Author Topic: Stuck weapons  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Cik

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +55/-2
Stuck weapons
« on: January 10, 2012, 10:25:45 AM »
recently i had a stuck gauss rifle on a blood asp. this has happened to me before, but obviously it was not on the blood asp as that wasn't released yet. this occurred after my left(?) torso was completely destroyed in battle. i returned to base and repaired. though i was showing all-green, my weapon was stuck. and not 'destroyed' red-text stuck, but as if it were reloading. it would not fire at all, and was shown as reloading for at least 3-4 minutes, after which i decided to charge the enemy line that was at least 75% fafnirs. then i died, and the problem was solved. but i thought i would let you guys know in case you haven't heard of it before. it seems to only happen rarely; i would say it has only happened to me 2-3 times, at most. i can not recall what other assets it occurred on, as it was ages ago. just a guess: it might be related to a weapon being destroyed during a reloading cycle, causing it to stick that way forever. i'll see if i can get it to do it again sometime tomorrow.

note: blood asp prime, the one with paired gauss rifles.

Offline thEClaw

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +75/-0
Re: Stuck weapons
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 10:44:48 AM »
The same happens quite frequently to me in the Hollander B. There the bug (if it even is one, could be a feature) seems to occur when the main weapon gets destroyed while cooling down. If this is a feature indeed, the Hollander should not get repaired at all  when entering a repair bay since it is useless without its main weapon. And it is stupid to boot it up just to see that it is now officially useless.

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +71/-61
    • cyofee
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 10:58:55 AM »
This happened to me several times in the RAC2 Partisan, so I don't think that weapons being destroyed is the cause.

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 12:35:39 PM »

Offline Cygma

• MWLL Developer
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +65/-1
    • 7th Regiment Wolfs Dragoons
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 10:53:02 PM »
There the bug seems to occur when the main weapon gets destroyed while cooling down.
That one is known and AFAIR the workaround is power-down, exit, re-enter. That the same can apparently happen with reloading is new info (at least for me).
<Insert cool content here>

Offline Defender

• Creative Director
  • Project Director
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +65535/-65535
  • CHAOTIC NEUTRAL
    • Patrick Salerno's Porfolio
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 11:04:30 PM »
There the bug seems to occur when the main weapon gets destroyed while cooling down.
That one is known and AFAIR the workaround is power-down, exit, re-enter. That the same can apparently happen with reloading is new info (at least for me).

The sad part is that this seems to be the Skeleton Key Fix to rectify bugs we can't even reproduce properly.
"A Goal without Vision is a Hallucination"

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."