Author Topic: Operation Veiled Thunder  (Read 4504 times)

Offline ELH_KillThemALL

• Alphatester
  • MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +20/-4
  • Eridani Light Horse
    • Eridani Light Horse
Re: Operation Veiled Thunder
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 06:41:06 AM »
I quite like the concept, the open terrain wasn't too troublesome for me. It's may be a tad big though and it definitely wouldn't hurt to make most of the terrain a little bit more "rough" and may be add some additional cover here and there.
This^^
The concept is pretty interesting. But I think map needs more cover like stones on DeathValley or buildings on Marshes. Because now map will be play like LRM / ATM fest.

Pubs are boring! Twinkletoes
Fundrops are fun!
Planetary League will makes me into ecstasy!

Offline CGB [Ancient Demise]

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +57/-0
  • Clan Ghost Bear
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 12:46:34 AM »
I think I'm going to add an oval shaped string of large rocks around the firebase and here and there for more cover. I was also thinking about adding two more lams turrets at the fire base (for the other two corners) to make it more defendable when clan has it.

"Most discipline is hidden discipline, designed not to liberate but to limit. Do not ask 'Why.' Be cautious with 'How.' 'Why' leads inexorably to paradox. 'How' traps you in a universe of cause and effect. Both deny the infinite."
---The Apocrypha of Arrakis; Frank Herbert, Heretics of Dune

Offline =CJW=YalK

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +96/-1
  • There's no brakes on the Rape Train
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 04:37:41 AM »
"ambient...temperature..."
"...all systems...nominal..."

Also, Whammy IIC in the N/E clan base...I think the "original" and the second "reseen" ATM version

Expecting understanding and empathy on the internet (especially in Toast [especially by Bill]) = fail.
And I say hey hey hey....I said hey, what's goin' on And I say hey.... hey....I said hey, what's goin' on? >>> THIS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70yNAwUUsc0

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Clan Ghost Bear
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 02:00:36 AM »
Yes, there are two Warhammer IIC's. One is the prime variant (2 CERPPC, 5 MPLas, 1 SRM6) and the other is one that I made and enjoy in AT1 and MW2 - 2 CERPPC, 3 SRM6 (dumbfire ammo in AT1) and 4 CERSLas

In other news I have added ice shards and glacier fragments throughout the map to provide cover. I think it blends in the background well. I will finish and upload the map either later tonight or tomorrow.

"Most discipline is hidden discipline, designed not to liberate but to limit. Do not ask 'Why.' Be cautious with 'How.' 'Why' leads inexorably to paradox. 'How' traps you in a universe of cause and effect. Both deny the infinite."

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Clan Ghost Bear
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 12:55:14 AM »
Update: http://www.mwllmaps.com/maps/TC/TC_VeiledThunderV1.1.zip
EDIT: Okay there were some weird things going on with my 'export to engine' button but it should be all good now.

Due to the complex and tedious nature of repathing all the custom content this map contains, this download will replace your previous Veiled Thunder folder.

In addition to what is stated in the previous post, I have added two more lams turrets to the firebase so there is now one for each corner.

Sorry I did not have time to test it (not enough time), but it should work fine. Let me know if anything is seriously broken and I will fix it as soon as I get a spare moment.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 04:24:27 AM by CGB [Ancient Demise] »

• Apprentice Dev
  • Lance Sergeant
  • Clan Ghost Bear
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 12:10:21 AM »
*bump*

Has anyone played this since the update? Does it work?

Offline Warlord Kentax

• Lance Sergeant
  • l33tp0intz: +36/-1
    • 12th Vegan Rangers Forum
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2015, 01:07:56 AM »
Member of the 12th Vegan Rangers
http://twelfthvr.freeforums.org/index.php

See who is playing MWLL right now, without having to start the game: http://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html