Author Topic: Building a templar from salvage (image heavy thread)  (Read 7111 times)

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
Re: Building a templar from salvage (image heavy thread)
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 12:27:13 AM »
How about a canon summoner!!! I nerdgasmed when I saw the detail with that templar, brovo mate, seriously! And with the pictures taken at each phase it made me feel like i was in the hanger, I could hear the welding and screeching of metal, the smell of coolant and expelled ammunition. Beautiful simply beautiful.

Thanks Mate, glad i can share my enjoyment of Btech with others like you
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +165/-14
  • Fun now allowed
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 06:03:36 AM »
Id love to be able to model like this. You could say goodbye neighbours garden train set.

fapping clan invasion up in that shit, all your minitures running for their lives.

Fantastic.
"Arguing about battlemechs off the field of battle is like arguing as a spheroid, even if you win, you're still a freebirth!"

'It's too bad they don't have a "Report to Mother button", I bet you'd be slapping that one twenty-four-seven so she'd come dry your tears when your own idiocy leads you to failure in a game on the internet.' - dimachaerus

New idea- would I be able to use an external hard drive to add RAM and/or improve gigahertz?

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 02:38:34 AM »
Thanks DeathBane, the image of trainset carnage made me lol, would be fun
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 06:11:25 AM »
Bumped since there is some discussion about New IS assault mech's

Templar , Haupty, battlemaster...... which will it be ?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:18:52 AM by [CG]Anastasius Focht »

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +340/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 03:06:31 PM »
Hauptmann (that cheeky cigar in it's mouth) or even Crab/King Crab (I've always liked them). Having said that maybe a Banshee I know it's not exactly a turbo lover, but it looks proper awesome!

Keep us posted either way.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:13:55 PM by Bill »

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 07:04:04 AM »
If I had the money i would get you to make me a MAd Dog/Vulture LOL

Funnily enough the last vulture i made is in Canada as we speak

Its an MW4 version as you can see.

I was just looking through my template sheets last week and pulled out the templates for that model, with a view to building 3 more.
But i'm also tossing up doing a new build based on the original artwork too.

Decisions decisions. i could also do a hybrid with the MW4 legs/feet and body and replace the arms with original barrel type cannons
so where are you getting the materials from are you recycling metal and stuff? and you need to get a to scale model train set and build out  a whole mechbay assembly area with to scale working train with all your skills you could likely make battltech era trains.

Think you could do four legged mechs?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 07:15:59 AM by Alex Kerensky »
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 08:13:27 AM »
I use mostly new materiel, sheet balsa and styrene, but i do use bits and pieces as well.
The brass machine guns on my mad cats are female pins from an old RS232 computer cable plug as an example.
The chest plates on the BK's are cut from some old self saucing pudding containers
The nose of the daishi is a clear plastic deoderant cap
The sat dish on the atlas is a brass thumb tack etc etc

Building say a goliath wouldnt be any harder than any other chassis, but to be honest i never really liked quads even back in the CBT tabletop days.

I did once look at a train set diorama with a view to using it to display my collection, but 30 plus mechs and vehicles as well it would take up a lot of room.
My collection of Sci fi models has been offered to and accepted by the local toy museum when i croak, and it features a large collection of train sets. So its not impossible that they may end up being displayed in that mode eventually.
That day is (hopefully) a long way away, but the plan is to fund the building of a wing to house my collection, and i plan to canvas the idea when that time comes.

http://toyandrailwaymuseum.com.au/leuralla-toymodeltrainailw.html

http://toyandrailwaymuseum.com.au/leuralla-collectableanttoy.html

Here is a build thread which will give you an idea of what goes into making one

http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,15544.0.html
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:19:24 AM by [CG]Anastasius Focht »

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 03:38:29 PM »
well when you ever get that build let me have a look and for me add some train track with custom made trains perhaps :P
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.