Author Topic: MWLL 0.7.1 plus Crysis Wars Trial 1.5 Combined Installer - Release  (Read 47842 times)

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +135/-5
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
Ladies and Gentlemen, for you consideration, Gouty and Haarp (but don't let that put you off) are proud to present

MWLL 0.7.1 plus Crysis Wars Trial 1.5 Combined Installer
Version 1.1

Or as we've come to call it:

MWLL GOuTY Edition

What this does:
  • Extracts Crysis Wars Trial 1.5 and MWLL files up to 0.7.1
  • Adds the launcher and MWLL tools 1.1.125.331
  • Allows users to add a product key, or create a random one*
  • Populates the InstallDir in the relevant part of the registry
  • Creates a blank profile without having to load up Crysis Wars first
* if you use a random value you will only be able to join servers that do not check for a valid Crysis Wars key

This allows new players to get started in MWLL with a single download, and a single install.  Hopefully eliminating many prospective players first hurdle to getting into MWLL.

Downloads:
Version 1.1 ~5.9GB:

Torrent - PLEASE SEED!
Old Torrent URL

Mirror 1 - Germany (CJW)
Mirror 2 - Chicago (cyofee)
Mirror 3 - Finland (TrollerLover) DEAD
Checksums:
MD5: 47afed00e2c7c83877f938a8b33e59b2
sha256: 88e6b6ca751ba1b0e2aa94d5e7858910714e9808c3b0ef10f19dc758cf1a3f4

Version 1 (old version)~5.9GB:
Mirror 1 - Finland (TrollerLover)
Mirror 2 - Chicago (cyofee)
Checksums:
MD5: 98a86fac509986a8294248a46f74d26b
SHA256: 4b63cb960494decc146c43ca393978ff1650df808867ccdcb26d2becacdf41b3

Instructions:
For zip file:
  • Download MWLL-0.7.1+CW.zip
  • Extract the files to a folder (we would recommend using 7Zip - the built in windows extractor has been reported to handle large files poorly)
  • Ensure that the four .bin files are in the same folder as the .exe
  • Run the MWLL+CW_setup.exe
For torrent:
  • Just run the .exe

Edit 26/08/14: Updated CJW link and torrent
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:42:10 PM by Gouty »
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
If you take this seriously, you're some kind of mouth-breathing fappwit that shouldn't have survived infancy.

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
Re: Crysis Wars Trial 1.5 plus MWLL 0.7 Combined Installer - Beta
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 10:17:34 AM »
Good initiative! I appreciate your guys' hard work, even if HAARP can be a stuck-up jerkhole (sorry HAARP! ;D).

Any thought on the redistributables that are required? Or are they a small worry on most's systems/something to look into a later Installer release?

Also, how big is this file? EDIT: Thanks Spooky. ;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 10:29:19 AM by Bloodycrow »

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +150/-37
  • my little pwny
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:24:22 AM »
@Gouty: couldn't you just include the 64-bit binaries as well? By copying them from an existing installation. That's what you had to do with the Steam version of the old Crysis as well for example.

Good initiative! I appreciate your guys' hard work, even if HAARP can be a stuck-up jerkhole (sorry HAARP! ;D).

Any thought on the redistributables that are required? Or are they a small worry on most's systems/something to look into a later Installer release?

Also, how big is this file?

5.78 GiB :)

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 10:30:24 AM »
Yeah, as Spooky said, just shy of 6GB, we slimmed it down by removing Crysis Wars intro videos, maps etc. (so no CW multiplayer) and then used some rather extreme compression

The reason we didn't bundle the 64bit binaries is we are trying to keep this above board - i.e. the trial is free and does not come with 64-bit, we'd have to extract them from a purchased version of the game.

As for redistributables, the fanatastic MWLL launcher handles that on first run.
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam"
If you take this seriously, you're some kind of mouth-breathing fappwit that shouldn't have survived infancy.

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-50
    • cyofee
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 10:34:01 AM »
Great stuff.
man + x = bt
bt - x = man
But what is x? You need to discover it for yourself.

Offline Bloodycrow

• Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +134/-24
  • "Living Lurker"
    • Planetary League Site
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 10:34:56 AM »
Ah, sweetness. Thank you for the info.

I have a system that hasn't had Crysis Wars on it that I can test this on for you guys, but my internet is absolute shit. It may take a couple days to download, but I'll be sure to post results.

Offline Ingrater

• MWLL Lead Coder
  • Project Director
  • Star Colonel
  • l33tp0intz: +135/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 03:31:27 PM »
Why do you disable 64 bit mode? When running MWLL in 32 bit it will run out of memory and crash quite frequently.
There comes a point where the talking must stop, and people have to do actual work.

Offline SJ SaKhan Wolf

• Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +124/-33
  • Cheese!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 03:35:16 PM »
Why do you disable 64 bit mode? When running MWLL in 32 bit it will run out of memory and crash quite frequently.

I'm guessing this is their logic

The reason we didn't bundle the 64bit binaries is we are trying to keep this above board - i.e. the trial is free and does not come with 64-bit, we'd have to extract them from a purchased version of the game.
My milk shakes!

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • my little pwny
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 03:57:55 PM »

It's not disabled, it's just that the Trial package of Crysis Wars does not have the 64-bit binaries in it.

Also even when you run the 32-bit version under a 64-bit Operating System, it is very unlikely to run out of memory (except when severe memory leaks are involved, or other reasons for high memory consumption, like with the infamous C8 bug on vehicles). The 32-bit executable of Crysis Wars is large address aware and thus can allocate up to 4GiB of virtual memory. While MWLL might go over the 2GiB barrier of 32-bit Operating Systems sometimes, it is unlikely to go over 4GiB.

Offline Deathbane

• MWLL Contributor
  • Living Legend
  • l33tp0intz: +164/-13
  • Fun now allowed
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 08:12:38 PM »
Its certainly playable, I can dev in 32 bit so..

It will be less stable though from my own experience.
"Arguing about battlemechs off the field of battle is like arguing as a spheroid, even if you win, you're still a freebirth!"

'It's too bad they don't have a "Report to Mother button", I bet you'd be slapping that one twenty-four-seven so she'd come dry your tears when your own idiocy leads you to failure in a game on the internet.' - dimachaerus

New idea- would I be able to use an external hard drive to add RAM and/or improve gigahertz?

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +73/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 10:04:00 PM »

Does not? It probably won't if you don't patch it to the 1.5 version, 64bit support was added in a later patch. ;)
(To clarify, Crysis Wars Trial doesn't comes updated to the latest version, its the equivalent of a retail one)

Don't forget to include it, or MWLL might not run because of an outdated Crysis Wars.

I also highly recommend running the game in 64bit mode. In XP x86 I suffer enough already sometimes (only happens in longer playing sessions though). :P

Offline Gouty

• Lance Captain
  • =CJW= Chief Whip
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 12:23:38 PM »
I went to play MWLL last night and realised that due to some testing I had been doing I did not have MWLL or Crysis Wars installed!  It took about 10 mins to do so with the installer (due to the massive compression) but I was able to get straight in, create a profile from MWLL and start playing.

Does not? It probably won't if you don't patch it to the 1.5 version, 64bit support was added in a later patch. ;)
It is Crysis Wars Trial patched to 1.5 (See the thread title!) and 64 bit is not included as part of that patch.  However, I have since heard rumour that some purchased versions of Wars did not come with 64-bit binaries (probably the Steam Version) and if this was made available officially by Crytek as a separate patch, we may include it in the installer.

After some quick research though, I cannot find a 64 bit patch from Crytek, only ones that had been extracted from working versions that were shared.  If anybody else finds anything, please let me know.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:31:30 PM by Gouty »

Offline cyofee

• Lance Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +68/-50
    • cyofee
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 12:36:47 PM »
I have the Steam version and I have 64-bit binaries.
man + x = bt
bt - x = man
But what is x? You need to discover it for yourself.

Offline Spooky

• Living Legend
  • my little pwny
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 12:59:26 PM »
All retail versions of the game do not have the 64-bit binaries included. They were added through a patch later. And as Str1ker said, the latest (well actually already the very first) patch should include the 64-bit binaries as well. Since I always only use the Steam version myself (which comes with the 64-bit binaries), I haven't observed this in detail though.

Offline Bruno_007

• Apprentice Dev
  • Star Captain
  • l33tp0intz: +73/-0
  • Osiris hats: sold out. ~Str1k3r
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 08:04:57 PM »
It is Crysis Wars Trial patched to 1.5 (See the thread title!) and 64 bit is not included as part of that patch.  However, I have since heard rumour that some purchased versions of Wars did not come with 64-bit binaries (probably the Steam Version) and if this was made available officially by Crytek as a separate patch, we may include it in the installer.

I did saw it, and the logical conclusion I came upon was that you guys thought Crysis Wars Trial was already patched to the 1.5 version, which would explain why the 64bit binaries weren't there. The 1.5 patch does include them. The problems of the game not coming with 64bit binaries was just related to the Steam version, which that I know Crytek didn't addressed with a separate patch.

Yeah Spooky, the first patch was the one to add the 64bit binaries. I simply stated 1.5 because its a cumulative patch already. :)

Major strikethrough. Like, I don't have a Bin64 folder either! And my game was installed from a retail copy + patch 1.5... So, where's the problem here? The game detected I had a X86 OS system? I don't remember hearing problems about X64 binaries not being included in my Crysis Wars days.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:21:25 PM by Bruno_007 »