Author Topic: *KNOWN ISSUE* Tag laser glitch  (Read 3577 times)

Offline [IPA] Taltos

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +12/-1
Re: *KNOWN ISSUE* Tag laser glitch
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 10:34:39 AM »
I will admit I stepped out of line with my comment, and I apologise to alexis for my rude response.
I think it would be more appropriate to apologize to the devs. After all, you deride their best development efforts quite rudely.  >:(

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 10:45:21 AM »
So are steps being taken to minimize this glitch? And perhaps finnaly get the legs to show as ally on the reticle?

The team is aware of the issue, and it is being addressed internally. Please remain patient.

@okaolias Meh I have my own list with all the BUG's :D and I like poking them with the reports :P Also the TAG=CBills is a gamebreaker that it completely removes the purpose of accumulating rank. Seeing it as a feature equals the same as being the dushbag abusing the bug imho.

And please stop harassing a member because they ask on an issues status, it really is not needed at any level. Now girls please take it to the locker room instead, this isn't the topic for it.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline okaolias

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +13/-2
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 11:58:08 AM »
I agree that the TAG=mad CBills is a game-breaking bug. I was refering to tagging friendly legs specifically, letting you see who's happy to abuse it to the point it causes grief to your own teammates.

@Taltos: I take it as a given that the devs that volunteer their time to make this awesome game are doing the best they can and I'm infinitely thankful that they keep working on it. I can see myself playing the game as it is, with its bugs glitches and quirks, for a long time to come. I consider fixes and additions a boon rather than a given.

Offline Vlaad

• Lead Developer
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +138/-1
  • 80 percent human
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 02:47:40 PM »
Oh you... you are a marvel.

Quote from: okaolias
What, exactly, do you think *known issue* means?
THEY think they do, WE do and agree with THEM but you don't.

Most of the time it means that the devs know about it, but don't give a damn. It will never be fixed. Ever. Because they just don't like people telling them that their shite is broken. So, they won't fix it, just to spite you.
Really? I really didn't know that we don't know. Even when its fixed but not reported/in need of testing. Because you know, devs are from same planet and belong to same species as most of the keyboard using things community and therefore we have to track every single issue and without a delay, report it in for everyone to see. But we don't... Just to show you whos boss we will fix this issue and put it in release log when its ready.

The rest of the time it means that Kit knows about it, but won't tell the devs, because they just don't like people telling them that their shite is broken. It's his way of telling people they should stop posting about it, because the devs might notice people are complaining, leading to them not fixing it, just to spite them.
Kit you bastard, this kind and totally trustworthy stranger said that you don't do your job good enough for free! Not only that but you are also hiding this good stuff from rest of us! Kit we have to talk. I see no other way.

Is this all cleared up now?
Yep, you showed us. I personally had my doubts and issues, but you opened my eyes. World is never going to be the same again.
pew-pew

Offline okaolias

• Recruit
  • l33tp0intz: +13/-2
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 04:45:48 PM »
I don't get it...

The post was sarcasm. I thought it would be funny writing something that is obviously false. It was written in response to alexis' obvious question. It was a harsh and unnecessary response, and again, I apologise to her, but it was never intended to bash the development team and their efforts. I have enough faith in you, that I thought that my silly comment wouldn't evoke anything more than a smirk and a roll of the eyes. I'm sorry if it came off as unappreciative, because I'm anything but.

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 05:28:05 PM »
To be fair, I understand the frustration over seeing stupid questions. And the internet makes it very easy to be an asshole without thinking about it.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised noone else read it as sarcasm either. But then again, that kind of sarcasm is very hard to notice on the internet when it's not absolutely dripping, or punctuated with relevant smilies.

It's unfortunate your attempt to be funny about something so obvious didn't work out, but at least you realized it was a little too blunt and apologized for it. ;)

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 10:48:28 PM »
What, exactly, do you think *known issue* means?

Most of the time it means that the devs know about it, but don't give a damn. It will never be fixed. Ever. Because they just don't like people telling them that their shite is broken. So, they won't fix it, just to spite you.

The rest of the time it means that Kit knows about it, but won't tell the devs, because they just don't like people telling them that their shite is broken. It's his way of telling people they should stop posting about it, because the devs might notice people are complaining, leading to them not fixing it, just to spite them.

Is this all cleared up now?

Ah, so you are quite an unpleasant fellow then. Makes it less strange now, that you are banned from the Outreach TS server ;).

@Alexis Kerensky: I think it's safe to assume that the friendly leg issue will be fixed rather sooner than later, along with a few other quirks, that the 0.6 patch brought upon us (including other TAG issues).
I realize that spooky I am attempting to re-rail the topic.

and i have to agree with bloody crow the lack of smileys hinted at it not being sarcasm.

I find your lack of smiley's in sarcasm disturbing.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.