Author Topic: HOW TO MUTE IN-GAME MICs.  (Read 7972 times)

Offline Hartsblade}12th VR{

• Alphatester
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
Re: HOW TO MUTE IN-GAME MICs.
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 05:30:06 PM »
hmm...I just unchecked the "enable voice comms" box in the set up.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Waffnuffly

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +73/-0
  • Up next on the Violence Channel: "Oww, My Balls!"
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 06:01:21 PM »
I could have sworn I turned that off first thing when I installed MWLL, but it never worked. I'm gonna have to check it again.

Offline xDeityx

• Alphatester
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-2
  • "War is fear cloaked in courage." Gen Westmoreland
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 06:15:03 PM »
That mutes everyone indiscriminately though.  The method in the OP allows you to choose who you want to mute.
"Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the One, One is a Warrior, and He will bring the others back." --  Heraclitus

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +339/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 06:17:59 PM »
An alternate method to combat armchair generals is to reply constantly with "arsadgjspihgisdgsihgsdhghishihehrieirrureituet" to any tactical discourse they choose to mumble at you.

Offline Hartsblade}12th VR{

• Alphatester
  • Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +25/-0
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 07:11:18 PM »
That mutes everyone indiscriminately though.  The method in the OP allows you to choose who you want to mute.

I know, but since the built in crysis voice comms is soooo bad I figure it's easier just to kill it all together  :)

Offline Straylight

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
  • Reasonably Disagreeable
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 03:31:20 AM »
I did the same as Hartsblade and just turned the whole thing off. The only person who ever used it that wasn't a choppy mess in my ear was CoolJ, and I got REAL tired of listening to him the moment something didn't go exactly the way he wanted it to in a pub game.

And it's not the "tactical discourse" that's the problem, Bill. It's a) that Crysis in-game voice chat sucks in the first place, and b) it's the whining that happens when a bunch of ignorant pubbers ignore the one cocky clanner in the game who "knows" what he's doing.

Nonetheless; thank you Wazza for the tip. I'd've* probably not figured it out on my own.

* - screw you, English!
If you get killed, try to scream a lot. That way I'll know I'm on my own.

A Note:
There's a difference between constructive feedback and positive feedback. I will attempt the former, but until and unless there is a rule instituted that requires all feedback to be positive, I'm under no obligation to be nice. If you do something that sucks, I will tell you it sucks, and why, and mincing words or stroking egos over it only slows us both down.

Offline Xarg Talasko

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +159/-6
  • KANE LIVES!
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 04:17:31 AM »
^ I laughed.

Thief gameplay + Doom3 engine = The Dark Mod

Offline [CW]Aresye

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-1
  • Clan Wolf
    • Clan Wolf
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 06:05:19 AM »
I think Straylight finally said who everybody else was referring to.

Offline =KoS= Tripod

• Alphatester
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-0
    • Kos Boards
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 06:27:58 AM »
I think Aresye just made it awkward ::)

Offline Straylight

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +43/-0
  • Reasonably Disagreeable
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 11:30:09 AM »
Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em. People who don't like it can see me in a Circle of Equals. Or better yet, can bugger off, because they aren't worth my time.

I get that this can be an intense game and I get that emotions can run hot in the middle of a fight, particularly one that you're losing but think you shouldn't be. I also get that a certain degree of smack talk is accepted in online gaming in general. None of that, however, excuses a player who, instead of trying to help his team by talking them through tactics that might be too complicated for an average group of pubbers to self-organize, goes off on a foulmouthed rant, insulting and belittling his teammates with an endless stream of vulgarity... that is poor sportsmanship, pure and simple, and should not be acceptable anywhere, least of all in a game that is completely dependent on its existing community to bring new blood into the game and keep the project alive.

I personally wish there was some form of overwatch game-wide that could deter this kind of behaviour, but I realize that is beyond the scope of the project and that's understandable. Until then, we have to rely on server moderators, who are frequently absent or uncontactable, to police their own games or otherwise on the clans themselves to maintain certain standards within their ranks. Some clans refuse to do this, and some even seem to encourage poor behavior, so off voice chat goes.

Hell, if there was a way to block chat text from specific people, I'd be doing that too. Anyone know if there's a command for it?
If you get killed, try to scream a lot. That way I'll know I'm on my own.

A Note:
There's a difference between constructive feedback and positive feedback. I will attempt the former, but until and unless there is a rule instituted that requires all feedback to be positive, I'm under no obligation to be nice. If you do something that sucks, I will tell you it sucks, and why, and mincing words or stroking egos over it only slows us both down.

Offline Bill

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +339/-78
  • I can use the Internet to flaunt my fetters.
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 12:19:56 PM »
And it's not the "tactical discourse" that's the problem, Bill. It's a) that Crysis in-game voice chat sucks in the first place, and b) it's the whining that happens when a bunch of ignorant pubbers ignore the one cocky clanner in the game who "knows" what he's doing.

Thanks stray, I've never been in a public game before. So I'd have had no idea who you were referring to otherwise.

Now I'm going to go touch my wanger till it bleeds milk.

Offline [CW]Aresye

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +156/-1
  • Clan Wolf
    • Clan Wolf
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 04:25:15 PM »
Your avatar Bill.  It trolls too hard!!!!

Straylight: I don't think there's a way to disable in-game chat for specific users, or even in general.  All I do know is whenever I'm on a server with a particular armchair general berating their team for not listening to every word of advice they give, it doesn't do anything for the community.  In fact, I think it's counter-productive, because I for one, enjoy MWLL for the sole reason everybody on voice comms isn't a loud mouth.

Offline WaZzA

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +12/-0
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 05:11:47 PM »

This has a 50% chance of working, if ticked off, half/less/same amount (yes it varies) can STILL hear you and see your speaker flashing.

If anyone else wants to use Left Alt for TS3/Vent & refuses to make it anything else cause of its convenient spot. This may help.
http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,14153.0.html

Ty bros. Big bro hug to you all. 8)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 05:48:15 PM by WaZzA »

Offline Magnus

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2011, 07:33:02 AM »
OP is not a FAG!

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2011, 03:07:25 PM »

I know, but since the built in crysis voice comms is soooo bad I figure it's easier just to kill it all together  :)

Tried turning the voice down in the game menu and change it manually in your actionmap and mark it read only. (Check all actionmaps in the Profile).

Code: [Select]
    <action name="voice_chat_talk" onPress="0" onRelease="0">
      <key name=""/>

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush