire.zip)

Fixed. (Any other map will do, seriously, just not those three.)
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline linkinfrost

• Apprentice Dev
  • MechWarrior
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 12:05:49 AM »
Can you give some instructions on how to have the maps uploaded to the MWBU FTP?

Offline Globel

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +4/-0
  • Baby, thinkin of you keeps me up all night
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2011, 01:50:52 AM »
Can you give some instructions on how to have the maps uploaded to the MWBU FTP?

As of right now maps have to be submitted in person. We need to be able to review the maps before there in league play just in-case. You can submit them to Toasterpastries, Emylightsaber, Or myself. We might make map updating a monthly/weekly thing it is a pain to update 1 map over 6+ servers and the download site. Maybe make a new map open merch night every week on the day I update all the servers.

----------------------------------------------
You drive me crazy
I just cant sleep
Im so excited, I'm in too deep
Ohh...crazy, but it feels alright

Offline linkinfrost

• Apprentice Dev
  • MechWarrior
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2011, 10:59:23 PM »
Cool. Thanks Globel. Can you (or someone else with permissions) put the new version of Ring of Fire in the rotation. Please set it for TC with 1k tickets per team.

This is the result of a full week of rebuilding the map from the ground up to be more 'mech' friendly with lots of open areas for long range fights (and still some areas which will favor brawlers).

Link to File: http://linkinfrost.fileave.com/TC_RingofFire.zip

Thanks!