Author Topic: 0.6.0 Weapons/Vehicle Stats (Damage, Armor, etc)  (Read 21762 times)

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
Re: 0.6.0 Weapons/Vehicle Stats (Damage, Armor, etc)
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2013, 08:23:15 AM »
I missed .7? :o
Yeah, will do all the things necessary to update this and some other things. Probably within the next few hours, but maybe it'll take a couple of days.

And I missed even more! :-\ :'(

EDIT: Seems that some files inside the GameData.pak got renamed (maybe even changed) - the script is not running properly anymore. And since I don't know Python, I can only hope that Hiruma Kai himself may provide a fix.

Offline d3jake

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-2
  • [CGB] Pilots Captured Long Toms
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2013, 04:50:26 PM »
I should download the patch and see if I can edit the script from my laptop and upload it. We shall see!

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2013, 06:18:39 PM »
If you know your way around the files inside the GameData.pak, it should be quite easy. But if you don't, you probably would have to spend a lot of time learning where everything is stored.

Offline ELH_Vivicector

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +49/-4
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2013, 02:29:10 PM »
So, was anyone able to update it up to 0.7.1?

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +36/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2014, 02:23:02 AM »
So, was anyone able to update it up to 0.7.1?

Not that I've heard. I'm still using the old version. :(
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2014, 07:36:11 PM »
Well, I've learned Python by now, but I don't really think this would be worth the effort. :(

Offline Silvercraft

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +38/-0
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2014, 01:38:22 PM »
It would be great to have all the material available updated to final release stats. If nothing else this would make it easier to update the MWLL wiki   ::)

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2014, 10:53:22 PM »
"Great" as in "you would like it, and *maybe* two more people would, too". If I feel bored for some reason, I might look into the script and try to fix it. But I won't promise anything.

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +36/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2014, 07:09:44 AM »
"Great" as in "you would like it, and *maybe* two more people would, too". If I feel bored for some reason, I might look into the script and try to fix it. But I won't promise anything.

MWLL popularity does appear to be on the rise again. There were a number of people in the upcoming tournament that were asking questions that an updated stats database could answer. I know that I'd use an updated stats database. I guess it really depends on how outdated the .6 version is. Does anybody have any idea as to how much most of the weapon stats changed? Was it pretty much just the UACs? And also heat?
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2014, 09:10:48 AM »
While we changed tons of stuff it should be pretty self explanatory on the whole.

Gauss and Clan Gauss have same damage and ROF now.

CERPPC, PPC, ERPPC... the only thing I remember for sure is bug fixing so that the particle dies at its stated range rather than 50-70m later.

SSRMs have more heat and slower ROF but more damage i think? They were rebalanced to be less spammy.

Heat was completely rebalanced on lasers, pushing the curve up on the small and medium variants while pushing the heat slightly down on some of the large variants and keeping it untouched on others.

CLRMs and CATMs had their minimum ranges tweaked so that they are better and more consistent at them.

Hgauss had ammo increased.

ELRMs had their tracking tweaked so they hit more consistently at long range.

Mguns tweaked to be more useful at close range vs mechs and tanks and balanced vs air (removed x9 modifier).

LBX damage normalized throughout sizes and range increased for 2 and 5 variants.

ACs damage increased per shot and ROF decreased for AC2 and AC5. AC10 and AC20 DPS adjusted for splash damage and despawn at their stated range.

All UACs redone to be burst fire and normalized in DPS. Use of Bullet code means no splash damage from UAC10 or UAC20 no bullet drop and better hit detection instead.

All ballistic weapons except Gauss and Mguns create non negligible heat. UAC10s and UAC20s create lots of heat if fired frequently.

Clan side torso destroyed damage transfer decreased by a third to simulate smaller XL engines.

Tbolts normalized for damage per ton across sizes, decreased splash damage in favor of more pinpoint damage, decreased damage singleshot somewhat to vastly increase damage per ton.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2014, 12:14:17 PM »
I'd like to cry a bit over this whole mess we are in. But instead I'll take a look into the script now.

EDIT: Seems that some ammo-types were missing (respectively their .xml-files). The script was looking for the specific multiplayer-ammo that seemed to be cleanly existent before 0.7, but for some reason not all ammo-types have a multiplayer-"pendant" anymore since 0.7. That either means that somebody worked sloppily (and slightly messed up the file structure) or that certain weapons don't use their proper ammunition. Either way, I'll use the non-multiplayer-ammo as a fallback for now (it only concerns two weapons anyway, one of them is the HAG30 I never heard about before :P ).

EDIT2: I hijacked the script and created a new thread, since I like to have control over thread title and first post. If you ever show up again, Hiruma Kai, I'll gladly hand back your work. Thanks for the ~1000 lines of code you provided, I had to add about 5 myself (but I also changed some code aesthetics, sorry :P ).

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2014, 05:46:30 PM »
HAG30 was Aurailius' brainchild that I wouldn't allow ingame.
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Offline cest73

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +19/-13
  • there are links in my signature -->
    • MW:LL game status online (thanks: Spooky)
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2015, 09:35:03 AM »
HAG30 was Aurailius' brainchild that I wouldn't allow ingame.
:-[
now, that's plain mean, sir!
 :-\
just kidding 8)
"Complete destruction of House No. 1, located 3,500 feet from ground zero, by an atomic blast on March 17, 1953, at Yucca Flat at the Nevada Proving Ground"

HPG data-links: Easy tweak FPS n'more
1st 2 weeks and BA guide
101 Survival guide;[R.S.]
NEWS!

Offline xInVicTuSx

• Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +193/-5
  • Knight of the Inner Sphere
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2015, 03:06:16 AM »
A godly necro sir.

It's funny how one in game year makes the difference between top of the line toy and dark age trash.
-Invictus ne Vindicetur-