Author Topic: Connection issues (Bulldog, TLL matchbox...)  (Read 2929 times)

Offline TheSneak

• MechWarrior
  • l33tp0intz: +24/-0
Connection issues (Bulldog, TLL matchbox...)
« on: November 18, 2012, 01:16:09 AM »
Hey everyone

Weirdness - tried to get online for a match this morning, but the only server I could connect to was a TLL one playing SA. All other servers (including Bulldog which I was playing on just last week) did not respond except to say 'connecting to server' forever...

Anyone else been experiencing any funky connection stuff? Has anything changed server-side since about last week?
"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about." -A. Einstein

Offline (TLL)KitLightning

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +524/-2
  • πάντα ρει, και ουδέν μένει
    • The Living Legends
Re: Connection issues (Bulldog, TLL matchbox...)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 02:04:05 AM »
If that happens on multiple servers I've experienced that either repairing the build fixed the issue or it was a profile issue, though thats not a long term solution as I see it.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
                                     "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +90/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 02:11:53 AM »
I had a look at it, as her couldn't connect to Matchbox too.

So for me, in =KoS= Bulldog: Puretech I can initially connect to it, but it keeps failing at a KeyExchange1 process. Rebooting the server will probably fix it. (TLL) Matchbox #1 US-TX, it takes a while to resolve the NAT address, but it eventually goes over it. If I type manually the address with the connect command, "connect 50.97.113.67:64100", it doesn't goes through it, which makes it faster. With (TLL) Matchbox #1 US-IL I have no problem.
Tools and I:
   - MWLL Online Launcher (LAN UDP Forwarder) - evolution of past "Le Proof of Concepto" project: connect without Gamespy via packet redirection;
   - Vehicle Browser - "Pocket Wiki" Šokaolias (not really that though);
   - Rconnect 4.3 - Server tools: map manager/player voting add-ons;
   - CryHammer - Validates Patch/CDKey of Crysis Wars (now unable to validate CDKey due to turned off Gamespy servers).

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 02:21:41 AM »
The servers needs rebooting more than just once a day, else it seems they are slipping the memory. Not sure if its the new hosts for TX and IL that may cause issues since I haven't experienced much difference from the old.

BUG Reports                                    Technical Issues                                       Install Errors

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein

Offline TheSneak

• MechWarrior
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 02:28:18 AM »
Hmmmm ok

Just had BenBen10 corroborate the Bulldog connecting forever thing... thanks mate.

Come on Bulldog admins! reset button! Who doesnt love a good hard reset every now and again...
"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about." -A. Einstein

Offline TheSneak

• MechWarrior
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 12:59:40 PM »
Seriously though Bulldog is the one remaining server australian ppl can play on... If it no work, the whole mod will lose its PRECIOUS southern hemisphere roots.

Precious. Southern. Hemisphere. Roots.

Think about it. It almost makes sense.

That and if bulldog doesnt come back, my MWLL career will be over...

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +165/-14
  • Fun now allowed
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 04:14:15 PM »
I can try pming Saber about it on steam? He is with KoS and its their server.
"Arguing about battlemechs off the field of battle is like arguing as a spheroid, even if you win, you're still a freebirth!"

'It's too bad they don't have a "Report to Mother button", I bet you'd be slapping that one twenty-four-seven so she'd come dry your tears when your own idiocy leads you to failure in a game on the internet.' - dimachaerus

New idea- would I be able to use an external hard drive to add RAM and/or improve gigahertz?

Offline TheSneak

• MechWarrior
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 10:28:01 PM »
Thanks bane

Did you have any luck? As of about 12 hours ago Bulldog still just says 'connecting to server' forever...

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 03:40:11 AM »
Seriously though Bulldog is the one remaining server australian ppl can play on... If it no work, the whole mod will lose its PRECIOUS southern hemisphere roots.

Precious. Southern. Hemisphere. Roots.

Think about it. It almost makes sense.

That and if bulldog doesnt come back, my MWLL career will be over...

Ive swapped HPGRELAY to Telstra, new ISP, new modem.

They have promised line speeds of up to 24 mbps, but ive yet to see that.
The local Blue mountains gazette reported Telstra have upgraded the exchanges in my area.

So southern hemisphere ppl might want to give it a try.

It might be better, it might not.

But its worth a try. As soon as we get the NBN in my area, i will swap over.

Its set to kick pings over 250
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 05:50:50 AM »
I had a look at it, as her couldn't connect to Matchbox too.

So for me, in =KoS= Bulldog: Puretech I can initially connect to it, but it keeps failing at a KeyExchange1 process. Rebooting the server will probably fix it. (TLL) Matchbox #1 US-TX, it takes a while to resolve the NAT address, but it eventually goes over it. If I type manually the address with the connect command, "connect 50.97.113.67:64100", it doesn't goes through it, which makes it faster. With (TLL) Matchbox #1 US-IL I have no problem.
yeah rebooting the server might fix it.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 07:16:40 AM »

hnn not fair I have no ping limiter on my boxes :-X

Offline Alexis Kerensky

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +47/-151
  • What's a matter, wolf got your ride?
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 07:47:21 AM »

hnn not fair I have no ping limiter on my boxes :-X
250 wow that crappily and stupidly low.
Ferro-Fibrous armor deflecting insults and protecting from damage since 2571.

I am The wolf Chosen of Kerensky. As a  Warden clansmen i protect those who cannot fight for themselves and seek only to find peace in humanity. The Wolf's Dragoons were the spies of the clan sent by the clan wolf. It was through them that we  both realized that the inner sphere were people just like us.
Runway is the only one who can make it to Khan rank without ever moving.
Do not mess with the runway, runway always wins.

• Resident Necromancer
  • Apprentice Dev
  • Living Legend
    • The Living Legends
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 08:29:30 AM »
Not entirely. Anyone above 150 in an Aero or VTOL will likely be warping, and be difficult to take down. 250 is a generous limit as I see it, we used that in the past on TLL too but I've forgotten to add it so many times.

Offline [CG]Anastasius Focht

• Resident Sociopath
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +3/-9079
  • Precentor Martial
    • Comstar
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 08:36:41 AM »
Yeah, the idea is to provide a server for the southern hemisphere players, 250 is the default for the anti lag system that comes with rconnect.

I know there were some performance issues in the past, but ive changed ISP and modem, It may be better now.
If not, it was worth a try
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:05:31 AM by [CG]Anastasius Focht »
You have to understand the code of duty and honor that rules those who pilot these engines of destruction. Placing such an awesome weapon in the hands of an individual implies a similar gesture of trust

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Anastasius_Focht