Author Topic: Connection and Play Issues  (Read 3361 times)

Offline bio830

• Bondsman
  • l33tp0intz: +0/-0
  • Im just a young but experienced gamer and modder.
Connection and Play Issues
« on: May 03, 2012, 01:44:56 AM »
okay, I am getting server authentication(3) error on every server except on funbocks. I have a valid cd key throught crysis maximum edition, because the normal game for all three games works just fine. Also when i play i never get more than a few seconds until im kicked out of the game with a message, modified game files. please revert to original installation. I do not understand why this mod has never worked for me. i will try repair like one person suggested, but it never worked before. please any other suggestion would be helpful. thank you

update* I have run build repair and it tells me the valid is valid, but ingame still says otherwise.

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
Re: Connection and Play Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 01:49:40 AM »
[Crysis Wars Hard-Copy] Server Authentication Failed (3)

Add CD-Key via the Tools application
1. Go to "..\My Documents\My Games\" and delete the whole "Crysis Wars" folder.
2. On the Crysis Warheads DVD open the folder "Tools" and double click on "Crysis_Warhead(R)_code.exe".
3. Re-Enter your CD-Key in capital letters and click "OK".
4. Launch Crysis Wars and create a new Profile.
5. Test to see if the Key has been successfully installed by joining a Multiplayer game with Punkbuster enabled.

Add CD-Key manually to Registry
1a. If Windows XP: Start -> Run
1b. If Windows Vista/Windows 7: Start -> All Programs -> Accessoires -> Run
2. Type in "regedit" (without "") and press Enter
3. Search for the CD Key manually: Edit > Find (Ctrl+F) > type "ergc" (without "") and press Enter
4. Windows 32-Bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts\Crysis Wars\ergc
5. Windows 64-Bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Crysis Wars\ergc
6. Check if your CD-Key is available as a value in the right window. If not double-click on "(Default)" and type
in the key without "-" and in capital letters. (NB: Some OS actually has the "-" between the 4-digit code)
7. Close the regedit.exe and run Crysis Wars once and login with your Profile.

[Crysis Wars Steam-copy]
http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/2011-01/steam-cd-key-issues/
Many new users in our community have bought  the Steam super sale for the Crysis Maximum Edition and are facing the same problem: Authentication Failed (3) when connecting to a Wars or MWLL server.

We would like to state that this is not an issue with Mechwarrior: Living Legends. Our suspicion is that Steam supplied a flawed installer or key in their distribution system which will popup a warning message when trying to play an Online game. This can be confirmed by opening up regular Crysis Wars / Crysis and go to Multiplayer –> Internet and selecting a CD Key protected server (many servers are not asking for a CD key authentication whereas MWLL will always ask for a key). Usually the ones running PunkBuster are protected and can be used for testing. Please use multiple server to test if your CD Key really is rejected.

Once you receive the message Your CD Key is invalid you are offered to enter your CD key manually. Sadly this will not fix the underlying issue: Steam overwrites the CD key each time you launch the game. This is done by the Steam Application using a helper script that tells it: Whenever the game is started, write the following Key in the registry. This key is not properly formatted for many users, it is missing the “-” (dashes) in the CD Key (“AAAA-BBBB-CCCC-DDDD” format) and hence will be rejected by the authentication process.

Luckily we have a bright and eager community that never gives up!  lonkero173 posted a solution that will be extended to allow auto-adding the proper key each time.

Open the following file in a text editor (ex. Notepad): [steam root]\steamapps\common\crysis wars\installscript.vdf

This is just an extract from the file but the %CDKEY% part is important:

“registry”

{
    “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Electronic Arts\\Electronic Arts\\Crysis Wars\\ergc”
    {
    “string”
    {
    “(Default)”      ”%CDKEY%”
    }
    }

This is the part that overwrite your CD key with the wrong one. To fix this issue permanently remove the %CDKEY% part and replace it with the properly formatted Crysis Wars CD Key. You will receive this one with your Crysis Warhead Installation by right clicking on the Crysis Warhead link in your Game Library and selecting “Show Product Key“.

One you entered this key in the install script it will still overwrite your CD key but this time with a properly formatted one. Your CD Key issues are now resolved!

Offline bio830

• Bondsman
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 01:51:00 AM »
i am trying this now, again, i will use the tool way this time. reply in a moment...

Offline bio830

• Bondsman
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 01:59:41 AM »
okay, i am able to connect to a punkbuster server, but it says nocdkey in the name, and all other punkbuster servers say cd key check failed and i therefore connot join. i used the tool and the key was already entered and i double checked it; it was right. Which dvd and which cd key should i be using?

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 02:02:03 AM »
The Crysis Warhead key is used to play Crysis Wars. I have the Steam version, so I don't know which DVD that is.

Offline bio830

• Bondsman
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 02:07:01 AM »
i will try both cd keys. i realized that i have modified the wrong user, hold on i will do this process again on the correct one and i will come back here

Offline bio830

• Bondsman
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 02:19:05 AM »
Okay well now even crysis wars dosent work online even though the key is there and i right.

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 02:20:24 AM »
Did you buy the game used? The key may have been previously registered.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 04:21:38 AM »
Hum, you might be a good test subject for the application I made: http://forum.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php/topic,17421.0.html  :P

It will tell you if your Crysis Warhead/Wars cd-key (its the same, and the one you should be using) is valid of not. From then if its valid, you can even as a last resort install the Crysis Wars trial version and use your cd-key, that it'll have to work. But we'll find where your problem is.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 03:45:06 PM »
I also have this issue i'm, only able to join funblocks and i use the steam version.. (yes i know this topic is old.)
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 06:36:18 PM »
It seems a problem with your CDKey then (Funblocks isn't validating them). Try the app I mentioned in the post above yours.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" ©okaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 05:10:40 PM »
still invalidm sent support ticket to steam and e-mailed a guy who helped my sister with Ea's Sims3 pets.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.